[Mac] Fps being lower by 20-30 after 9.0.5 (no addons used)

My fps is still lowered since 9.05 with stuttering, it’s not smooth anymore especially in some zones. It ran perfectly for 2 years before this patch. My fps went from 70-80 to 50 but based on the stuttering issue it feels like 20. GeForce GTX 1650

Bumpity bumpy bump

1 Like

same here…

It’s been a month I have the Low Power issue, making 9.0.5 totally unplayable on my M1 Mac. No respond from Blizzard, stupid GM non-working troubleshooting including V-sync that won’t change a thing, etc…

never happened before and since this option is showing up, the performance is terrible. It’s the only indication of why we have such poor FPS. Since the “low power” showed up in our game option, wow is unplayable.

That’s quite odd. Blizzard did change some engine things in 9.0.5 which caused problems but “low power” on M1 is kind of odd - curious if it’s actually causing M1 to go into low power mode or just 9.0.5 FPS drops + label change make it look like so.

With macOS there is the problem that there are no good monitoring/benchmarking tools so even if I got one for testing it would be hard to tell what’s going on there.

Can you run some other game of similar requirements and compare like temperatures or power draw between it and WoW?

1 Like

It’s a long time now, maybe just give us an option to disable anima conductor animations? As it is I have only 7/8 dungeons playable and as I mainly play mythic plus that is a real problem.

What’s your FPS when you enter SOA and like De Other Side?

I’m doing some benchmarking and testing and there seems to be quite a difference, especially between those two.

Detailed reddit post. The user seems to have compiled an analysis of the issue, maybe Blizzard can look into it.

3 Likes

I appreciate that Blizz are prioritising working on and putting out new content, alot of people are moaning about it, myself including.

But I absolutely cannot believe that this issue has not been addressed yet. This is in-game and affecting players right now. It’s not a small thing either. Going into SoA actually hurts my eyes. I have just taken a short break from the game, and I have come back this evening to find the Outdoor world suffering from lower FPS than before aswell. Even dropping my graphic setting right down, the problem persists.

Blizz, this really need fixing ASAP… not in a month or two… but NOW!

3 Likes

Bump some update would be nice

2 Likes

Unplayable right now. Please fix

3 Likes

I have the same problems with WoW 9.0.5 native on a Macbook Pro M1, 16 GB RAM model.

The following happens if I just rotate a few degrees in Oribos:

How could you possibly explain this behavior? My settings are described in the Youtube video description.

2 Likes

Thanks Blizzard, very cool!

Any updates here?

I play on MacBook Pro 19’ 2019 with i9 32gb and Radeon 5300 (MacOS 11.3.1) and I have the same performance issues with the latest 9.0.5 patch. Going SOA makes me cry. It’s almost unplayable.

For me graphic settings doesn’t work at all, I can set the worst graphic settings and go with 1600x900 resolution. The most areas will be in strong 60 FPS, but if I enter SOA or Elysian Hold or HOA the first boss my FPS counter drops to 30-40 end even 15 sometimes.

1 Like
  • OS Version: macOS 11.3.1
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
  • Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

How many months do we have to wait for an update that takes 3 minutes to formulate ?

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was posted before. Today I noticed the following…I logged in in Oribos and had stable 60 fps. Ported to Elysian Hold and the FPS remained stable, on graphic setting 5.

I went around for 10 minutes and there was no sight of a performance drop. Then I went to the anima conductor and began channeling. As soon as I did this, my fps went down to 30, no matter in which direction I looked, even when the channeling trail was not in sight.

Blizzard, it must be possible to identify this bug. Could you please give us an update on this matter?

1 Like

Yeah the issue is related to the anima streams, there’s people that confirmed this. I have the same when I walk with 60 FPS looking at the ground and when I turn the camera up towards the anima streams, the FPS drops to 30-40.

I made an alt to play Night Fae, upgraded the Heart of the Forest to max and when I look up since it has more particles, I lose FPS there too.

So it’s definitely related to particles as it has been analyzed by another person, it’s just mind blowing that they don’t do anything about it really.

1 Like

There’s 2 fps loss since patch 9.0.5 : first one is related to the anima streams whenever you activate one fps drops on Mac or PC. Second one is specific to Spire of Ascension, seems the same (big fps drop) but it occurs whenever an anima stream is activated or not.

However someone find a workaround on PC that works for me on my iMac too: set the game to the lowest resolution and apply setting then change the graphic card and apply setting then set resolution to whatever it was and apply.

Need to do this every time the game is loaded but I’d least it work for me. Maybe this might help other players as well while Blizz is trying to fix this weird bug.

1 Like