Mage Tower Availability Extended and Tuning Adjustments

Bruh, what. I bought like 100 earlier for 79 gold each.

Nice Job for once

Yeah, if I didnā€™t Iā€™d already be dead. xD

So you had dispersion available for the second and your interrupt back up for the third.

doesnā€™t solve the problem, there are endless hands, dispersion isnā€™t back for the fourth one.

PS: plus, this isnā€™t the real problem, as I initally said, Iā€™m doing nothing but barely killing hands while running in circles. Karam and Raest arenā€™t dying like that ever.

2 Likes

They cost 300-500g on my server each.

ā€œā€¦granting players who previously missed the original incarnation of the Mage Tower challenge a way to obtain the Bear Form appearanceā€.

Keep on dreamingā€¦

Just make it permanent. Or at least come up with every timewalking. Clearly this is meant as something that needs some preparation and time (fine by me, apart from the silly and incomprehensible gearing). But then make sure we can do it when we have time to do it.

It could be a very nice thing to sink some time in between patches.

3 Likes

For druid tanks I canĀ“t remember seeing the nether ghosts in phase two? ā€¦ I know the infernals where still there, but not the ghostsā€¦

Despite of that it if funny that you have to be in moonkin form for phase 1ā€¦ Sure you can do it in bear form, but then you have 4 infernals in phase 2 which is ridiculousā€¦

I do think it should be a challenge but it shouldnĀ“t be destroying you as it does nowā€¦

At the end it is not balanced at all like the M+ Legion dungeonā€¦ I guess PTR is only to see what comes with the next update or expansionā€¦ nothing moreā€¦

IĀ“m a bit dissapointed, but this is my oppinion.

Cheers

1 Like

Iā€™m at 260 pulls now. Iā€™m in P2 but I just cant handle the horrors and keep the NPC alive. Horrors screw me over almost all of the time.

4 Likes

I remember ghosts being there, but they have not been much of a problem. You could use incapacitating roar to stun them, and if that was on cd, then strategically use one of Velenā€™s orbs. Though you needed that more to buy you more time on Kruul.
Anyway, I donā€™t even think about the tank challenge yet. Especially not since they have changed so many encounters compared to Legion that all my previous experience is nullified. The only 2 things that have worked out at least somehow well was Frost and Fire Mage which I have beaten already. Everything else is a mess.

Why have you not reverted the change to the adds?

I spent the days progressing it with the adds actually following me whenever. Now itā€™s just ridiculous much harder.

Because They like you to keep subbing

Please fix the bugs first. I just tried agatha and the timers for the adds are off almost all the time. Resets for cooldowns (fire ele) dont work. It is so annoyingā€¦

YouĀ“re right the ghosts have been in Legion 7.2.5 in the second phaseā€¦ I watched a guide from the pastā€¦

Try to save orbs for p2 then use those to stop them.

I think you fail to realize the problem is that we almost MUST use these consumables to complete certain challenges because the tuning is still terrible even AFTER the nerfs on some. There is no way RNG on your NPCā€™s should determine whether you overcome that stage or not. In the healer challenge our NPCā€™s can actually mess up the challenge for us because they donā€™t even attack the right target that ā€œweā€ are focusing, or the enemy abilities switch around with no indication which one is next. So of course we need extra help when the game isnā€™t even tuned properly nor has bugs been fixed. This is not on players, this is on blizzard. I doubt some of the challenges wouldā€™ve been completed without consumables.

4 Likes

Revert the change to mobs behaviour already. This is getting stupid. I did a load of attempts and then you just CHANGE THE FIGHT.

(Wipes not correct, didnā€™t have DBM installed before the change)

These are the kind of wipes Iā€™m getting because of this changed behaviour, things get hectic as hell and then the mobs are just like ā€œHEY THERE, JUST GONNA HANG AROUND VELEN WHILE CASTING, HOPE YOU DONā€™T MINDā€ and then he dies while before the change they were like ā€œOH HEY VELENā€¦ OH, THAT DRUID HAS TO DIE, GET HIM BOYS!ā€ and ran to me.

I am at the point right now where I am just about to give up.
I donā€™t have the classes who ā€œworksā€ to be able to get the book mount, I do not have the time (or stamina) to level up chars simply for this challenge, farming old gear, or level old proffessions and grind out the mats, or the gold to buy everything on the AH.

Nor do I have the RL money to buy the complete magetower boost, which sits at the spicy price of 228,62 EUR for all 7 challenges. (And donā€™t come say that you didnā€™t see it comming that people would start selling these illegal boosts, when your content which was advertised as doable also for casuals from level 45 and up, is too dificult for the majority of your playerbase)
Not that I intended to buy it, it is more to say that it is a thing that people who do have the cash, are getting boosts like this because the challenges are way too overtuned and you are waaaay too slow with fixing the problems.

The magetower which was legacy content introduced to Timewalking, was hyped up massively, and everybody looked forward to it. As I see it right now, all it has brought, is trouble and arguments.
The few who have got it, downtalking the majority that doesnā€™t. The majority which cannot either get their Bearform or the book mount, are frustrated after 100 tries and getting grumpy, some even quitting the game, or taking break to 9.2.

I was in a Legion timewalking today on an alt, the tank had the bear form, and he got roasted for cheesing. And s/he told that it was not the first time it happened. I have seen people making /rude at someone with the book mount.

Likeā€¦Something which should have been so great and was looked forward to SO MUCH, became a catastrophe, which have driven the players against each other.
This event caused SOā€¦ MANYā€¦ ISSUES and conflicts, I cannot grasp why Blizzard reacts so slowly to it. It has become a true sh*tshow.

As for me, yeah maybe people have a lot of bad to say about this - but I just hope you bring the mount, at least a recolour, to the ingameshop. That is at least cheaper than it costs to deck a char in gear from AH, and worth the time saved for leveling up classes I have never played, to attempt the MT because they are the ones which ā€œworksā€

And yeah I am salty, it was kinda the only thing I looked forward to in 9.1.5 lol :sob:

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind the tries Iā€™ve done. What gets to me is that they, after all those tries I did, just suddenly CHANGE THE FIGHT. So Iā€™ve been practising a different fight than what it is now. And they made it harder.

3 Likes