M+ Requirements

So what about if I would like to push ? Oh because I am playing a Unholy DK and not FOTM I have no chance unless I either use my key which is basically the same as playing the lotto as stated above.

The WoW community needs to remember that the WoW subscriber base is getting smaller and smaller and creating these artificial requirements is sure to thin out a dwindling playerbase unless you are prepared to re-roll.

Upon player creation it should say “Are you sure you wish to create this class, It is not considered FOTM and therefore you will find it more difficult to find groups at max level content.” #sarcasm

If you want to push you might need to put in some work on improving your score first if you want pugs to take you. There is always the option to push your own key and take whomever you want too.

The playerbase isn’t dead, there is still a large playerbase no matter how much spin some would like to put on it.

I think warnings would be pretty useless considering the meta classes change all the time for things like M+ and raiding. People should play the class they want to play, not everyone is good at every class either. Some are good at every class they try. It varies.

1 Like

So for you buffing 9 classes and not nerf 3 classes is a serious answer for you?
Use your brain please and realize that by buffing all the classes to not nerf the melee king AKA you who’s salty, you will diminish raids at the same time making them a joke.

Also, you should know your priest friend IS a meta class in raiding as you are in dungeons, there are tradeoffs in dungeons you know that?

In the time every dungeon comp begs for a rogue and you are below 1500 rio… Guess who’s miserable…

Why i would be salty mate? I have alot bigger XP in M+ from a meta class like you + Alot bigger xp in raiding. Do you see yourself making a point here? LOL

Then put in some damn work and upgrade your score a bit. Yes, it takes some effort.

And the playerbase doesn’t have to “remember” anything. It seems peoples groups fill up well and good without you, make yourself memorable because at the moment you clearly aren’t.

I have sympathy with your plight but you can only fix it through some hard work and skill, not whining.

Very little to do with your class. Your score is too low for +15, rise it with your own keystone first. Once you have at least single +15 timed run people wil start invite you.

Right. So nerfing the good classes and making all classes pretty much useless in m+ is your best suggestion?

I play m+ (and raids) mostly for fun and a way to de-stress from work. In so. I don’t give a rat a** if I am the best player on the realm or the worst. As long as I like what I am doing. I don’t give a c**p what some random internet Joe thinks of me.

2nd. Is your ego so fragile and self-value so low that you need to use the raider io number to “justify your worth” ?

1 Like

Since we’re talking about M+ its appropriate don’t you think? Or should he harp on about his best half marathon time?

Sure it is. But a discussion where multiple experienced people can share their views. Be it r io 500 or 3500, both opinions should be at least respected…even if 1 side disagrees with it.

Going full:
“I am better than you! Your score is too low. So ST** peasant and listen to your betters!”
…thats not a discussion format I would support… and leave it at that.

1 Like

Well that is the way the game has always been and always will be. Especially since it persists with having both PvE and PvP in the game so it is nearly impossible to balance.

Success in WOW has a negative correlation with half marathon times.

1 Like

Nerfing classes on what though?

It’s utility that shapes the M+ meta mostly, nost just numbers, especially when it comes to DPS and healers.

How do you nerf the value of shroud? Or rather, let me give you just a simple comparison between my Druid and my Priest.

My external as a priest is Pain Supression. It’s 40% dmg reduction for 8 seconds. With a cooldown of 3 minutes.

My external as a druid is Ironbark. It’s 20% dmg reduction for 12 seconds. With a cooldown of 1 minute.

The cooldown difference alone turns Pain Supression to a “oh FK” only button, whereas Ironbark is able to become part of the cooldowns rotations of the tank because it will be up for almost every single pack of a run.

This means that my druid can increase the dmg reduction uptime of a tank drammatically and practically rarely ever have to deal with an “oh FK” situation, because those usually happen between tank cooldowns where they are most vulnerable.

On top of that, my priest has only 1 self cooldown, Desperate Prayer. It restores 25% of my HP with a 1,5 min cooldown.

Well, guess what, my druid has it too, only it’s also a 30% with the same cooldown. But that’s not all! Druid also has a seperate Bark skill just for himself, with yet another 1 minute cooldown! Meanwhile my priest would have to sacrifice suppression on herself.

