Lore Tidbit Thread 3

Speaking of strength, pandaren are seen doing some pretty crazy things. Shado-pan archers are seen bounding dozens (if not a hundred) of meters from one roof to another, which would require good legs. In two quests you also see pandaren carry six full barrels of brew at once.

But the most impressive feat of all can be seen at the Anglers outposts, such as Soggy’s Gamble in the Dread Wastes, where the fishermen can be seen casually carrying fish the size of African elephants alone. That’s several metric tons! (An average elephant is six).

To be fair, this one really depends on the sentinels and the worgen in question (and their genders). It might not be as significant as it sounds.

1 Like

She is also pushing the ‘‘toxic masculinity’’ garbage too, and described Thrall as a ‘‘non-toxic’’ one. Just… please no.

1 Like

Not the direction, its delivery.

Again, what so many people don’t get, is that Sylvanas isn’t badly written since Legion because she’s turning villainous. It’s because how it’s happening.

And that is with mustache twirly evil speeches and Rocket Team fly off exits.
Arthas (to bring up another character she wrote an entire book about, as previously mentioned) showed very well how a kind hearted, good character can turn into a heartless (pun intended) mass murderer who wants to just quite simply kill everyone.

It can be done. Sylvanas’ way isn’t how it is done. At all. And that is in very large part Golden’s fault.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/561287824964452363/627221768670543882/unknown.png

8 Likes

She has being doing evil stuff since vanilla.

Arguably WC3 even, it’d not be unreasonable to argue that what she did to Garithos was beyond any reasonable response to his misdeeds.

Sylvanas was never good to begin with, so there wasn’t really any such journey to show.

And I am 110% sure that her current plan and direction is the result of corporate meddling over anything else.

I am pretty sure that 90% of the people complaining about this term do not realise what it actually means. (I won’t derail by going into depth, but in short: https://i.redd.it/i5hvthsfs6q31.png).

I mean, while you can argue to which degree that is true, I think it is at least partially true with this playerbase in mind…

6 Likes

I didn’t know this, I assumed it was what most thought it was. I stand corrected then.

1 Like

I think there’s a difference between Sylv being a very shady antagonist and what she is in BFA; Blizzard saying that she was on team #death for a long time has been some of the biggest character assassination going. It discredits her inner monologue in like four novels at this point, as it turns out Blizzard had this planned and she was playing 6D mouse trap with the reader…

Though its par the course for anyone hit with thr villain bat.

5 Likes

Obviously it’s nonsense, but I don’t think it has anything to do with Golden. It’s just Blizzard being Blizzard.

Insert the age-old adage about tying the hands of the creators etc

2 Likes

Golden’s the current boogeyman to complain about the state of the lore. It used to be Metzen, then Kosak, then Danuser and now it’s Golden. Pretending like those individuals are somehow singlehandedly going out of their way to ruin the franchise and there’s nothing anyone at Blizzard can do about it is pretty disingenuous.

Truth is, it’s just Blizzard.

6 Likes

Yeah, god i remember the story forums frothing at the mouth over Kosak.

5 Likes

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be, but I can at least clarify a bit on the genders.

“Near the bow, Genn could see two Sentinels, beautiful warrior women, trying to pull a worgen away from working on the sail lines. It was not going well. The wolf-man was pushing a third night elf sailor back, infuriated at being yanked away.”

The wording in “a third night elf sailor” implied the person being much the same as the other two, hence my assumption it was three women total.

If we’re being entirely accurate it lines up as two female elves and one elf of indeterminate gender, being somewhat equal to the strength of a male worgen with no particular warrior-like adjectives to his name.

I am very nervous for the future of old Greymane. At this rate I half expect him to be Gul’dan’s secret lover, biding his time to avenge his snookums without warning.

And we all fell for it, thats the worst part! D:

Damn Sylvanas, outsmarting us again!!!

I wish there was a perfect term to describe what Blizzard essentially did with the whole Sylvanas arc really.

Mary sue doesn’t fit, after all it’s a term used for protagonists and good guys in general, Sylvanas is all but that, however she does fit the other aspects of that term being that the universe upon which she’s in has to be entirely recontextualized and bent regardless of established lore, books and cinematics. Also the power level getting to absurb heights and the only failures ending up being invalidated or not meaningful at all.

From what I just said a paragraph above, Retcon could be the term… But retcons require you to put in the work, not just say it. Chronicles retconned lots of things but it at least was writen, it revamped the whole story and added new elements in favor of the universe in general and generally ends up in a positive result. Doesn’t really fit.

Guess you can say it’s a Mix of both.

Time to contribute though to the thread with recent stuff.

You can communicate with Kul Tiran Bees through the power of your sick dance moves. And you don’t need to be anything really special like a druid. Being a Beekeeper or one who knows about them in detail can apparently do so.
Solonis, somewhere, must be displeased.

Night elf women are on the lankier side of races, and they aren’t generally praised for their strength as they are for their agility, speed and overall dexterity with weapons.

In this situation it’s two women (possibly three, or plus one man), versus a male of a race that’s already physically more imposing and bigger than a night elf woman. Then you add the curse’s strength on top of that.

The strength difference between men and women even in real life is pretty significant, so if you had some drugged up jacked nuthead causing trouble, three women would likely still struggle to keep the person detained without a taser or other equipment.

Not saying worgen don’t have superhuman strength, though, just that this particular scenario doesn’t really require it to be possible.

2 Likes

In undeath, Nazgrim seems to be insistant on strangulating his foes. It reaches a point where Thassarian begins to have second thoughts about having him on board.

Because Thassarian is a wimp compared to Nazboi.

Tweeted a fast ball at Danuser re. the difference between Paladins and Lightforged after a discussion regarding the matter over Discord.

:cricket_bat_and_ball: :baseball:

If the answer is “Culture”, would that mean that every Paladin is basicly Lightforged?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Just trying to give him an easy way out because you know they didn’t think it through. Arthas: Rise of the Lich King is pretty explicit about how powerful a paladin is.

2 Likes