Loving the PVP damage reduction - Healer perspective

I’m thrilled with the changes as a healer! Healing feels more effective, and the burst damage seems significantly toned down, which is a huge relief.

Just a heads-up: I’m not 100% sure if the new adjustments are fully implemented, but there’s definitely a noticeable difference. Keeping people alive in PvP is much easier, making the whole experience a lot more enjoyable!

Please make this a long lasting change Mr Blizz.

1 Like

if the intention was a flat healing buff across the board then this change is perfect.

sucks if you play rogue, hunter and to a degree warrior though because it goes without saying that a healing buff has minor/no effect on these classes, and they simply end up eating a flat nerf to their ability to kill stuff.

i get that we aren’t balancing around 1v1 scenarios and all that, but the reality is that healers (even dps specs that can heal) just got a buff at the expense of all non-healers.

me personally… i mean, my shaman will no longer be a glass cannon, and now every riptide i spam on CD will be 30% more effective on top of that.

oh well, at least mortal strike and wound poison are back to being relevant. /shrug

1 Like

I can relate to that, but up to this point it was always about killing a player in 0.8 seconds… No fun at all for other “roles” in the game.

I love healing and I love healing in PVP, I just now love the fact that I am finally viable.

fully agreed. i hate the burst meta too. its stressful and punishing.
you don’t click the right button at the exact right time? well tough luck, you’re dead because you didn’t prioritize your gcd usage with flawlessness.

warrior with mortal strike is mandatory in any pvp sitiations now

i wouldn’t say mandatory, but very advantageous yes.

that being said, i don’t want the meta to devolve into “have MS or die” either.

The only issue is getting 30 rage to use it, cause if you do half damage you get half the rage.

1 Like

Yeah really great , u can stand there and full heal while u cant die. Really fun indeed!

1 Like

Yeah it is great. Absolutely mate. Terrific. Fantastic. I hope you heal your opponents to death because 80% of classes are hitting like a wet noodle. 1 hour WSGs, 500 coins at STV in 30 min if the group doesn’t have a healer while it is still getting stomped by shamans. Good luck killing warlocks mate. Exquisite changes.

1 Like

Revert the dmg reduction BUFF…

If you want to heal go play PVE.
People play PVP for the soul purpouse of KILLING ppl not this retail style s**t.

lets not pretend healing is not a pvp thing. that’s a garbage take.

I have both healer and dps characters in pvp, and i can say that healing requires 0 skill now, yes it was hard to keep people alive but if u were skilled it was possible,now any low iq 10 year old kid can heal the whole bg, and feel like a pro.Ofc healers would love it,the only problem is - if you keep these changes, there will be nothing to heal in pvp because 80% will just stop playing.

they have went from one extreme to an other

/golf clap blizz

Healing was already the most important role in BGs before the change. I didn’t test the changes yet but we are probably back to the P1 slugfest.
Also my hunter is probably a free kill for anything with self heals.

Thats called a Skill Issue buddy. The skill in playing a healer came from having enough game knowledge to predict when damage was coming in, how fast it would be coming in, and on which target.

The game is so slow and boring now it gives you enough time for your noob reactions to press a button to top someone off or spam your dispels safely, knowing there is no way in hell somone will die within 30 seconds 1v1, or even 15 seconds in a 1v2.

Only people that defend a 50% dmg reduction are backpeddling noobs that didn’t have the reaction time or game knowledge to do anything.

2 Likes

WOW finally someone that has a point.Good healers were good before these changes and made differance on bg,now any healer can feel “like a pro” no matter how bad he is.

ofcourse it will feel more effective ur 2x as effective then before the 50% dmg nerf im still wondering how high they were to not implement the 50% heal nerf or maybe they just have boomer brains like half their playerbase…

It is a free kill now even if u were melee and 2 shot before welcome to the patch that makes all ur dmg 0 :slight_smile: and good luck healing as you said :smiley: they removed the only thing that we had as an edge our dmg but now ppl will be happy atleast hunter will be 0 once again from 700dps to 350 dps but healers get to keep they 600hps :slight_smile: nothing wrong with that are u suggesting blizzard was on drugs when they let the patch go live!??

The changes are great from a Warrior perspective. I guess any melee loves it and hunters, who killed you why you are entangled in their freezing trap, hate it.

I can guarantee you that a fast kill meta favors noobs more than a slow kill meta. It’s the same why some games allow crits that even noobs have their lucky moments, occasionally.