Lore Tidbit Thread 2

It’s important to me that you know I was :poop:posting because he’s getting hung up over an irrelevant detail in a thread that’s supposed to be about actual lore facts, not low tier memes.

6 Likes

Sorry my man but I’m going to need to see your :poop:posting license.

I’m sure everything is in order, but I’ve got to do my due diligence here and do everything by the book. You know how it is these days, red tape everywhere.

1 Like

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/454363719519043598/604309096056881162/poopposting_license2.png

2 Likes

Brilliant, thanks very much for that sir. Go about your business.

1 Like

Does anybody have any lore source on whether pandaren or tauren sweat?

Cairne’s loyal followers rushed into the ring, grieving. They lifted the body of their fallen leader. Magatha knew what everyone expected would happen now. They would ritually bathe it, washing away the dirt and blood and sweat and oil, then prepare it for cremation by wrapping it in a ceremonial blanket. There would be a long, mournful walk back to Thunder Bluff from Orgrimmar, so that all could pay their respects before the body was burned, the ashes offered to the winds and rivers, to become one with the Earth Mother and Sky Father.

Cairne blinked. His vision was blurring. Had he gotten dust or sweat or blood in his eyes? He took a precious second to wipe the back of his hand across his eyes, but it aided nothing. His hand shook as he lowered it. And his legs… they felt weak…

• The Shattering

don’t ask me why i knew where to search for those on short notice

6 Likes

Had I known that this tidbit came from one of the most gutwrenchingly horrible events of WoW and one of my favorite characters death, I’d not asked.

:nooo:

Also i seem to remember that pandaren sweat too, from the jade forest questline in the jade mines. Supposedly Mann’s man complains about sweating the day in the mines, though I can’t confirm this.

Here’s a few about the Wildhammers.
Wildhammers will sometimes pass hammers down for generations, becoming family heirlooms, as suggested by this quest (dialogue in the comments).

Thorny Stankroots are a powerful cure-all that they use on Gryphons by steeping it in boiling water, though it apparently gives non-gryphons severe stomach cramps, according to this quest.

Just as the Bronzebeard Dwarves use whistles for their rams, some Wildhammer clans use scents to make lost gryphons return home. Charred birch is one of them.

Gryphons are sacred to the Wildhammers, and regard their relationship with the animals as friends. The two seem to keep a respectful relationship, given that the Gryphons can return respectful treatment, according to this quest.

When they get married, Wildhammer women wear a white dress to show purity, and a feathered crown to show audacity, with owl feathers being the best for it.

one day i’ll be able to play as one
wildhammer druids when
give me my gryphon flight form blizzard

8 Likes

Going through food items in different expansions for flavour (pun intended) in RP, I found oranges in Draenor.

Except they’re called O’ruks. Possible flavour (again, intended) for orcish cuisine RP.

I also found instant Pandaren cup noodles and Pandaren takeaway in Mistfall.

SMV has glowing honey.

Not enough love is given to Xarantaur, the ten thousand year old Tauren.

After being one of the first druids trained by Cenarius after the War of the Ancients, he travelled the length and breadth of Kalimdor in search of stories, knowledge and wisdom. When his life was at its end he was frustrated that he hadn’t yet learned enough, and was blessed by Nozdormu with immortality to continue his search forevermore.

You can do quests for him in the Storm Peaks helping him continue his search there.

4 Likes

An interesting character, and a nice tribute to another player as well. Does make you wonder though if the Bronze Dragonflight did to the same to any other mortals?

I know mages can often live beyond their natural lifespans but we’ve yet to see any other (living) sorts that can achieve that.

I remember when Blizzard couldn’t make up it’s mind and that Xarantaur was chronically the first mortal druid.

Then Malfurion, then Xarantaur, then Malfurion again.

That said, it does seem weird that Bronze dragons (or Nozdormu) was/is able to make others immortal, but not himself…

Also, wouldn’t Xarantaur have lost his immortality when the dragons lost their power?

There are 2 characters in Silithus who were blessed with immortality by Nozdormu and Anachronoss; I belief one is a Night Elf and the other is 100% a Human!

Also canoncly Malfurion is the first mortal Druid, which means Xarantaur is retconned…

Well, Nozdormu did bless the entire Night Elven population with immortality.

1 Like

Maybe Xarantaur wasn’t a druid for all of his days, learning quite a while after Malfy established druidism among mortal races? Millennia of life is quite a while to grow, learn and change.

1 Like

“I was one of the first tauren druids, of the last generation taught by Shan’do Cenarius, before the Legion, before the Sundering, when the world was still young. Before everything changed.”

The text implies he was learning around the same time as Malfurion and Illidan, if it was before the War of the Ancients. It’s a bit ambiguous.

It’s also interesting that it’s not just that he was made immortal, but by giving him the Lorehammer (terrible name tbh) he has some sway over time itself by being able to correct it where necessary to a limited degree.

So Nozdormu is empowering him to effectively assist with the work of the Bronze flight in a limited capacity.

He’s basicly the first Timewalker.

That said, he can not be trained before the Legion invasion and the WotA, since Malfurion was still a student of Cenarius at the start of the War of the Ancients.

And Malfurion was, in Cenarius own words, his only mortal student.

1 Like

Yet newer lore sources like Chronicles contradict this, thus its reasonable to assume he either is no longer canon or his Druid part is no longer canon…

And the first mortal Druid. Even according to the new(est) sources!