[Mac] Fps being lower by 20-30 after 9.0.5 (no addons used)

RTX 3080 here My fps went down from 108 to 85

Blues please check this out, cant do M+, fps are really low.
All Addons disabled makes no difference.

Also having issues, about 20 FPS lower and stutter in some areas. Before patch no problems! problem persists even with no addons.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports!

So far it seems the majority of reports are for Mac and this is currently under investigation.

You can also find more info and updates in the US thread here.

To add your own details to this thread, the info were looking for is:

Please reply with the following if you are a Mac user with an M1 chip.

• OS Version
  • Graphics
  • Processor
  • Memory

This information can be found by clicking the Apple menu and selecting About This Mac. Info on this from Apple is here .

Thanks again for reaching out about this and we hope to have more info soon!

1 Like

For anyone having similar issues on PC, please make sure you start with the regular troubleshooting steps as per:

If the problem still persists, don’t hesitate to start a new thread with the specifics and relevant system files.

Tyrskorn, first thank you so much for coming back to us. Yes I guessed it was Mac users. Please note that here is the below for my setup

Not M1 chip user but the following:

OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Graphics: Radeon Pro 570 4 GB
Processor: 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Inter Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

iMac (Retina, 27-inch, 2017)

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Important FPS drop since patch today [PC]

Last evening in raid I was having really low FPS while nothing changed on my end besides some addon updates. Instead of 55~60 fps I was constantly at 40~50.

I’ve checked my graphic settings and nothing changed. Seems to have gone better after disabling a few weak auras, but I’ve been using them for over a month and never caused issues before.

OS Version: 11.2.3
Graphics: Apple M1
Processor: Apple M1
Memory: 8GB

• OS Version: 11.2.2
  • Graphics: M1
  • Processor: M1
  • Memory: 16GB

sorry but this is pc thread and always was. put mac problems somewhere else. tnx.

also who put (mac) in title. i never put that in title…i am pc user not mac

The Blue put the title, and if you read above, there is another link for PC. Now this has been changed to a Mac thread. We have taken over.

Big Sur 11.2.3
M1 Mac
8 Core CPU, 8 Core GPU
8 GB Memory

FPS drops like crazy in all zones for me! Before 9.0.5 patch it was rocking a steady 60 FPS at all times.

Big Sur 11.2.3
M1 Mac mini
8 Core CPU, 8 Core GPU
16 GB Memory

Lost between 20/30 fps since 9.0.5 patch (got 60 fps before).

Apologies for stealing your thread Dellerium! From your original post your platform wasn’t clear and most of the replies were for the Mac issue so other threads were already consolidated here. I’ve changed the title back to clear things up. For PC, please use this thread instead:

Same Problem Here … PC user Win10 x64 … GPU 1650s oc … i really feel like i got less fps … 20-40 FPS less maybe … i checked everything drivers are up to date bla bla bla … pfffffff

1 Like

Same here PC user .

1 Like

Hey guys, can we please keep this thread for the MAC issue!

If you’re on a Windows PC and are having issues, head on over to this thread:

M1 Mac Mini.
Big Sur 11.2.3.
M1 Processor 8 core, gpu 8 core.
8gb Memory.

I have gone from preset 5 running at mostly 60fps to it struggling to stay at 30 open world on the new Shadowlands areas.
Oribos sits around 18-24 fps.

However when I go to Orgrimmar it goes back to 60 but as I approach the portal to return to Oribos the fps start to dip.