Made a mage for farming - lost

Hi. I got a mage to 60 solely to get some good old G but after a quick research it seems it ain’t easy. Not that it’s unrealistically hard but I just don’t see much decent options. (For reference, I currently make 90gph on my rogue alt)

How would you rate gph for the ones below? I have herb and mine:

• DME lashers
  • DME sum boss+last boss for RTVs
  • ZG boosting (I imagine harder+needs more gear)

Ty

Fishing - it’s a piece of pee… 120 g per hour pressing cast and pressing catch. No danger, no learning.

Bit boring though

Gotta look at other boosts too, SM for example, mages do that for 8g per reset (cath +armory) so a full group and 5 resets in around 1 hour is 160g usually BOEs are reserved to sell by the mage too.

They all require practice though, I could do the ZG pulls sometimes, you just require a high health and mana pool (eagle gear)

1 Like

Consistent boosting is the only way to make more gold then the other classes. I say consistent because you need to find 4players who are willing to stay long enough to make up for the time it took you to find the group in the first place were you didn’t make any gold.

Everyone seems to think that mages can conjour gold, but takes hours of serching for players and practice the boost run before you can even make any gold.

Edit: I don’t boost myself.

2 Likes

I made a 60 mage for gold making too.
Spent a week trying to learn ZG (6 hours a day).
Spent another week trying to learn SM (6 hours a day).

Couldn’t for the life of me do the pulls consistently… so that Mage is now a bank alt.

Rolled a Pali instead to have a healer. Turns out it’s a great gold maker doing DM:E lasher and RTV runs.

Came to realise that I prefer solo/duo farms rather than boosting people, so Pali and a Rogue work great for that. Pali for DM:E and Rogue for Bloodvine in ZG.

2 Likes

Or you could do a quick research before leveling to 60 xD

Well, I wouldnt level a char only for that, seems like quite a big investment.

If it took you 100 hours to level the Mage (which is “rather” fast), you would have been able to get 9000 g on your Rogue during the same time… So you are minus 9000 g in time when starting.

You pull the entire Maraudon and find people to boost if you can, but it’s not required.

You need practice for that but it is well worth it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.