Lore Tidbit Thread 3

But I thought that, since the Lightforged are imbued by “The Light” they, are immortal?

So wouldn’t paladins be immortal then, too?

IMO the Lightforging process is like becoming a paladin but amped up to 11 and juiced up with magical steroids.

1 Like

Silk from Quel’Thalas is apparently an extravagant material. The “Angry Bride” during a certain WQ in Kul Tiras is, among other things, very upset that wicker beasts ruined her dress made of imported elven silk.

Rather than being an extravagant material, which it very well might be as well, she might be upset over the dress being ruined due to the material itself simply being incredibly rare in Kul Tiras.

First Quel’Thalas is a semi-isolationist kingdom that only really interacted with human kingdoms other than Dalaran if they had to, then it was invaded by the Scourge, 90% of the entire Thalassian population was wiped out practically overnight, and then Kul Tiras seceded from the Alliance over their refusal to avenge Daelin and many others.

The Alliance made peace with the Horde, but they remained mortal enemies of Kul Tiras, and then the blood elves joins the Horde. That’ll bring a practically non-existent trade for possibly up to decades, at least for the last decade, to a complete end.

1 Like

I’m gonna post this here as an interest check.

Should I remake and format Feranos’s minerals guide from the old forums to the new and update it? His guide’s dated to MoP, so it’s three expansions out of date.

8 Likes

I would like to see some more info on minerals(and potions, gems, enchants, well everything really)… Guides do it for me since I always try to find out myself but I’m to lazy to actually dig deeper… So I hardly get further then WoWpedia :stuck_out_tongue:

I can look into porting Feranos’s guide over and fill the gaps sometime over the holidays if I have time for it

2 Likes

There’s a document on Minerals/Plants/Food and Drink by a guy called Cannibeans that I use from time to time. Been pretty handy.

Seems updated to BfA but early.

EDIT: https://wow.gamepedia.com/User:Cannibeans

1 Like

You can post links writing them between ‘…’ even without enough trust levels!
I am sure someone would link the complete version after you anyway.
Sounds like a useful guide, I would like to check it out.

A Hydralisk fought along side the night elves.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Daughters_of_the_Moon_(WC3_NightElf)

2 Likes

Zandalari warriors do not look favourably upon dexterity, preferring instead to fight with a combination of brute force and magic.

Dexterity is not prized among Zandalari warriors: Brute forced, backed by ancient magics, is the preferred combat style.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/For_Council_and_King

2 Likes

Sethrak are quite possibly immortal, at least when it comes to the effect of old age. Vorrik, who was present when Mythrax was first sealed, is at least 16000 years old, as was Korthek until the adventurers killed him.

This might well make the Sethrak the oldest beings on Azeroth, easily beating the Night Elves (who were still dark trolls at that point in time) and contesting even the eldest of Draenei.

With the final chapter of Traveler out, there’s some lore tidbits that always come along to enjoy! (Spoilers)

It takes two days to reach Thal’darah Overlook from the Charred Vale in Stonetalon Mountains by foot.

Net fixing is a profession of great respect in murloc society, and it is implied that a good murloc leader is exceptional at this skill.

Haal’eshi Gorge and the Den of Haal’esh in Hellfire Citadel (or at least the nearby area) was turned into a Burning Legion citadel by the time the Cataclysm occurred. Many arakkoa reside in the fortress, so the Haal’eshi may have joined the Legion.

Murky from the book is seemingly confirmed to be the same Murky we’ve seen in game and possibly Heroes of the Storm. A time skip is seen that lasted a year, and Murky returns to say he is now “the most famous murloc on Azeroth.”

In the case of Valdread, some forsaken may have held no loyalty to Lordaeron if they originated from somewhere else and may have left the Forsaken. He couldn’t go back to Stormwind so after leaving the Forsaken, he became a mercenary.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.