Loving the Arathi Brawl against bots

yesterday was harder. We did lose once.

Like I said, I honestly haven’t tried the Brawl format so I appreciate you explaining it and as a result, I can now clearly see that the Brawl format is different from the BG format. :man_shrugging:

did a run as a break from doing the invasion (alliance gank raids running about and a few people openly stacking me) Not bad, I can see though why some would complain since its alot less likely to loose than regular but it is a aditional bit of conquest and only for a brawl so its not too big a deal. I do think maybe achivments should be rewarded though.

Then again its still amazing to see those morons run to stables when other bases are attacked.

This is exactly how I feel right now lol

1 Like

Is that sarcasm? :smirk:

Here’s why it’s different:

The bots are predictable. They follow the same “strategy” every time, they react in a predictable way, and their difficulty is consistent every game.
This means that the way you play the Brawl is very methodical and systematic. In many ways it’s like clearing a dungeon; it’s about efficiency and speed and making incremental improvements from time to time.

With a regular Battleground it’s different. The human opponents aren’t predictable. They can adopt different strategies every game. They can react in different ways. And the difficulty can vary from game to game, from player to player.
This results in a more dynamic gameplay experience where you have to be reacting to your opponents constantly and changing your strategies on the fly.

These gameplay experiences are different. Try it out, you’ll see.

Tbh i think their slowly improving
 It feels like the A.I. could be one of those wierd smart A.I.'s who need to learn
 perhaps at the alst day of the brawl they might just be able to leave farm.

aye they seem more challenging now, though still see some humorously dumb players who leave bases abandoned. when your number than a zero IQ computer that says something.

Yeah the A.I. have a rogue who just do same “ninja stealth” capping all the time. But the rest of them seem to acctually get stuck at stables/farm if it’s captured or pressured. I acctually noticed some of them use their stuns more actively now

Anyhow i love the new updated looks of Arathi Basin. :sunglasses:

agreed, the new look is gorgeous

No, no, you don’t have to explain all over again, you did a brilliant job the first time, the difference was clear.

The rain, the snow, new npc, yeah I get it.

It shouldn’t award reputation at the very least, that PvP rep should be earned from actually PvPing, the easy nature of this will just diminish the accomplishments of people who did this the frustrating way.

That said, I did it earlier and saw comments like " Oh my, the AI is learning! SKYNET WILL MURDER US BOYS " Meanwhile, I’m sat there with some random m8s I had and we’re watching this absolute champ of an AI run in circles like a mongoloid for 2 mins before deciding it wanted to fight me and me m8s, we beat the crap out of it.

It ressed up and yolo’d straight back at us, if this is skynet my dudes, we’ll beat the crap out of that as well.

1 Like

Totally agere. Love it

I wonder if they’re tweaking it, because the past couple of games seem a bit harder than before.

Unless its some sort of botnet, always learning until it kills us all.

I’m guessing something similar has been said by many that used bot programs.

Terminator 1.0- humble beginnings.
Man, that’s a movie I would like to see.

These bots are based off machine learning so there is no doubt that it’s still being trained. The questions still if it’s being trained till next time this brawl comes around or in real time.

Could also add in the argument that these brawls are suppose to add in something different when it comes to pvp, different bg’s and arenas. Now pve managed to sneak into this as well.
Next week it’s dungeon event. Not until the week after that we get a real pvp brawl.

So yeah, I feel cheated.

Dunno why the bots hate pets so much though.

The experience isnt that interesting. Its just tank and spank them at the farm so they wont move anywhere else

Except that this will most likely become the next generation of game AI.