How do you nerf such big usefulness differences? That’s before even getting into the actual output numbers(with my druid have an OH MOH GOD EVERYBODY IS DYING peak HPS of double that of my priest), before taking in account combat res and before taking in account all the other utility I have with my druid, like an actual stun, ursol’s vortex, etc.

And I wish the DPS comparison was worth it, but the druid can do 8-11K whereas the priest does 11-13K. It’s not worth it by a long shot.

1 Like

Right now my io is super low and poor. & month break, slow gear prog etc etc. Just thought I ought to prefix myself before the next bit.

By what you just said you pretty much deem all classes other than meta to be useless, which I think is the point of this thread to begin with. But I can understand his reasoning. If you nerf the 3 you are bringing all classes into line while keeping the content challenging and not invalidating other content.
If you buff the other 9 classes you then either are making M+ too simple, invalidating raids and other stuff, or you then need to also adjust boss health, damage etc etc etc.

From a workload point of view what makes more sense to you ? Keep the rogue special so not to hurt their feelings or do what they have done in the past and bring them in line and tell them to suck it up.
Isnt it more fun to overcome a serious challenge, than to waltz through it on a meta class ?

1 Like

NPC’s have increased stealth detection, random hunter flares etc.
Your not completely invalidating it, but your putting more skill/ risk into relying on it as it being your be all and end all.

Random failures of utility are a terrible solution and it amounts to the same effect of practically removing it in high keys because it’s all about consistency.

No one would want their Freehold keys to have a 30% chance to downgrade within the first minute.

When 3 outperform 9 yes, its the most legit thing to do as i told you before,buffing all classes by that much will yeld a pretty funky ez raiding content + people whine and quit game. JUST THINK

Thats why you dont even bother to read what i said and you enjoy playing an overbuffed class that brings the best utility + damage while that destroy the game for all the other 9 classes, Get real and use your brain

Im not a game developer but the fair point would be: You want the amazing ccs+shroud that rogue offers? Bring them in a cost, having a rog being the top dps by around 10+% more and bringing all this up its not a fair point for the other dps AND I DONT DPS, i heal.

Already mentioned shroud above,read it. Now as priest vs rdudu the problem is not how OP rdruud is, its just the meta classes that dont bring a CR and druud that is really strong does.

Druid is better because it can HoT people that use their brain and NOT taking avoidable damage and can go fully DoT bleed dps and help the group while carrying a CR.

The metawannabe MDI alike groups problem is not the healer choise but the dps choise. If dps carry a CR any healer does the job equally well. Healer classes are ok, the dps are the problem.

But hey, lets have rogues bringing all the utility and at least 10% more damage because the melee kings since vanilla have fragile feelings

I remember at one point I was so bored I decided to tag dungeons.

Know what i did?

I ran my own keys.
How did it end?

4 times tol dagor in a row and had some leavers for ridiculous stuff ( i still recall a panda mage talking too much, someone told him to shut up, he left :wink: . Ended up running the same place I hate more than enough and decided the whole experience wasn’t worth it.

Do yourself a favor, go play something fun.

1 Like

I play both. Trust me the lack of a CR is the least of my problems as a priest and it’s a convenient myth.

Well it also depends what exactly you want to nerf? As said in previous posts already. Utilities play a more important factor than raw dps output.
For example. Giving mages also mass invisibility or mass group teleport to 40 yards ahead or something. Giving stealthy druids also sap type of ability and etc. Will that have any detrimental effect on raids? Hardly…if any at all.
Some classes are just pure dps cannons and thats it. Giving them some unique utilities which allows to skip or to speed up the run will be already the buff they need. And no need to re-adjust the raids or m+ health and damage pools and etc.

Its not what your personal problem is that i talk about right here, its what the groups want.

All healers are pretty damn good this expc, druid is more of a pick because of its CR, because meta classes dont carry one.

Now you get me?

In the keys you play yes, the higher the keys the most demanding the dps output is. So no, you need that uga booga damooge + the ulilities

Aiight. Then especialy on fortified weeks. Unholy DKs can dish out like a hellload of aoe dps. More than outlaw.
Yet for some reason they are not too represented in m+s?