M+ Affix Adjustments in Season 3

With each new season of Mythic+ dungeons, we take time during the development and testing of the content update to consider how M+ affixes have been working, design and implement new affixes, adjust dungeons where necessary, and add new dungeons.

M+ is played by a diverse range of players, so we try to make sure our feedback sources are just as diverse, to maximize our chances that we’ll spot pain points, knowing that different types of players have different experiences in M+. We look at data and statistics, forum posts, streams, and of course, we play a great number of keys ourselves at various levels and discuss our own experiences internally.

A major focus in these efforts is always how different weeks “feel” for players. An example of this was the adjustment to Ingra Maloch in Season 2. Player feedback was aligned with our own experiences that the penalty for missing a burst damage check felt overly punishing and made the dungeon less fun, and we didn’t want to wait too long to dial in the fun.

That said, a sense of mastery is a very important part of Mythic+, and changes that invalidate player strategies or otherwise involve relearning aspects of the game can have a negative effect on that. With that in mind, we prefer to make those types of changes at the start of a new season. For example, we felt that there was too much stress on tanks in Shadowlands Season 1, so going into Season 2 we sought to address that with our approach to the Tormented affix as well as changes to existing affixes.

For Season 3, our experiences again aligned with player feedback, and:

• We’ve made adjustments to the affix rotation to break up Necrotic and Sanguine, as this combination could overburden tanks.
  • We’ve also made a change to the duration of the Necrotic affix to afford tanks more control over their ability to reset stacks.

As always, thanks to everyone who tested M+ dungeons on the Eternity’s End PTR with us, especially those who reported bugs and submitted thoughtful feedback. You made a positive impact on Season 3 and our future efforts in M+.

4 Likes

Making us do double the amount of dungeons in season 2 and making it char only for ksm shows you didnt listen to us and instead did the exact opposite of what we wanted.

20 Likes

Agreed KSM should be account wide!

However, I love the break up of sanguine+necrotic+fortified which was such a frustrating and quite boring combination. I’m happy to know I don’t have a totally dead week anymore.

Ignore: But there is still a weird combination I hope was also broken up: Bolstering+raging+fortified - although not as frustrating as the above combination this combination still makes a specific week crazy hard compared to any other week.

1 Like

And also 8 dungeons for 3 options in the great vault instead of 10 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

^^ This!!

It would be nice however if KSM was account wide again, people still have to farm the valor to upgrade stuff.

4 Likes

… Still will only run m+ with my main char.

Because you :clown_face: devs made it character locked (KSM)

But i know… Your metrics XD

2 Likes

What part is character locked? Every char gets his own keystone so you can play on it, don’t you? I played M+ on 4 different chars in season 2 :thinking:

I mean KSM ,sry.

That’s not even a possible combination. Bolstering and Raging are both level 4 affixes.

Yeah, I’m glad this is gone. Necrotic, so I want to kite. Sanguine, so I don’t want to slow mobs. And fortified, so the want to kite gets even stronger.

1 Like

As a Feral, every week this expansion is pure pain & suffering if we even get the chance to enter a group, while we will now fall off even more than before while we also scale terribly with CDR & Haste… 9.2 is actually the anti-feral patch in all regards…

1 Like

You’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking about when I wrote that.

1 Like

Also delete bolstering :slight_smile:

What is this god awful seasonnal affix you have implemented? I mean how did you even come up with that? M+ is usually the thing that keeps me IG everyday, and right now I feel like not touching the game anymore. I’m really amazed at the level of creativity demonstrated here to get something as bad and nonsensical as this.

I don’t expect any answer at this point, I am gutted. I wish Season 2 was still live.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s pretty confusing, not really sure what’s going on, and there seems to be alot of them

I like this affix more then s1 and s2
cause it’s almost everywhere and it has high uptime on HAste or CDR reduction
i love it
being buffed is cool
and bonus i don’t need to CLICK on anima power and i don’t need to STOP

What is confusing ??
there are 3 relics attached to enemy
you kill one of them and add will spawn then you kill the add
and you will get based on relic you picked one of 3 buffs
15 % haste
200% cdr and something
and 150% movement speed and stealth
it’s simple and straightforward
if you going for pugs Kill VY this will give you 15% haste basically drums

Ya, same, mate…

Well since they were always pull with Packs, I just did my AOE rotation, like everyone else in the group and what ever died last is what we got :rofl:

What a waste of an idea.

1 Like

Oh dear. You might have to think about what you kill first. The horror. Literally unplayable. Who designed this.

not really. I quite often think about what I’m doing.

It’s clear the only buff worth going for is the Haste buff. But tbh, although they are different shapes, it’s not particularly clear or obvious which one is which.