Low legendary drop rate

Have some empathy, many others have had success on their first try. Consider the frustration of having an item that is infinitely farmable with a low chance to drop. I did a dungeon as Arms, with Arms loot spec and got a Prot Legendary drop on first try, now I’m not complaining about that but the Arms legendary didn’t drop (from theatre) in any of my runs.

The SL legendary system was meant to be a response to the overly RNG nature of Legion Legendaries, but alright fair enough they are targetable now but there may be a reality of poor luck that results in the same kinda issues, some people having their BIS legendaries, others waiting on drops and suffering a significant performance difference as a result, like in Legion. That’s gonna hurt a lot with the raid based legendaries if they have a low drop chance and you only have 1-2 opportunities per week.

2 Likes

On 346 kills and still going over 1k+ kills on sha ,oondasta,galaon and nalak and over 3k kills on loverocket so i know the pain of RnG atm im on 512 mounts i know how to grind and i will help Alewín get his legendary .

1 Like

I do understand where you are coming from. I used to feel that stress. But, considering the RNG involved, do you really think you’ll be the only one without legendaries?

If you feel like you need to contribute do so in other ways - ilvl, food and pots to name a few. Might ease your mind a bit! One legendary is not going to effect your performance that much. Especially not this early on. Sure, it helps but it’s not the end of the World.

Good luck!

2 Likes

No, Legendary should be hard to get.

We all love him in the guild he is really cute :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Then maybe by design that item isn’t supposed to a targetable item or held by all of the players of that class/play style. It’s supposed to be rare. Go with one of the 100% drop items, might not be as good, but it will cover you until the item you want eventually drops for you.

I’ll go back to the Sharkbait example. I picked up Squawks earlier on, it was a nice mount and it took me everywhere I wanted to go. But my transmog need a Red Parrot. So I ran Freehold over a period of time, but kept riding my Green Parrot until it dropped. Why? because I understood the tactics for the boss fights that I was doing. I was a good enough player that I had reflexes to move around and was key part of any group I was in. The colour of my parrot didn’t matter, it was the fact that I knew what I was doing.

For some classes it actually is almost completely useless. And I can bet you that someone who is playing healer wouldn’t want to craft a DPS Legendary as their first legendary because they got no healer legendaries.

2 Likes

I still find that hard to believe after 2 weeks of L3 Torghast, but ok.

I got a BiS for demo appearntly for mythic+ on my warlock, but no afl memories which is my mainspec i feel forced to respec now.

1 Like

Says who? Because all the guides are about how to be on top of crafting it for the start of the season, or as soon as you can get it if it’s a raid drop. Everything in the run up to SL has told us to not get behind on the legendary grind because it matters.

Like it or not, agree with the approach or not; legendaries are a core feature of SL. Maybe not as impactful as artifacts in Legion, but it won’t be many weeks until pugs start demanding people bring bis legendaries. Failing to show up at my raid with one? That’s me letting people down. Doesn’t even matter if my raid leader is fine with it; I will still feel like I let them down.

In which case the design stinks, imho. Telling players that a dice roll will decide how they play the next 2 years is horrible.

I may already have the BiS tank recipe, for all I know. I’m still not going to tank. We have guild tanks, we don’t need more, there is no room for me in that role and I’m not experienced or good at it.

In a less extreme case, my particular legendary makes the difference between being a melee healer (which I like), and being a stand back and cast healer (which is less enjoyable to me).

I know you’re trying to find a silver lining, but it’s a bit more impactful than the colour of the parrot :slight_smile:

Stop it you :blush:

I currently don’t have any healer legendaries, it is true :frowning: I have not done L3 this week however, and I have high hopes of coming out of it with something. It’s not what I want, but if needs be, I will craft and use it next week because it’ll be better than nothing.

But seeing other people who’s preferred legendary already dropped from a dungeon? Of course that makes for jealousy. We rolled some dice and now they get to play their way before I get to play mine. My turn might be months away.

It is not good design, imho, to have a core feature where some players have to wait longer than others, based on factors they do not control. There’s a famous experiment where you give chimps a cooperative game, and one of them always gets an apricot, and the other only gets a peanut. The peanut chimp usually stops playing.

Can’t believe there are shills defending this.

I thought running Freehold 154 times was a true waste of my real life.

I mean, do you ever even ride all those mounts, lol.

I appreciate this is over a period of a number of years. But do you get outside much for fresh air?

My point is, farming rare items because you have to have them, and then complaining that the rare items don’t drop. Maybe just start thinking about taking a look at your life and how much time is being committed to a video game.

Having 512 mounts does not impress me at all. I worry about you.

Why not? Monk Tank is by far the funnest class to tank on… although it a bit less fun since SL-prepatch. But still, you’ll have a great time doing it!

honestly, it really is just as impactful as the colour of a parrot. What matters is the player, not the gear.

Because I’m a healer… I have been through all of BfA. I have a healer spot in guild raids, people ask me to log in and heal their dungeon runs. It’s what I know and enjoy.

Our tank spots are filled by people who wanted to tank. I’d have to unseat one of them if I wanted to do it. I’d probably have to join a different guild entirely, and that’d require going through an application process where my only qualification is the BiS legendary :joy_cat:

…plus I really don’t want the responsibility of tanking! It looks hard, let me be one of 4-5 healers please :smiley:

1 Like

Thats a fair point. But really, Monk tanking is really fun! It’s a great challenge of trying to balance your agro and survivability at the same time. Please give it ago when you get a chance, you’ll love it once you get into it.

I also don’t tank raids either, despite maining a Prot Pally for M+. But then, I don’t really focus raiding anymore anyway… it just stopped being fun for me.

1 Like

No cubes no game :sweat_smile:

I checked and… I legit do have the #1 tanking legendary :joy_cat:

But I don’t really want to tank and there’s no room for me to do so in raids :slight_smile: I did some casual tanking back in BfA, like M+8 kind of stuff, but I was running 16-18 as a healer so… you can see where my comfort lies :smiley:

I had issues with Paladins too, lost out on the Bow from Scholo on my Hunter to a Paladin because he 'needed the agility. Of course Paladins can’t use ranged weapons so me and the rest of the guild told him that to spawn the trainer for the bow he had to do some ridiculous stuff. took him a week of wasted effort to realise that he couldn’t use the bow.

2 Likes

Good luck with the paragon mounts in this expansion.

With a hotfix to the game that went live yesterday, we improved the drop rates of Legendary Memories relative to dungeon difficulty. Their Mythic difficulty drop rate is now significantly better than on Heroic, which is significantly better than on Normal.

More importantly – the drop rates for Legendary Memories are much higher in Mythic Keystone difficulties, and they ramp upward with the Mythic Keystone level. The availability of Legendary Memories should increase dramatically next week.

27 Likes