Mage Tower Availability Extended and Tuning Adjustments

BM challenger completed / MM 16% best try still it looks pretty hard tho and i can call myself a decent good player ! I think it should be nerfed by all means :slight_smile: and The reason i want this to be nerfed is because i dont want to do 100+ tries on every challenge to get it , and imagine 99 % of the ppl dont wanna spend days and hours there wiping untill u can manage to complete it somehow ! Iam not saying that everybody can do it but atleast 60% of the ppl should be able to do it some harder some easier and now its prolly 90+% of the ppl only manage to do atleast 1 challenge

3 Likes

Trying some more on the bear tower.

Revert the change already to the nether horrors. It’s stupid hard now. You actually buffed it by stupid levels by this change. The reduction of kruul’s hp is nowhere enough to offset just how much more difficult it became after you changed their behaviour.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest, you knew you weren’t, I knew i wasn’t but we wanted to kid ourselves!

On the original OP. I dont even have words. Well no good ones anyway.

Blizz can’t win with this one. People won’t be happy unless they make it so easy that you can just afk during the challenge and still get the rewards.

They literally BUFFED THE MAGE TOWER FOR GUARDIAN. I would have killed it today if they didn’t change it.

2 Likes

You can still kill it today, I believe in you!

I wonder, what makes it so difficult about this change ?

I have tried (and failed) some times as BDK, gathering the horrors isn’t really an issue (sometimes they even come to me directly, probably because any random self heal get you aggro, maybe ?).

However prior to this change handling the AOE was a mess, I had to D&D at the exact moment the cast went off so and run in the opposite direction of my D&D otherwise they eventually catch up to me & deleted me. at least for BDK I find it a “huge” buff

But anyways I am probably not good enought to finish it, I can only remove 5-10% each time I go into melee with him … this makes the fight takes forever until I eventually fall off the platform by some random crap I miss.

Because prior to this change, you could move the nether horrors as you wanted to. Now, if they’re by velen when they start casting velen is DEAD. You can’t save him. He’s DEAD.

Prior to this change, if they started casting it and was standing by velen, you could still move them. Can’t do that now.

This isn’t a problem in phase 1 because you can just cast a regrowth on yourself but that’s suicide when kruul is active and you can’t save frenzied regen for when they spawn, you need to use it to keep yourself alive. I would have killed him already if they didn’t change this, even without the nerf to his hp.

2 Likes

I believe the developers we have today don’t play WoW at all. Probably busy playing FF.

4 Likes

the prio is on custom store mount content, who cares about ingame isses like balance,class balance, content, fun, social aspect. when you can harvest a half a expansions worth of cash in a single mount xD

4 Likes

Maybe they implement a buff that you can buy from store soon? Buy the nerf for 50 euro/char? And when we complain about it, they give us a bulk offer!

Not all of them, no. I watched a video last night by someone who completed the havoc DH version in only SL gear. They did have drums, but so could I because I can make them. Saying ‘nothing they did comes truly down to skill’ is just something people say to make themselves feel better.

I don’t watch guide videos by people who use exploits.

I’m not, but I have the capacity to learn and improve, just like everyone else on this forum.

I tryed to improve (with my Shadowpriest) for two full days straight. And I did, only to then find out that everything I did was for naught because I’d die to 500% dmg increased Shadowbols if I ever managed to get to the last phase. I’ve wasted a lot of time wiping without getting anything out of it, I’m tired, I’ve neck pain and I’ve a constant headache that won’t go away.

Not going back to MT again before they don’t disable all sockets / enchants and balance this clown show around korthia / SL geared characters. I don’t have drums, but it’s unfair that you need something your class hasn’t built in to have a chance at the challenges, especially if consumables cost hundreds or even thousands of gold you’ll waste with each try. Flasks are at least somewhat tolerably, since they persist after death, but hey, guess what, not even those are properly scaled because a SL flaks gives you +16 int while some crappy old flask that now costs 2k gold would give you +32. Joke.

I’m doing 500-600 dps in my SL gear with SL flasks and pots and barely manage to kill a hand before the 2nd cast goes of. Definitely don’t have the time to put DoTs on anything else, because I need every gcd to kill the hands, but this way I’ll never kill Raest, so yeah, good riddance MT. More content that was advertised as something for everyone but only the top few % of the playerbase will ever profit from. The rest of us can just get frustrated and give up.

