[Mac] Fps being lower by 20-30 after 9.0.5 (no addons used)

I don’t know if it was posted before. Today I noticed the following…I logged in in Oribos and had stable 60 fps. Ported to Elysian Hold and the FPS remained stable, on graphic setting 5.

I went around for 10 minutes and there was no sight of a performance drop. Then I went to the anima conductor and began channeling. As soon as I did this, my fps went down to 30, no matter in which direction I looked, even when the channeling trail was not in sight.

Blizzard, it must be possible to identify this bug. Could you please give us an update on this matter?

1 Like

Yeah the issue is related to the anima streams, there’s people that confirmed this. I have the same when I walk with 60 FPS looking at the ground and when I turn the camera up towards the anima streams, the FPS drops to 30-40.

I made an alt to play Night Fae, upgraded the Heart of the Forest to max and when I look up since it has more particles, I lose FPS there too.

So it’s definitely related to particles as it has been analyzed by another person, it’s just mind blowing that they don’t do anything about it really.

1 Like

There’s 2 fps loss since patch 9.0.5 : first one is related to the anima streams whenever you activate one fps drops on Mac or PC. Second one is specific to Spire of Ascension, seems the same (big fps drop) but it occurs whenever an anima stream is activated or not.

However someone find a workaround on PC that works for me on my iMac too: set the game to the lowest resolution and apply setting then change the graphic card and apply setting then set resolution to whatever it was and apply.

Need to do this every time the game is loaded but I’d least it work for me. Maybe this might help other players as well while Blizz is trying to fix this weird bug.

1 Like

Partly works for me on a MBP M1 (16GB). I get stable 60 fps with enabled anima conductor, but only when I use the second highest of the premade resolutions.

As soon as I increase to maximum resolution, the fps is halfed to 30.

For me this issue still drags on, hard to believe they haven’t managed to address this yet, account is currently ticking down to cancellation, personally wont renew if its not fixed by the time my gametime is up.

• OS Version: macOS 11.4 (20F71)
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
  • Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I am doing 7 FPS in dungeons. Even without addons. The game is unplayable.

Same issue. Started out this expansion with fine fps without running “open in low res”, now it stutters in whatever content i do with “open in low res” on.

OS version: MacOS 11.4
Graphics: Radeon pro 560x 4gb
Processor: 2,6 Ghz 6-core Intel i7
Memory: 16gb 2400 mHz DDR4

Even in BFA zones my FPS is lower than it used to be. It used to be around 90, now it’s 60.

They must have an idea what they’ve changed that might be causing it? Would be nice to know that they’re at least aware, and hopefully working on it.