M+ Leavers cannot keep getting away with it

My patience has been exceeded.

Blizzard,

Pugging Mythic+ is unplayable. Too often when I pug mythic+ runs, no matter how good everyone’s gear is, one little mistake, and someone leaves, and the worst thing is that there is absolutely nothing combating the severe amount of leavers.

To put it into perspective, we are doing Atal’Dazar. We kill first boss easy, looking like a fast run. We then start running up the stairs to the second boss. Someone over pulls the raptors, and then 10 fireballs are appearing essentially meaning a wipe. Healer leaves.

This happens time and time again, and there is nothing to incentivize against leaving. I along with the majority of my guildies refuse to pug, for this exact reason, because griefing consistently occurs.

Please, I beg, put in a leaver buster system for Shadowlands. It can’t be hard. Look at CSGO for example. If you leave once, never mind. If you leave twice, 30 min cooldown. Leave again 2 hour cooldown.

I’m sure most other forum dwellers will agree with me.

Thank you.

Helleus

4 Likes

This has been discussed an infinite amount of times. Such a penalty will not mean you’ll finish more runs. It means people will AFK instead of leaving, to avoid the penalty. If kicking incurs the same penalty, that’s ripe for abuse, so can’t be done. Which means that if anyone wants to leave, they’d just AFK and wait for someone else to leave first, or wait for a kick.

In other words, the problem isn’t solved in any way, but far more time is wasted.

Besides, you already have the solution:

Run with guild, friends, or a community. Problem solved. Pugging has its risk, leavers are one of them.

(Leaving is not griefing, by the way. At least, not in the vast majority of cases.)

1 Like

We should at least get proper ignore/ban list. I just dont want to play with these players anymore and I want to know it when they are in the same group.

rather than punishing people who leave, reward people who stay.

I mean it has been lined out that punishing has lots of problems, so does rewarding for staying actually.
You would rather reward people with something that maybe doesn’t increase power but maybe gold or whatever. Could think about more things

There’s an addon called Character Notes. With that, you can take notes about any player you encounter, and the addon will display the note when you join a group with them - so you can insta leave before venturing further. It’s not as good as an account-wide ignore would be (which would also require a much larger ignore list, by the way), but it’s something that can help you now.

I’ve been using it with great satisfaction, helped me avoid a few groups with players I had very negative notes about. (It also helps me remember the exceptional players, that’s another helpful part of it!)

2 Likes

We need a fio score.

People who come to the forums with tired, bad, rehashed ideas lose score!

I take it you’re a leaver :smiley:

nope, try again

are you ? leaver ?

Healers perspective might be a tank that doesn’t mitigate any damage, while a DPS got eaten and he had to pump to keep the fool alive, and people ninja pulling left right and center, understandable why he didn’t wanna put up with that to be fair if that was the case.

ofc, someone disagress with you, they must be a leaver … could you like, try a new idea that hasn’t already been shot down a million times?

Now, i’ve pugged to 3k on my hunter here, i don’t see the problem? I didn’t see all these leavers decend on my keys. Must really only happen to a select few … i wonder why ? Any ideas ?

Same, pugged to almost 3.1k, been in a few runs where people left for stupid reasons, but in the grand scheme of things, the amount of that was negligible. It sucks, especially when it is your key, but tbh, it is better to fail a key early than spend an hour or more in an m+ for no good reason.

1 Like

Kicking has always been prone to abuse, though… and it can also have a counter-measure, like in rdf

for there is absolutely no problem to kick a “troll” at 50% of the final boss, is there?..

idk, this is truly far worse than “from time to time”… And leaving at first mistake, esp due to affix, is unacceptable.

so many people refuse to realize that… their chara is who they are when there are no consequences by their choices…

In my experience, people who leave over nothing are quite rare. Most of the time, there’s a valid reason, and the majority of people will persevere with a key even when it’s going badly and it’s obvious it will be well over time.

The leavers are the ones we tend to remember because it’s frustrating and it makes us angry.

I would not just want to see something done about the people that leave for those reasons ,I would also like to see something done about people going afk,offline or even a dissconnect within mythic+ dungeons. Because this hurts your team mates, when the healer leaves even a +2 can become diffucult.

But lets put that to the side for a moment people need to start using their brains. If they only have 10 minutes left before they need to go they should not start a mythic +. No matter if its for eating or they have a appiontment or whatever.

But they do and they go afk when the mythic+ dungeon started instead of doing that 1 or 2 minutes earlier when the group still have the chance to find someone else.

amm did you forget the quotation marks around valid?.. :d here, take two from here: " "

jokes aside

that is kind of the problem, isn’t it… the decision of a single player is forced and inconsequential

else yes, i have a 64 min SotS +9 as well, but… ;d

Depleting is a perfectly valid reason to leave when you signed up for a timed run, and not a “weekly” or “chill” run, nor a “boosting a friend” run.

nnnnop it isn’t, because the rest may prefer to finish it for the weekly chest and probably dungeon’s very items - not to mention eyes of ny’; or… just not give up asap like it is 100% failed

it is quite the contrary, you know… if the group is bound on upgrade or rio (avg ilvl 475 ie), sure, its best for everyone to retry… right?

but not without that condition… for example, in league of legends you need a 66% agreement vote to let a forfeit go through - that is 4v1! early vote requires it to be unanimous…

Doesn’t matter what the rest wants. If someone signed up for a timed run, and it’s going to be a deplete, it’s perfectly valid to leave. PuGs ain’t your friends. They aren’t bound to the wishes and whims to the rest of the group. It’s nice if they stick to the end, but it is equally valid to just leave.

Try to force them to stay, and you won’t have anyone to pug with.

1 Like

A simple solution would be to mark the player with a debuff, lasting like 5h of game time that notifies people that you left a key. This debuff would not handicap you in any way, except for putting an icon when you apply to a group.

This way if you are inviting someone that already left the key, its on you

It won’t solve everything but it will still be better than nothing

It will solve nothing, because - like I wrote, and you didn’t read - people will not leave the group then. They’ll afk or zone out and do other stuff, to avoid the penalty.

It will not result in more finished runs, and it will not make it easier to avoid people who leave on first tiny mistake.

What this would result in, is less people pugging, because everyone would be afraid of the penalty. I mean, if you join a group for a timed +10, and you’re halfway through the timer and not even at the first boss, then it is perfectly okay to leave and not waste time. But with the penalty, you’re bound to that group. That’d be a terrible thing.