M+ Requirements

This image right here just about sums up why M+ 15 are stupid hard to get into.

ibb-co/cgZgXm5

I have protected the moron posting this in Dungeon Finder because of forum rules…

I currently main an Unholy DK but am being excluded because of people like this idiot. HELLLOO there are other classes who can dps other than those FOTM Classes.

Blizzard should use this image as a “guide” of what classes to nerf next as the dungeons and their content regardless of what M+ level it is should be accessible to all classes otherwise what is the point in having all these other classes??

I have about 1300 IO so have nearly all 12/13 in time but will still not get invited to 14/15,s because of this which means I am missing out on content I could therefore play.

Now I will not turn this into a I,m going to quit thread but definitely considering unsubbing until this FOTM meta has become. I feel if enough people voice their opinions as to why they are considering unsubbing or their complaints about the current situation of WoW then hopefully something can change

3 Likes

I agree its dumbness all round.

Idiots think the only classes capable of doing stuff ontime are those they saw in the MDI.
Blizzard are stupid because their MDI rules don’t allow for the showcasing of other classes.

Do yourself a favour and find friends to play with. You’re just going to spend your life raging at the group finder tool if you don’t play the meta.

8 Likes

Unfortunately I do not have a guild at the moment so cannot do Dungeons with them and most of my friends have either unsubbed or quit due to the same reasons as struggling to get into groups or finding groups.

Its almost like you hit an artificial wall for your class but not for your ability as the WoW Community deem X class to not be good like you said for the reason it wasnt in MDI but then not everyone is an MDI player.

If I was to be cynical I would say that Blizz purposefully make these imbalances in some classes to get the FOTM players rerolling , buying boosts and such

1 Like

That having been said I think nerfing doesn’t solve anything, rather buff the underperforming classes.

The problem is some classes are actually NOT good, why take an arms warrior when you can take an outlaw with much better dps, utility and sustain, they also never pull aggro.

But then again, it’s a +15 anything should be able to perform decently in it, it’s just that the Mythic dungeons themselves have been designed with M+ in mind causing players to seek to optimize everything in it + the dumb MDI which has caused a lot of No fun allowed ideology to be implemented in dungeons.

2 Likes

Well other than Rogue shroud as an Unholy DK I have a battle res, I can do reasonably decent AOE (I beat a lot of rogues and demon hunters in the AOE DPS).

The problem is that Rogues can just hit Blade Flurry and win, I think if they bring shroud as a Unique ability then other classes do also need desirable abilitys in M+ content.

You just have to look at the leaderboards to see how imbalanced things are at the moment between the classes nearly every group or every other group has at least 1 rogue and or Resto druid.

I think they should add affixes which specifically target certain classes.

Joib an M+ community. Don’t even need to bother with the guild system.

It’s got insanely bad. I’m struggling like hell t, get in any pug group, as a paladin tank. It’s an alt so only 1000 io and 400 ilevel. I’d say its a 95% reject for a 10 key. It’s linked to my main so showing 1600 io as well.

Every time I pm them askig why reject? Cos 90% of the time im higher io, even on my alt. “We want a warrior tank for insane dps”. Pallys are only slightly behind wars for keys. 4th best key in the worlds pally tank lol.

The “metas” getting way out of hand.

1 Like

Level your own key? When I use my key I’m not too fussed about FOTM. When pugging someone else I understand I can’t tell others how to play

1 Like

Yea, rather than nerfing buff the bad classes, bfa is already pretty bad, don;t make it worse.

1 Like

Yes but why would they because they have been doing fotm for years now its not even funny anymore they should balance all the classes instead of avoiding it and making fotm changes.

1 Like

Problem is what can you do about it now?

Rogues only have mass stealth, should never of been put in the game. That instanly means you can rotate any other dps in. Frost mage is the only class in the game with insane slows. Should of been more stuns, again perma slowing mobs on one class only, should of never been added in the game.

And DH having insane burst and AoE stuns, only other kind of rival is monk. But anything a WW can do, a DH can do better. More classes should have AoE stuns. There wouldn’t be a meta then as such, just what evers doing top dps. Which if balanced right would make 0 issues.

Same for tanks, warriors are just stupid dps wise, and tanky as hell. Why bother taking anything else? Should never of been in this situation in the first place.

