Lore Tidbits #6

When did this happen? I thought the entire Perenolde royal family was wiped out in the second war.

There were multiple that survived, including Aliden who went on to become leader of the Syndicate. He was killed in quest in Vanilla.

Another one was some cousin whose claim to the throne was supported by Gilneas, but nothing came from it and his whereabouts are unknown.

1 Like

It didn’t happen, unfortunately, he said he would have liked to see an undead Alterac serving the Forsaken as a vassal state, much like Galen and his undead Stromgarde before he betrayed the Forsaken.

All Perenoldes did survive the Second War, though. Alterac did as well, but with no one to claim the throne, it was basically just annexed by Lordaeron.

1 Like

A side effect of ressurection is, seemingly, headache.

https://gyazo.com/3d45f0895c4b8c47133839f38a1c6d5c

So people get kicked out of groups saving the world because they got a headache.

The warp-stalker’s habit of phasing between physical and astral dimensions causes an effect on spellcasters where their spells simply fizzle away in the middle of casting, making them a terrible annoyance. And warp-stalkers don’t even have to be nearby for this to happen. You can go to Terokkar, which is populated with the beasts, and just being in the region is a hassle for spellcasters.

Thats what I wished for, it didn’t happen.

Also, I thought that Perenolde guy thats still lived (in vanilla) was Aliden Perenolde?

Oh fair. Would be cool yeah.

I just thought they were all dead.

Isiden has not been heard from since being mentioned in beyond the dark portal, so they could pull a Taelia and say he has been in hiding somewhere until he becomes plot relevant.
Aliden could also just come back, like many other random NPCs killed in vanilla quests.
Heck, they could both come back, one as living and one as undead and make a big deal out of who has the right to the throne.

Though I don’t think blizzard has been interested in Alterac since WC2, so I doubt we’ll see anything happen.

the only love for alterac that strangely remain is the noble in Stormwind keep who hires alliance adventures to go there and retrieve the crown, I don’t recall the exact reason other than ogres are smelly and stupid, take it from them.

To be fair, they are.

As good a reason as any to take back the crown™

He just wants it for the House of Nobles’ collection of royal regalia.

That moment when Stormwind has 3 crowns atm and the Crown of Stromgarde well on its way. Crown of Kul Tiras is a family friend alongside the crown of Gilneas.

Gosh darn the Wrynn family played the long Ball.

1 Like

Reunited Empire of Arathor under the Wrynn family when?

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

Greymane pulling a Chris Redfield and harassing Anduin into marrying his daughter so the Greymane line can continue, when?

1 Like

I just want Genn to stop being an ineffectual old man and return to being a proper warrior king like he was in WC2 :frowning:

So tired of the Stormwind Hegemony

1 Like

tbf that was decades ago in universe and he is actually an old man, even if he can now turn into a wolf monster

1 Like

Wolf monster king > boy king

I’ll stop derailing :<

1 Like