Low level dungeons are practically dead

Time is 17:30 Server time Friday,
Server is Golemagg Horde, a megaserver which is 99.99% Horde.

• Ragefire Chasm - 5 players, lvl 13 (2), 14, 16, 80.

• Wailing Caverns - 15 players, lvl 18 (3), 19 (2), 20 (5), 21, 23, 80 (3)

• The Deadmines - 0 players

• Shadowfang Keep - 1 player, lvl 80

• The Stockade - 1 player, lvl 58

• Blackfathom Deeps - 1 player, lvl 22

• Gnomeregan - 1 player, lvl 80

• Razorfen Kraul - 7 players, lvl 26 (2), 28, 30 (3), 80

• Scarlet Monastery - 10 players, lvl 28, 32 (2), 34, 36, 38, 39, 40 (3)

• Razorfen Downs - 1 player, lvl 80

• Uldaman - 2 players, lvl 41, 42

• Zul’Farrak - 4 players, lvl 46, 71, 80 (2)

• Maraudon - 8 players, lvl 44 (2), 46 (2), 49, 70 (3)

• The Temple of Atal’Hakkar - 0 players

• Blackrock Depths - 11 players, lvl 48, 49, 51 (2), 52, 56, 57 (4), 80

• Blackrock Spire - 5 players, lvl 80 (5)

• Scholomance - 1 player, lvl 80

• Stratholme - 1 player, lvl 80

• Dire Maul - 3 players, lvl 80 (3)

77 players, 26 of which weren’t level appropriate for the dungeon.
This is at 5:30 Server time on a Friday, on a server which logged over 26 000 raiding Horde players last week.

TBC dungeons dont fare much better (6 players in Blood Furnace, 2 level 80s in Ramparts).

4 Likes

Yes they are.

Cross Server Random Dungeon Finder should be a thing for the lower levels imo.

Been leveling some characters recently and it is depressing how little activity it is in the group listing tool atm.

9 Likes

I can only imagine what it’s like. Mirage Raceway is a decent server, with reasonable faction balance for a PvE server. If my mono faction megaserver is struggling with less than 100 players in dungeons 10-60 at prime time on a Friday evening, it must be nigh impossible to get anything done outside of RFC/WC/SM/BRD.

Are these threads supposed to be some shock and awe that low level dungeons aren’t run because the majority are max level and/or don’t care about an alt? This was always the case, it’s not news to anyone unless you didn’t play the game back then.

It’s just disappointing that on a mono faction Horde dominant mega server there are less than 100 players in all 19 vanilla dungeons combined.

Is that all layers or just one?

Yeah I appreciate that, I would just say the majority have played the game before and know/remember that low-level dungeons are dead or not worth putting together when you can just quest.

the /who command shows all layers

1 Like

We are in WotLK - so most people levelling a new class / race would simply be speed running to 80 and would have no interest in taking time to run instances - it gives little or no reward that helps the levelling experience - especially if they are using heirlooms.

Somebody new to the game may well feel like completing old content - but Blizz have never really catered for that and even I there was an RDF for say Vanilla and TBC, very few would actually use it - if would be no better than the systems currently available within the game.

low level dungeons are dead? well theres something that never happened in every expansion.

1 Like

Yes, low level dungeons are practically dead.
The sky is also blue.

1 Like

If nobody runs it then why does it matter? Apperently people dont wanna do them or else they would

Where is the big number of players that were the reason that RDF was universally denied from the game, at least for leveling content? The number of players doing leveling dungeons right now is low and its unlikely that all of them prefer the current situation over having RDF.

As far as I can see it the number of players playing leveling dungeons and being strictly against RDF is very low. I understand why the Blizzard team thinks there are players preferring to run few dungeons with more committed groups, but I do not understand why the team thinks that this current situation is better than enabling the content for 10 times more people. Yes, the content is available in theory, but in reality not having RDF prevents most of them to actually do these dungeons and to have fun with other people instead of experiencing solo adventures only.

1 Like

Frankly using locked server for statistics was a bad idea from OP. Since it’s impossible to create new characters you’re limited to whatever’s still there before the lock happened.

Mirage has 2 people in LFG for 30-40 dungeons.

There, not locked server stats.

Oof this one’s bad. Also make no mistake I don’t disagree with you there. I just point out potential weakness if an argument.

you don’t need dungeons to level 1-60

Most people are doing Wotlk content obviously… the people that are leveling alts also don’t start from 0, but mostly from lvl 70!
I have 8 lvl 70s still waiting for my alt phase. So no surprise that low level dungeons aren’t a thing right now

With this reasoning you could remove all non max level dungeons. However, the dungeons are still in the game. Why? Simply because they are part of the game and there are players who like doing group activities with other players, even pre max level.

2 Likes

I moved from pyrewood, where there were 5 people at 80 in lfg.

But i guess Blizz’s strat worked, they got my 25 buckeroons.