Low legendary drop rate

But they are not some specs get theres 100% drop rate from Torg .

Goes to show you didnt read the thread at all and just want to troll . The OP doesnt want all BiS i suggest you read the whole thread before assuming things .

So, and then you get benched over someone who got lucky :stuck_out_tongue: Game over.

1 Like

If have any expectation that the 95% of the player base who don’t treat wow like a full time job (and yes, I’ll put my hand up and say I play wow too much at the moment.), will have legendaries on their toons when they go into raids, then you are very wrong. Will peoples alts have these legendaries when they’re pugging these raids, probably not.

and youtubers are just trying to get big hits on their channels by talking about the cool and exciting things… not the actual reality of the game.

Was it fair when only the main tank got Thunderfury. Or the Rogue took Warglaives over the Warrior.

Looking at my guild, i would say very most would have at least a decent legendary :thinking: A rank 1 is good enough. It is about the effect, not the ilvl.

2 Likes

I just want to play the game as best I can and not let the team down :confused:

My guild is actually very soft on this. I expect half of us won’t start the raid with a legendary, and that won’t be a problem. Nobody will get frowned at or benched because of it.

But I want to do my best, right from day 1, and everything on youtube, wowhead, etc, has suggested to me that it should be viable to start with a legendary. Everything has suggested that SL is about targeting the legendary you want.

But with drop rates that have some people running 50+ dungeons? That’s not fair. That is a grind where we can’t even predict the end point, and it’s hard on the nerves.

I would much prefer having to collect 100 tokens from the end boss of any dungeon. At least I could count them down, and at least you get more excited as time passes, knowing you’re making progress. Running more and more dungeons for low % drops isn’t progress; the next one is still a low % drop.

I have two, but neither are for my raid/dungeon spec :joy_cat:

I am lucky, hpala does not have good legendaries anyway :stuck_out_tongue: As always we have to go for dps ones, or even a retri one.

Is failtrain still running btw ?

Yes, yesterday alliance and today horde requirements are posted :slight_smile:

(i am not that interested in raids though, i prefer to go wild on M+ again)

1 Like

I don’t simply because I don’t care enough. I’ll do the content I enjoy and maybe I’ll aim for a certain legendary soon. We’ll see.

Never force yourself to do something in wow. Especially not to that degree. Take a break, do something inbetween! You’re going to end up quitting if you keep playing like that.

If you still feel forced to run it, bring guildies, friends. Restrict yourself to a certain number per day. From what I understand the legendaries are important sure, but they are not that important.

Take care!

3 Likes

It is clear to me by this point that Blizzard should be congratulated. They are releasing just enough pixelcrack to keep the addicts hammering at the doors but not enough to sate their cravings. GG Blizz GG.

1 Like

maybe im just lucky but i’ve had 6 legendary recipes drop so far, rng is rng i guess

that’s how I felt farming Sharkbait. 150 runs, it took months. Sometimes I ran the instance 4-5 times a day. But it finally dropped.

rare items are supposed to be rare. 100% drops are supposed to 100%. You’re not letting anyone down.

1 Like

Least there are legendaries we can actually farm for without relying on luck.

Even if they aren’t BIS.

1 Like

I’ve been bringing guildies when I can - most of them have something to gain from this particular dungeon, so more than half my runs have been with them. It does help :slight_smile:

But it is a bit of a… frustration. It just seems like such bad design for a core feature of the game to have random availability to different players. This is bound to cause stress, jealousy, and drive a wedge between guildies when some of them have theirs and others don’t. The have-nots will still be grinding heroics while the haves will want to progress in M+, and it’s going to get ugly.

But I appreciate the sentiment :slight_smile:

1 Like

This!

Its just a game. Just enjoy the game for what it is. There is an entire world out there to explore. It may be a bit restricted because of a pandemic at the moment. But trust me, I’ve spent the past 7 years travel and was only grounded due to the pandemic. The world is more amazing than a silly game.

Advice to all: If anyone is forcing you to have particular item, and low drop rate one at that, then those people are not worth playing with.

2 Likes

I feel for you. Blizzard and their disgusting love for rng(Ion particularly).

1 Like

In my case, nobody is. Although I’m going to feel pretty crap if I show up on raid day with zero main spec legendaries.

Last week off work, hit the levelling hard, hit the dungeons hard; reached our preferred ilvl to start normal raids next week. Great!

Buuut RNG is denying me this headline feature, it seems, and the result is no matter what I did today, I’ll log off feeling like I needed to do more

I have a full time job too, and family and other social things even with the pandamic. But we are here on that game forum to talk about what is good, fun, bad, frustrating in that game. Of course i care more about the cancer results of my dad next wednesday.

2 Likes

Ah, bring back the good old days when getting gear was easy…

(recalls running UBRS in Vanilla over 50 times for my Rogue tier 1 set chest armour only to see a Druid beat me on the roll for it when it did drop)

1 Like

Gaming matters aside, I do hope he’s ok :slight_smile:

I appreciate the thought, it’s just that SL doesn’t feel like legendaries are supposed to be rare. We’re supposed to be able to target the ones we want (whether because BiS or play style reasons), and that is the one we then progress with and upgrade.

Watching friends run dozens of dungeons and still not get a drop makes the whole thing feel like such a lie :confused: It’s not targetable if it’s a 1% drop.

The one I’m farming for isn’t even considered optimal, it’s just the one that suits my play style ^^;

I believe Torghast has something for me this week, with a good drop rate. I would have more fun with the one I’m grinding for, it will lean into my gameplay much better and I’ll generally enjoy it more. But yes, at least there does seem to be something.

But I really do sympathise with those who’s numerically-best recipes are dungeon drops. Those are the ones your raid team will want you to run, and you’ll be stuck hitting up those heroics for however long, potentially well past the point the rest of your guild wants to move on. That is not fun design.

I do remember my shaman losing mail shoulders to a paladin because they saved their DKP for it. I was angery :joy_cat:

But at least those individual pieces weren’t make or break. In SL, it would feel bad to start the season without a legendary. We’ve all been sold the line that we should be on that crafting asap and fed guides on how to keep up. Sucks for those whose preferred leggo is a low % dungeon drop and who have to choose between deferring crafting entirely, or starting with one they didn’t want and swallowing the cost.

1 Like