2 Likes

now that they made community council im sure the totally randomly picked players who are fed up with this will make a point about this…right guys? …

:clown_face:

2 Likes

If i will not see any big TOPIC about CLASSES and how to transform this game to it’s former GLORY :smiley:
because last time i checked i only saw classic TOPIC and transmog topic? and MOUNT topic?
like who cares if we will have some achievment
i want to see fundamental improvements to this game
so i hope these 100 people have BRAIN and they know what this game needs
Man oh man community council is in trouble if next expansion will not deliver xD
and the best thing is that their names are not anonymous.

When can we expect some damage nerfs for the Guardian challenge? I mean a damage nerf to the bosses and adds, not to our own, already non-existant damage…

If I don’t want 4 infernals flaming me, I have to do some damage in Moonkin Form. Problem is, I get melted outside of Bear Form. Come phase 2, I evapore even in Bear Form.

I for sure am an Average Joe. Maybe even Below Average Joe. You might just call me bad. But trying to survive through 2-3 (out of 4, obviously one of them is a gentleman and in the pocess of respawning) infernals, the 4 Nether Horrors (that now stop to cast and come running at me, channeling the thing that blows me up immediately) and Kruul is just… not happening.

I’m really sad this isn’t the fun experience I was expecting (imagine expecting anything fun from Blizzard nowadays). I get it, some people love challenges that require 100+ pulls. But the vast majority of the playerbase doesn’t. I didn’t expect to faceroll it. Even though it was possible to do that with the original MT. Just had to wait until the end of the expansion… But pull after pull, failing due to the same thing, which is the fact that I deal 0 damage, but take a million… Nah, I’ve had enough.

Gear optimizing is just disgusting… Am I supposed to farm out a BiS Ultra-Super Timewalking set? Even have a list of BiS enchants, gems and consumables? For a “fun” challenge that was supposedly made for everyone, including those that normally don’t care about Timewalking? Where’s the fun in this? What are Blizzard’s thoughts on this?

One more thing. I thought level 45-50 characters were supposed to complete these challenges? Otherwise, why bother allowing them into the tower? But honestly, as someone who’s getting screwed on a level 60 character, I can’t even imagine what it’s like trying the challenges on lower levels.

In conclusion, this iteration of the Mage Tower is a flop. I would LOVE to hear how much of the playersbase was actually able to complete some of these challenges. And what the expected number was for you guys at Blizzard. Did you desing the challenges to be impossible for casuals (90-something percent of your players) or did something just go wrong and we ended up here?

4 Likes

Spend more time in moonkin in phase 1, I’ll get 2-3 infernals when I do it.

You’ve spent 48 hours /played in the mage tower? Really? No, I didn’t think so.

Did you outrange Raest most of the time, and only go into range to soak the circles and refresh your DoTs? That seems to be the most effective strategy I’ve seen.

Any class can use drums, so you don’t need them ‘built in’.

Yeah, I must admit all the time I ‘wasted’ on crafting professions is proving to be well spent now.

Dispersion the second cast?

It wasn’t. Mage tower has always been solo ‘challenge mode’ content. Challenge mode is meant to be hard.

Of course not, I at least needed to try to sleep in between, doesn’t mean I haven’t wasted two full days not doing anything else but trying MT.

That’s a cheese. Don’t think it’s supposed to work that way, but never got to that phase, since I usually die because one of the shadowfiend waves spawns at exact the location where I need to soak the rune and my scream’s already on cd.

Of course, but that means I have to waste 500-1500g with eahc try, since those stupid drums are gone after one use. I don’t have a bot providing me with endless gold.

Do nothing, because you still need the mats, which have to be either bought or farmed, demaning additional time beside the actual time consuming stay in the tower.

Only works for one hand, after that it’s on cool down and the next hand spawns as soon as the first one dies.

Yes, hard for ALL players, which also means it’s easy for the top few %, doable for most of the players and only impossible for the guys that pull 1k dps in Sylvanas LFR or are already dead after p1.
Proving grounds during MoP were also “hard” but not as impossible as MT now is. I did that one with all roles in gold and even the one where you had to do the challenge with the wrong spec.

Is it? The ability to outrange certain damage abilities is sometimes built into mechanics.

As if farming mats from mobs that die as soon as you look at them is difficult and time consuming…

Presumably, you interrupted the first.