Mage Tower - Restrictions

Seems various things will not be working from SL and other expansions in the Mage Tower.

Will you be taking part in testing this week?

2 Likes

This seems like a good idea to me, make the Mage Tower expansion neutral so it will work post SL as well without the need to massively rebalance. Sensible long term thinking in my book.

And yes I’ll be giving it a go on Thursday/Friday

5 Likes

No, I still have trauma from the first time it was in the game :fearful:

7 Likes

I’m curious what the difficulty level will be, I’m worried that with all our covenant abilities disabled it’s going to be hell considering back then we had artifact weapons and abilities from those.

The rewards are terrible and now the fun is not allowed, good job, Blizzard.

7 Likes

If they introduce a good balance after these restictions this would be a good challenge.

The transmogs, mount or FoS don’t appeal to you?

No, I am generally not interested in mounts or achievements, only in tmogs and other than the priest one there is nothing else to get sadly. The hunter’s set is especially terrible and the hunter is my main.

1 Like

Nope. Because

so my input would be worthless and they should rather listen to people who intend to go there.

2 Likes

I never succeeded, although I did get to it late and only tried a few times compared to most it just wasn’t something I could get my head around at the time.

I probably would have gotten it eventually but I left it too late, think I returned to the game around March, skipped Suramar and headed straight to Argus and spent my time unlocking the allied races and then tried out the mage tower when it was in it’s last few weeks.

2 Likes

I’m curious how restrictions will affect some challenges - the only one I did during Legion was the Affliction warlock one and the legendary that made corruption slow your target was basically mandatory. Without things like that, I have no idea how these challenges would work.

That said, the rewards look terrible to me so I don’t plan to try the revamped mage tower anyway. Without the awesome artifact weapon skins it’s just not of interest to me.

1 Like

Towards the end you could definitely outgear it, I think they wanted everyone to have a chance at it, should they choose to take part.

I remember doing it on my feral druid much later on and it was child’s play compared to my Ret one early on.

Unless you are a Druid cause we are special for some reasons.

1 Like

What?
These Covenant abilities that Ion says are only 1% or 2% damage and only ultra-minmaxers would care about?

1 Like

Or more specifically, unless you are a druid tank, since ferals don’t get neon kitty back…

Tbf tho, he was talking about differences between Covenant damage wise, he never said Covenant would be 1% of your overall lol.
Which is still false sure, but is not what you said.

Also it’s a good idea to keep current exp power out to avoid having to return them every time an issue come out.

I know they are such hypocrites.
Another person said it’s good like this cause Ghost of the Pridemother is basically the Fireland skin (LOL).

You can use that form in any Druid spec tho, when you shift into bears you will have that one even as a resto, so it is something for all Druids, ofc if you tank you get a higher benefit but still.

I wasn’t geared, I’d quit Legion fairly early on and only came back in that last patch, think I got geared enough to solo a few dungeons though, could just about get through VotW until the last boss.

Artifact would have been low too because I never had the AP grind that others had done.

They are not bringing orginal weapon skins so doesnt really matter participation will be minimal anyway . 99,99 %dont care about mage tower without weapon skins .

Definitely not.

I want the mount, a lot of my friends want to do the challenges again and want to work through every class/spec.

I can’t say what the participation will or will not be.

1 Like