Mac issues - CRASHING, LAGGING AND STUTTERING AFTER 8.3

I have the same problem as everybody else.
At this point i dont Think it matters what system or what specs the Mac have, it seems like It’s hitting everybody using a Mac.
The problem I have with all of this is the lack of information. Blizzard give us something! You posted here 6 hours ago and on the us forum 22 hours ago. Come on guys!!

I find this to be similar to the diablo immortal devastation. You are no longer caring about the players!
Just as you know… we are the ones paying you to have this game running!

1 Like

Its exactly the same for me :frowning: I was so hyped for new patch, now I lost all the cloak upgrades etc… feelsbadman, Blizz please respond

I seem to remember this happening after a major update in Legion, it is why I ended up leaving the game for a year, because after weeks of waiting there was no resolution. I really don’t want that to happen again after investing so much time in WoW again!

2 Likes

Still freezing. GG Blizzard.

I found something that could work! I’m now just… Installing windows on my Mac lol.

Hey blizzard. Of course, we are a small part of the wow community. But you are offering to play WoW on mac. I paid, for BFA, i paid to subs. We are your client. So it’s time to answer, and find a solution quick.
Friendly.

1 Like

Hello, just to add myself to the case list. MacBook Pro Catalina. Random FPS drop, rainbow wheel, sometime recovers and again FPS drop or sometimes entire system crash and restart.
Hope for a fix soon. Thanks for your efforts.

1 Like

Adding myself to the list aswell ~ Mac book pro early 2015. I’ve experienced same issues as everyone else - freezing up then eventually crashing complete loss of control of OS.

Definitely has to be patch update ~ I played as it was installing and my Mac was completely fine then after installation it all went downhill from there - can’t do literally anything without a freeze etc. I haven’t even checked out the new stuff And I was so excited, spent the last month catching up for this patch and can’t even check it out for fear of more crashes. :frowning:

1 Like

Remember to check your FPS and resolution scaling. Those seem to have been resetted after the patch.

Same issue here, Mojave, macbook pro 2016 (most buffed one). Game was nice before patch.
Please fix!!

1 Like

FYI doesn’t matter on device stats, I have windows in boot camp on my Mac, was crashing constantly on halls of origination, reloaded on windows and have had no issues whatsoever.

1 Like

IF YOU have FPS DROP, JUST TURN ON VERTICAL SYNCHRONIZATION

but, after you do that, take max fps to 60, (mac dont have more refresh rate)

Same here, when entering combat, ( 5 man, bgs, world, visions scenario) my mac freezes and crashes…
its very very sad tbh , since there were issues with mac users back in legion as well ,esp on big patches and still they don’t seem to fix such issues.
Unfortunately with this patch , when everyday is important so that you have to upgrade your lego cloak so that you won’t be left behind on raiding ,m + etc ,time has been lost.
My mac was fine pre 8.3 and suddenly is not … this is clearly a You problem ,you should have already fix this
I won’t bother trying to figured out what happened its not my job, its a game i play to let steam off…

1 Like

They reset die servers, maybe we can check if it is fixed and keep everybody updated?

Mac user here… I am getting Home MS up to 2k & World MS up to 20K. Not many crashes in-game but the game is pretty much impossible to play. This happened after Wednesday’s maintenance. I do not have any lag on any other games or web streaming.

1 Like

Hello i am mac user… 2019 touchbar /Catalina… This is very big problem i think for us… because what i see, everybody who has mac os had a problem with freezing etc… Blizzard please fix this problem, because i bought shadowlands, and u write on your website that i can play this game on mac os, whats wrong omg?
When i was in ulduar i had 5 x times freez, after 6x time freez my mac shut down… what the…

1 Like

From what I have been able to see from my Mac logs (before restarts) is that this is due to the GPU hanging and being restarted.

I wasn’t able to view the log entirely before the restart, but that was what I managed to see briefly.

Same issues here, continues freezes (with or without addons) or computer crashes completely causing a reboot.
What strikes me that after every major update this is the same freaking case. get your heads together and actually TEST on a mac Blizzard.

3 Likes

I’ll add myself to the list aswell, random fps drops, rainbow wheel, game freezes. Didn’t have any problem what so all in 8.2.5. Running on a MBP 2019/ catalina 10.15.2.

Thanks to this problem i’ve screwed up 3 horrific visions now. All the hard earned coalescing visions gone within a game freeze. Really tilt. Super fun…

1 Like

Okay off we go again.

Tried to do todays emissary. Started with the “labyrinth with mini shellie”, two 15 sec freeze occurred, avoid crash. Manage to complete the “fill AP bar from mobs” + kill 2 named mobs. Went back to Boralus, 10 seconds in there, a huge freeze and crashed.

I had hopes when I saw the update but yet the issue is not solved.