M+ Tormented Hero Title Score Updated Daily

In this post, we’ll update the score required to earn the Tormented Hero title for Shadowlands Season 2. As a reminder, the title will go to all players who end Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 2 with a Mythic+ Rating in the top 0.1% for your faction in each region.

Updated 29 March

In this region, if Season 2 ended today, the title would go to those who scored at least:

• 2788 (Alliance)
  • 2875 (Horde)

Good luck!

9 Likes

The reason to go above +15 is the challenge and the fun. On +20 you can gain direct portals to the dungeons too.

3 Likes

I think you’re assuming everyone has the same attitude as you. Plenty of people see the challenge in running higher than +15 and care about portals (I only have 1 and want a few more before the season end).

In this case the content drought is irrelevant - there are players who will be running 15+ from the start of the season and be KSM in two weeks. 8 months just means the they push further and that the M+ system has always been like that since it’s introduction in Legion (when there wasn’t any content droughts)

2 Likes

Don’t waste your breath on this low level troll, person clearly has no idea what they’re talking about.

2 Likes

is this score already after evaluation of wrongly (after JAN18th) transferred characters?

There is a big middleground between “some” and “everyone”. It are at least thousands upon thousands players. I am myself way beyond the +15s with pushing 21-22, and my char is ranked ~55 thousand. No it is not “everyone”, but no it is also not just “some”.

And of course the length of a season is irrelevant for a top % title. The existence of the title is letting nobody suffer. Nobody asked for 8-9 month-seasons.

What content does those players want to do? Since M+ has always their own level. There are different difficulties for the raid too. And PvP has ratings. Then we got open world content next to it for professions, pets, achievements, rares, mounts, etc.

But leveling is something of a couple of days. A normal season of 6 months is not getting kept alive with a different leveling route. Allthough currently you can choose as 2nd char and further for freedom with threads of fate and choose and explore a whole zone.
Also don’t forget there are in every zone next to the campaign-route a lot of sidestories/quests to explore.

I just don’t know which content is taken away. That is why i ask.

Dude, they added a title for the top 0.1% why are you acting like adding a single title took resources away from other areas of the game??

i would more ignore all the good things happening, and more try to get a discussion about the things you do not like, or where the game is failing. The title is not something that is failing.

I myself had the impression Korthia had tons of secrets to find and explore. Everytime there was something new to find out. Korthia got showered under the stupid rep-grind, but it looked amazing for the open world player. And costed also way more resources than a title for the top 0.1%.

Edit:
It is for me the same thing with torghast. It would have been fun side content when it was not the mandatory grind for legendaries. I have done so much of that crap that i do not want to get ever again in there. I had a free day saturday, thought about continuing the NF-campaign. Logged in my resto druid and saw i was 2/9 campaign with next save tyrande in torghast. I instant logged off. Good content is getting destroyed by making it a mandatory grind.

That is the thing, blizzard has done way less for M+ than in previous expansions. The last thing blizzard is doing is focussing on it. You can also see it with the tiersets that are coming up and the class changes with them. Blizzard cares about raiding. M+ is something nasty in their stomach. We also got only 8 dungeons. The least of all the previous expansions.

They are really not :grin: I guess that is subjective. But i would 100% prefer to play more waycrest manors, temple of seths, kings rests, nelths lairs, eye of azharas, maw of souls, halls of valors.

Necrotic wake is about the anima exhaust and using weapons at the right time. When you wipe on the 3rd or 4th boss you are not able to finish the dungeon at all.

DoS had with Hakkar a full dps check or you could not kill the boss at all.

Spires same with 2nd boss (is fixed now). But is a pain in the… with just 1 ranged since that player gets all the dots and is in the end just going to die. Nothing you can do.

SD is about the gauntlet and totally affix depended.

Halls is not doable without a curse dispell.

Mists is terrible with needing to burn the 1st boss in 1 phase. Good luck with a team without single target burn.

Just some 2 minutes thoughts. There are more problems. Not to start about the fun taken away with the implemented aoe-cap.

There is a lot of fun in gathering tons of mobs and assigning and coordinating stuns and interrupts. Pulling 1 pack at a time is plain boring.

See that’s where our opinions differ.

I would much rather do a dungeon Pack by Pack with each pack bringing a different challenge at each difficulty level. Than how quickly can you nuke everything down and can your healer keep your tank alive long enough.

Can be interesting too. But pulling a pack of groundskeepers in halls and then just sit there doing nothing since you hit the max aoe-cap… boring. In your vision they have to make packs way more difficult if you want it to work.

Yep… and make that the challenge. Remove the timer and make difficulty the challenge, not speed. Would be a much better.

Well, in that version you remove classes that have no cc/utility. I was pretty happy with M+ in BFA. It is currently fun because i play with friends, but it is definitely a step backwards.

Yeh but even today, there’s not a huge difference between classes anymore.

They all have their 2min CD’s, CC’s and various utilities… Yes they are all different… but how different exactly?

Anywho, they are putting that much into designing those dungeons, they would then design the classes around that.