Mage Tower Availability Extended and Tuning Adjustments

I love that Alpaca :smiley:

Oh, forgot to comment on this:

Revert it to the Legion state. The mages are doing too much damage, BASE, WITHOUT ANY STACKS. They didn’t rip the allies hp away at 0 stacks in Legion. The base damage on the mages has been the problem with them all along and you’ve done nothing about it, you nerfed the buff when it’s the base damage that’s the problem.

3 Likes

MT should be same difficulty as everyone else had in 7.3.5. Requiring pixel perfect gameplay shouldn’t be a requirement for an old recolor armor. The challenge isn’t fun either. The tank challenge is just a massive multi-task DPS race, legit 0 tanking required. I can progress mythic raiding tanking high on painkillers with a massive headache, and I can’t do mage tower sober.

10 Likes

i agree with you about your points on pixel perfect for a old recolour set
and challenge not being fun

I have 217 wipes on MT with my druid now and pretty much had my strategy dialed in. These changes to the horrors have thrown me right off. It’s actually made it more complicated…

3 Likes

This argument could very well be reversed. Since it’s only a recolor and therefore useless, it doesn’t matter if it’s hard it wont affect your stats or whatever.

Blizzard are famously bad at doing “hard soloable content for non-power rewards” and getting it right for all the specs.

Case in point:

This was torghast twisting corridors, done the week it became active. Completely trivialized as a priest. I could have been naked and done the same thing.

Oh don’t get me wrong I don’t like a lot of stuff in mage tower and twisting corridors as well.
But the argument “it doesn’t reward anything good so it should be easy” is fallacious in my opinion.

Still no brewmaster nerf…
Anyway i can’t and i will not do this challenge anymore, on my realm AH farmer have raise the price of all consumable by a lot, 4k for drums 4k for potion fire dmg, rune flask food combined another 1k…
This challenge should be dono with none of this thing!
no consumable
no gear dependent, as many ask make a template when enter
no other outside trick allowed.
Make it real skill test, not “better nerd farmer” wins

Which drum type? Remember that you can use older ones.

I bought old drum types that didnt work past lvl 50 for 499g on my server (while current drums were 1k or something).

There is no such thing as a “reverse”, if you see top players taking 2 hours and 40/60 attemps to a challenge that is supposed to be for everyone you know it’s overtuned and should be adjusted.

3 Likes

No? I just checked the AH on your realm:

You completely missed the point gg

…yesterday was different, but now i’m almost broke so i stop there with MT

On my realm EVERY consumable and drumms below SL, has skyrocketed in price, and the level 45-50 gear even more so. som gearpieces goes for like 120k

Guess I must’ve been lucky this morning then. Lucky me.

That doesn’t surprise me.

100% agree and it’s what I’ve been saying myself. The tuning is all wack and to take away everything our characters are built around now for our borrowed power doesn’t work.
For example, DHs don’t get nearly as much leech in their Meta/Demonic windows to cope with it like they used to.

But then again, it’s all broken. I used the jump then Heroic Leap out of the Razor Ice for Xylem and got disconnected every time as I landed. Considering that it’s the only way to get out of it before he one shots me, that’s kinda busted, eh?

2 Likes

Already? Now I will know forever that I’m not as good as the players who have already completed it.

Don’t worry. Nothing they did comes truly down to skill. They were only able to beat the challenges because they have the bigger wallet to pay for old consumables / sockets / drums and 24/7 time to farm old gear; or simply still had those items because they were lucky enough to play back then and like to keep old stuff you usually never need.

2 Likes

Because exploiting makes someone good, lol.

3 Likes