M+ Penatlies

Everyone was in that god forsaken keys, where some guy joins a +10 or former+20 or whatever, you start your Key you played up to that point, just for them to leave, because they die on some rnd void or fail a Bossmechanic and the only one, who realy gets punished is the Keyholder. I cant take that any more we realy need some Penalties for all that mess up a Key or none.

2 Likes

This has been done to death. Google why your idea is a terrible one.

3 Likes

I wouldnt write here if google gave me an aswer no?
I gues you hate that idea, because youre one of those who have a +2 key in inventory and do exactly what i described in my post.

2 Likes

Why should Premade Groups have penalties? There is a person manually forming the group. He chooses who to invite. I am against having penalties. A better option is to remove the key downgrade if people leave and the dungeon is not finished.

thats my point ether all get penalties or none

1 Like

I’ve done 8’s on 2 characters.

I’m nothing like what was described in your post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1avbrb7/idea_for_m_key_leaver/

There, ^^ 400 like minded (small minded) people all going on about the same thing.

people dont want untimed +10 in their raider io .

especialy so early in season when untimed +10 means very likely death sentence and no invite to +11.

they likely dont need crests just timed keys.

you have untimed mode m0 if you dont want to see people leaving.

y sure call it small mindet if i play basicly a 8 to a 10 just tho have some Dejarous priest leave on our key so i can play my 9 again itime

2 Likes

Honest to god who actually cares about this. What kind of person first off, manually checks raiderio profile for every person for every dungeon and looks for untimed dungoens. Second, who actually disqualifies people based on their untimed key findings. That one untimed key could have just been the result of someone dcing. Its not definitive proof that someone is unfit for a key.

I am certain most people dont care about untimed keys, its too much work and pointless overall. Instead its a problem of overqualified people cherry picking keys, if a key has a slight chance of not being intime some people just leave instantly and join a new fresh key within 1 minute just cause they can.

3 Likes

No penalties would completely ruin the system so its a lesser of two evils unfortunately.

1 Like

?

I hate the idea.

I did a +10 like 2 hours after the season started.

I personally advocate for no key downgrade punishment.

The idea behind M+ is that you try to learn the mechanics, get stronger and push higher keys. So, when you do a +8, then fail at +9, logic indicates that you should be able to do the +9 again but game forces you to do a key level you were already able to complete.

Arguments in different threads were eventually broken down to that if things were this way then people would just put the same key level into LFR and eventually get carried above what their skill gap would allow them to do so. For me this is a weak argument as people can still get carried by pure luck. This only changes the time it would take to get carried.

Anywho. Alternative is of course joining keys on LFR and not pushing your own keys, which is what I do. It has its own downsides but its better than doing key levels you’ve already done, which is a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Good going for a level 10.

plenty of people who focus on pushing ?

you know those people who dont complain about others leaving their keys because they invited incompetent players in ?

and +10 is very high key atm .

Having an untimed key does not mean that someone is incompetent.

In case you are taking what i said out of context or misunderstood, i didnt say that checking someones profile never yields useful information.
I meant that nobody checks the profile and looks for if a person has an untimed key in their record.

2 Likes

I think that most people would agree that a few untimed keys is healthy. Not everything goes smoothly all the time. No umtimed’s is a big redflag for me (if I ever bother to check).

Rule of thumb here, if Lilith says it, its wrong.

Considering how im always right about everything … Yeah its you who is wrong :smiley:

Not even the biggest narcist thinks they are always right.

Nobody gives a damn about an untimed key. Or it is even a pro since you do not bail instantly when a dungeon goes south. Everyone who plays has untimed keys. A big red flag is a player without any.

2 Likes

If someone has no untimed keys they either haven’t played alot of keys yet or they’re bailing on keys, the latter is most often the case. That’s not someone you want in a key because they’ll leave a key when they THINK it will be depleted, even though you can still time it.

Like I did a nokhud +6 earlier on m ypriest and one guy was wanting us to just give it up and go +5 instead to try to time that. We wiped twice and that prompted him to want to go +5 instead but we didn’t agree.

We had quite some minutes, like 11 or 12, left after we killed the 3rd boss. This guy thought we would deplete after 2 wipes.