Low level transmog question

Hello!
I have a quick question about the transmog system. It mentions that in patch 7.3.5 it was changed so that lower level characters can transmog to hear higher than their current level. So, for instance, a level 1 character can mog gear all the way up to 60, a level 60 all the way up to 80 and so forth.

My question is whether or not those pieces become unlocked if a lower level characters picks them up. Suppose this character grabs a piece from outland or northrend, will I be able to mog to it, or do I need a high level character to pick it up initially?

I hope I understood this correctly:
You need to get it on a character that is high enough level to equip it in the first place to be able to transmog it on a low level. For example, if I got Molten Core appearances on a character which is 60+, I can transmog it on another level 1+ character.

So basically you need to be high enough level to be able to equip items and then they will be added to your appearance collection.

Right, that’s all I needed to know. Thanks!

I would also add, that in some cases you need to be high enough level to solo a specific piece of content buecase you might not find a group for something very old.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.