M+ Key Leavers

Any kind of punishment systems needs a ton of research because like you and Mistjo said, people would then abuse the system. People do it all the time and unfortunately they will continue to do it because they were never loved by their parents.

I’ve also left 2 keys since this character was created, one for people failing for 3 to 4 minutes on the 2nd boss on AD, where they couldn’t kill all 3 totems together and another due to a person bringing their friend, who then decided to AFK at the beginning of a run.

We do need to do something about the real problem leavers for key runs, but it’s just an overall difficult decision on how to do it correctly, where it protects the people who want to run the key and really does punish the leaver without them abusing it, as stated above.

Why does every suggestion just blatantly ignore that above 20 people play for score? If the key cannot be timed, there’s no reason to stay.

I had people leave my 26 rise, do I care? No, we were not going to be able to time it. It would give no score if we finish it and would be pointless to finish.

The system needs to be added for people who leave on purpose to spite the individuals in that group.

If a key times out, then people should be able to leave without risk of a punishment being applied or at least give a voting system to end the run, when everyone can see that the key will not be done in time. A simple 3 out of 5 vote to end it!

No.

So I never fully pug, I just go with 2 friends and we end the key when we want it to end.

1 Like

ye ppl are so naiv and thinking that punishment will work or “new” shiny systems, that will never be abused :smiley:
you leave a key? at least death penalty for the person for wasting my gaming time

Just don’t try to use the “key is dead” excuse, when you are not for certain, is people’s main point. Most ppl that say “key is dead, bye!” leave long before it is dead.

I completed uncountable keys with one rager saying it is dead, and in time, without them. Making them pure tilt and ragebaby.

So, yeah, your point of view crashes with the reality of things: Most players don’t know if a key is dead. They just feel this or that way.

26 tyrannical rise. We get to morchie, we have 12 minutes left when we arrive at morchie. We wipe on morchie when she’s almost dead. You think we’re going to time that?

25 tyrannical AD, we wipe to yazma with 3 minutes left. Do you think we’ll kill yazma in that time?

24 tyrannical AD, we get to volkaal with 7 minutes left. Do you honestly think we’ll kill volkaal + yazma in 7 minutes?

25 tyrannical EB, healer dies on first cinderbolt storm. I CR him and he dies again, I cr him again, we lose 2 players next storm, healer and dps. Next storm kills us. We have 8 minutes left. You think we’ll run back and then kill archmage sol & yalnu in 8 minutes?

^---------------------

I don’t feel that way. I know the amount of time those bosses take.

Problem is not you, the person, it is the view your spreading that goes to people who don’t know.

Trickle down effect.

They use the excuse. That is the problem.

People will always use an excuse because of problems that they could overcome if they put the effort in.

Also I’ve noticed it’s the same people trying to avoid a punishment system being added to key runs.

I can imagine that if ALL the players in WoW were give a vote, you’d see a vote of “yes” for key run leavers being punished in one way or another.

At the end of the day I personally hope Blizzard will add something to at least make the leavers avoid using that kind of selfish behaviour, which ruins a perfect normal run, that can be timed.

Because they don’t know the consequences of that.

I am mainly a healer/tank player. I pug when my friends aren’t online to play.

If I’d be punished for some guy flaming or playing really bad and me leaving the group as a result of that - guess what, I just won’t pug any more, I’ll still play keys, I just won’t pug.

Healers & tanks have absolutely no reason to stick around pugging in a system like that and probably won’t.

Then people will come to the forums “OMGESZZZ, WHERE ALL TANKS AND HEALERS???”.

Almost every leave outside of not being able to time the key any more has been caused by another player when I’ve played keys. Be it ninjapulling, flaming, not interrupting, not pressing defensives or stuff like that, it pretty much never happens that someone leaves for no reason. When you’re frequently running into leavers you should ask yourself why and address why people leave instead of demanding people be punished for leaving.

1 Like

i love how 3-5 people come every single one of these topics to bully ops because they’d be so down if blizz implements a punishment. it’s a joke that they get away with leaving

1 Like

I think there is the easing solution, simply, when a person leaves the dungeon that is in progress, replace them with the bot. Do you not have now the bot dungeons? Why do not use them to replace the leaver? They are not good apparance so it is not like the kicker will be preferring them.

The NPCs in follower dungeons are heavily scripted and their damage is low. They also stand in stuff. It’s fine for normal dungeons, but what they have so far wouldn’t be suitable for M+ dungeons. Their goal is probably not to make the NPCs really good anyway as this is a MMO still.

If they created AI NPCs that are better than human players, it would go against competitive fairness. I feel this is generally the problem with AI: it’s hard to develop AI that is really human-like. It’s too good, unrealistically bad, or too erratic (alternating between perfect actions and really dumb actions).

They could may be implement the league type system and if you leave within a certain period after starting a key, you get timed out and that increases the more you do it.

Not sure if blizzard could do that because I guess they’d have to track user activity in more detail.

And if it’s your first offence, nothing happens (to cater for emergency leaving).

Solution is simple: Add a severe punishment for leavers to M+ keys listed with the goal “Completion”. For example: unable to enter M+ for 12h if you left a key marked as “Completion”.

And I’ll guarantee you that people who complain about leavers will begin to understand them and they’ll never do keys marked as “Completion” ever again. They’ll start joining Standard or Beat timer.

It’s good to see such ongoing engagement for this issue. Hopefully Blizzard will take notice soon and give focus to this important area of the game.

If it happens rarely, punishment is not a bother.

If it happens often, punishment is warranted.

Tbf I already avoid these. Completion is code for expect to be slow and painful. I’d rather not expect that…