M+ leavers reduce their rating as punishment

Good luck with that campaign! I am sure Blizzard are overwhelmed by your debate skills.

Remove key depletion would be good.

Instead of constantly and further throwing around with penalties the game could just try to be less toxic.

It’s a game and not a prison. If m+ in it’s current state leads to people leaving than obviously Ions agenda of making everything harder was a mistake.

1. Upscaling keys by two key levels was mistake
  2. M+ having less loot was a mistake
  3. Key depletion is outdated

They keep doubling down on unfun mechanics and Design choices and that’s why people leave keys. Because their time is not valued by this greedy company

The thorgast system is also a good idea, you get a stone in front of each dungeon where you chose the level, like you start from +2 and just chose the level from offered leveels, but you cant chose a higher unless you timed the previous level, and if you fail to complete a specific dungeon on a specific + you cant chose a higher level until you do, even though you completed it before… that would discourage leavers from leaving and again if you are good enough that you completed it once it shouldnt be a problem to do it again if its just the specific group that was bad and madee you fail.

I keep seeing this come up and I have one question.

If you’re underperforming, what reason does the keyholder have to even keep you in the group? They lose nothing from starting again now, there’s no reason to even entertain “Sticking it out for loot” because there’s no downside to trying again with different people.

Just attempted to do a Ruby 15 key and we were doing extremely well, with only 4 deaths prior to the second boss. Then one wipe, with plenty of time to make it up, one person leaves and ruins the key for the rest of us… So that’s 20-25 minutes wasted, for no reason at all…
SOMETHING needs to be done about this!

2 Likes

Yes, exactly these situations are the problem.

The M+ leavers are the cancer of wow these days. They make the game so toxic and they also believe that play better than anyone elsee!!

Multiple threads and whopping 400 comments in a game with millions of subscribers. Surely, this is a sureproof evidence that a problem exists.

By all means, keep attacking people who disagree with you and ignore them. You can live in a beautiful little bubble, that you are actually on to something, though this behaviour may haunt you later in life.

A bad solution is obviously worse than what we currently have, since we have a pretty decent system that sure, could likely be improved in some way.

Been saying it before and will say it again: If you are unhappy with the system, come up with a suggestion that gets a lot of support and does not conflict with WoW TOS.

A friendly note, do consider managing your anger issues. It does not sound that you are in a good place right now.

I don’t care either way… I’ll leave key instantly if it becomes a total clown fiesta.

It’s a game, nothing more. I don’t really care and I’d leave regardless of key depletion exists or not. Removing it is only there to protect the key holders key.

But key depletion at this point just adds another downside to a game which is already as toxic as it is right now.

The biggest mistake is to implement any penalty for leaving keys.

biggest mistake is implementing key depletion.
let people retry their keys as many times as they want.

Game will become a numbers game after. Most hours>highest rating. Spam until you get lucky, vanilla pvp system all over again.

most hours spent is highest score, highest gear. wow since 2004.

also right now if key depleted i join another grp with same key. the only one with a loss is the keyholder. get rid of that nonsense.

Calling nonsense and memes doesn’t make the argument invalid.

If you deplete your key, feel free to join another. I’m quite obviously not talking about the farm level keys. How many of your 26 keys have you depleted this season and joined another?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.