But blizz loves FoTM, it keeps people subbed longer, and makes them log in more. To level a new chara, catch up on reps, catch up on neck levels, catch up on gear. It’s a stupid, greedy sales tactic.

There’s literally 36 rogues in the top 24 keys in the world. If that doesn’t scream broken, I don’t know what does lol. Absolutely rediculous, and embarrassing on blizz behalf.

6 Likes

While I agree on the meta class isues and that’s coming from me as a Rogue.
I believe the only solution is to give unique-class-specific spells to other non-meta classes.

Because removing all the things you mention well.
What is balance in your eyes?
The most brutal balance would be that everyone is absolutely equal. Then why bother with classes and specs? Just make 1 skyrim type character where everyone is a “sneaky battlemage warrior who is blessed with divine healing powers and who is also a great friend with nature” ? It would be the perfect balance. No OP classes and specs cause there aren’t any. Haha :rofl:

The moment you start making specific classes and adding unique flavor to each other. Then the “brute balance” is immediately lost.

That’s a very far stretch.

DH and WW are almost identical in some regards. There is almost no utalitarian difference between paralysis vs imprison and Chaos Nova vs Leg Sweep.

Does that make them the same class and equally bland?

Well actually in a way yes?

If the main difference between classes are different names for the exact same spell?
Luckily DH and WW have other unique spells which make them stand out.

Which is possible for every class without the need to completely gut them of utility to artificially inflate the uniqueness of other classes.

Priests won’t invalidate any mages if we’re able to shackle a humanoid for example.

Well at this point…With my monk… I used to think that only Rdruuds are wanted in 15’s but now at my decent(not good) 1900 rio and having all completed at 15+ i think probably the vast majority of groups will take me, not be cause i have rio just because i have the dungeon completed in 15 or 16 or 17 they know i can do same with their key.

At this point that everyone has pushed thier keys over 15+ they cant trust easy people that try to push, since some pushed 15’s i guess the first-second week this patch came up or so.

Just be patient you will get your way inside it for sure! Try a 14, try to 2 star it with a good group this way you increase your chances VS the nerds.

Are you joking? When the game has so many classes and specs to choose and 3 are performing good YES they need a nerf not buffing the others and making all games content silly and easy just to please the 3 special snowflake classes in M+ that dont want their class to get nurfd

Just reroll, I’m working on a resto druid for next season.

FOTM Player this is the reason why Blizzard keep imbalances in.

@Rondakungfu:

I have tried numerous 14,s but the groups always fall apart because all of the “decent” groups are full of the meta and FOTM players and these groups only request the “meta” classes in their groups.

For example I can apply to a group which has people full of 500 io and get in because they either do not understand the meta or do not care they just want people with high IO but if I apply to a group full of 1500+ its a insta decline and usually the low IO groups are either just plain terrible or screw up on affix mechanics.

So basically the only chance I have of getting into 15,s is to try and work up my own key but going up and down all day long every week to try and time dungeons through the Group Finder Lotto is tiring.

I had a 14 Motherlode which went to 13 KR then went to a 12 KR and now is a 11 KR (The 11 and 12 were over in like 10 minutes due to people being stupid).

…really? A suggestion to buff and make the non-meta classes also viable and competitive. Which I fully support since I can see what my friend who mains a shadow priest has to go trough…
You would rather gut and destroy the few classes which are good?
“If I am miserable and my class/spec cant play in m+ then so should yours!!”
Gee…I rather then be the special snowflake instead of salty as you…

2 Likes

Just to play devil’s advocate it looks like a pushing group. I realise that they are only looking for the FOTM classes for M+ and it can seem harsh. A group that isn’t looking to push beyond is more likely to take someone who hasn’t quite got that score.

As others have suggested you may find others through a guild, I have seen some that are purely interested in M+. There are also communities for that kind of thing. Another suggestion I’ve seen is adding people to your friends list as and when you find nice people you’ve done dungeons with. Build up your own network.

I play with friends. We aren’t super hardcore and just like to have fun. I’ve probably done more with them than I have in any other season. We just have a regular schedule when we do keys every week and try to make the most of it. No one rages at each other and when mistakes happen it’s not the end of the world. Even if sometimes it will cost us the key.

2 Likes