Lore Tidbit Thread 2

I’m tempted to say they just forgot about him.

3 Likes

Almost certainly.

1 Like

This is only because they’re claiming the title ‘Druid’ as being a uniquely cenarion thing. There were nature users who operated basically the same as druids which predate Malfurion’s training. Druids in everything but name.

Xarantaur can 1v1 all of your favourite characters and win. He hits them so hard with the Lorehammer that they get flung into the distant future Samurai Jack style.

He is the hero Azeroth needs.

2 Likes

According to Chronicles 1 Tauren (well yaungol, but still) were also Cenarius’s first students, but they didn’t quite make it to what we call Druids today. Some of these first students split off and discovered shamanism.

Xarantaur being trained by Cenarius still checks out, he just didn’t become a fully fledged Druid by the time, as Malfurion is the first successful student of his.

1 Like

I accept this.

It’s the same for the pre-Highborne night elves living how Cenarius taught em, before they discovered the true power of Arcane magic.

Edit: Also, I still hate how they changed the destruction of Zin-Azshari, in the old lore it was the battle between Azshara and Malfurion (a scholar first, mortal druid second) that destroyed Zin-Azshari and eventually imploded the well, not the demon soul and sargy with his portal.

With the new models of Worgens, I am planning on finally making one and so I call upon your knowledge of obscure lore to help me check I’m not writing something dumb.

1. I vaguely recall reading something, once, about how the Curse stop aging. Is it true, or can I have a gilnean bitten when they were a child who are an adult now?
  2. Is there anything against the addition of a few characteristics while they are in human form? (I am thinking slightly pointed ears and tapetum lucidum. Thinks that could say both “Perhaps faraway elf ancestry or perhaps a wolf curse”, since the curse came from night elves first.)
  3. How long was the period between the fall of Gilneas (intro quests) and the Cataclysm? Four, six years?

Yeah, that’s why 9/10 Doctors recommend the Gilnean Worgen Curse.

You could take of your shirt a lot and fight Robert Pattinson.

About 4 days.

It’s not so much stopping their aging, but rather giving them increased vitality. Genn is pushing his 80s, and he’s described fighting with the vigour of his youthful prime – even in human form. It also comes with heightened senses, strength and reflexes that I’d compare to an orc. Orcs are really fast and strong.

One worgen character in Wolfheart describes it as “power beyond mere mortals”, and when I asked Loreology whether these characteristics apply to their human form, he gave a positive ruling although obviously to a lesser effect than in worgen form.

He deleted his twitter, though, and I don’t know if I posted the tweet to any discord where I might screenshot its thumbnail.

We know that the curse makes you hairier. Depending on how “feral” you are, or how in tune with the beast your character happens to be, the gruffier they get. If you take Genn’s default Heroes of the Storm skin as any indicator, he definitely has pointed ears, yellow-ish eyes, fangs and snubbier nose.

I support the idea of those features becoming more prominent with worgen characters who embrace the curse, even if it may just be headcanon. Meanwhile a character who might be in denial with their other half due to traumatic experiences may not be as feral looking.

As for this, it’s unclear.

2 Likes

Now you make me miss Valewalker Farodin. :frowning:

His VA is dead so he will never return.

1 Like

Seeing as parts of Gilneas crash into the sea during the questing experience, I doubt more than a few months passed since Gilneas City fell to the worgen.

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561287824964452363/616620529373413442/unknown.png

From War of the Ancients.

Clowns exist in ancient Night Elf/Highborne culture and seem to have the same connotations as human clowns.

Malfurion lived in a society, is what I’m saying.

https://i.redd.it/gaadnlhc9cj31.jpg

Heavy stuff.

Not sure if this is widely known or not, but it stuck with me when I started leveling in the Jade Forest on an alt.

Despite their fascination with their own history, and despite the Lorewalkers working tirelessly to uncover and document said history, much of their ancient past remains shrouded in mystery to the Pandaren.

This is pretty unsurprising when you remember the Mogu empire. The Mogu tore down all pandaren culture, history, even their language. Of course that means they lose said history for the most part.

Seems that the “Orc Sea Pup” is the naval variant of peons.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Steel_Thunder

2 Likes

I sadly have no tidbit, just here to bump the thread :wink:

1 Like

Whilst the same source admittedly does refer to Tirion Fordring as a governor, both he and his son in turn could have been considered princes, or at the very least Grand Dukes, as the land they ruled over - Hearthglen, is referred to as a principality in Of Blood and Honour.

https://imgur.com/99MWnpa

What army are they reffering too in the last sentence?

Emissaries, diplomats and envoys from the nations that made up the Alliance of Lordaeron.

https://imgur.com/a/0jVogju