Loving the Arathi Brawl against bots

But they’re not replacing players. Arathi Basin against other players is still a gameplay activity you can queue for, if that’s what you want.
The Brawl is just a one-week thing where you can do something that’s…different.

The BGs the Brawl BoTs are in, they’re there in replacement of the opposing players, now the BGs they’re not in, they’re not replacing the opposing players, make sense?

No.
Can you play Arathi Basin against other players this week? Yes.
Can you play Arathi Basin against bots this week? Yes.
Has one replaced the other this week? No.
Can people do whatever the hell they want? Yes.
/yawn

3 Likes

Why am I getting the feeling that you don’t know what the word Replace means?

Ah, I see, you’re probably thinking in a more permanent sense, right?

I understand perfectly well the meaning of the word. I gave my reasoning above why it’s not a replacement; because the ordinary Arathi Basin still exists.

And just to preemptively cover this:
“Ah but Jito, the human opponents were replaced with bots!”
No, because they were never intended to be humans in that format to begin with.

Anything else?

In what? the BG format?

I can’t :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

The Brawl format.

I honestly haven’t tried it yet, so what exactly do you do in the Brawl Format? :smirk:

Well that depends on the week.
Some weeks it’s a PvP activity.
Some weeks it’s a PvPvE activity.
And this week it’s a PvE activity.

A bit more specific please, from start to finish. :smirk:

You’re quite the dumbass aren’t you?
But I’ll play along.
For this week the news post describes it this way:
“Jump into Arathi Basin for a head-to-head for battle against AI opponents in this classic battle.”

Wait, you haven’t done one yet?

I think I’ve done 20 or so.

Okay cool, lets try this again, from start to finish, explain to me the brawl format. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

For this week.

On Alliance side the approach seems to be to try and capture 3 bases to begin with, then pressure the 4th base that isn’t Farm, whilst protecting the other 3 at the same time. Then once control is taken of all 4 bases everyone pushes toward Farm and caps that as well, before finally camping the enemy at their spawn point. Then it’s simply a matter of holding the 5 bases until 1500 points have ticked in and it’s a victory.

Wonder if it’s being trained as we fight them.

Nooooo! This is what i ment on my earlier post! I knew they manage to mess it up before i finally have time to play it on weekend… with this speed when i can finally
log in to play it , queue is gonna be one hour and when getting in, godlike bots will be gy camping real players on gy. :sob:

Bots are just dealing waaaay too little damage. I go in and I take on a feral and a rogue at the same time. Now I know I am better than average, but that would be very, very unlikely to happen for me in a normal BG. Considering the bots are already at a disadvantage from being not exactly deepmind AIs, it seems wrong that it is so easy. 100% win rate for every team might make sense in a raid, but for a BG which is designed around two teams fighting across the map, it doesn’t work that great.

If Blizzard has made those bots using machine learning algorithms probably they only will progress towards being harder. With every Arathi BG against those bots Blizzard is collecting data that it is used to produce better bots. If they are actually using machine learning I can understand Blizzard’s interest in having this BG, by playing against those bots we are refining their bots that could be used in the future when they are ready in many aspects of the game. Machine learning is a long process that requires to have a big amount of real data and enough time for the algorithm to evolve.

2 Likes

trying to talk to jito is like banging your head against the wall hoping you somehow get any form of pleasure at every new strike. turns out it never happens and the outcome is always the same.

trust me, i tried both. but, at least with the wall i was defeated by the law of physics. was still more positive than trying to argue with her