Mage tower sucks nerf it

Life is change.

There is a TED talk that says if you give people a massive advantage in Monopoly (and also life), their personality changes and they attribute their success to their own skill. It’s probably the same with this, people gear up and think their skill level has increased.

3 Likes

I don’t know. Our 2nd tank is still fighting for it. Must be ~700 pulls in now. I just sended a new stack of flasks to the druid… A lot of video’s have been watched. It is consistently below 10%. Just need that lucky final oompf.

Also the player is not on the forum, not complaining here. But i think it is wrong to say someone need to l2p.

3 Likes

It was sclaed differently so that the devs had data on all phases. Not surprising they pushed a tougher version out.

It certainly gives insights into people. Not flattering ones, but insights none the less.

2 Likes

They finally gave the druid community the chance to get the werebear but at the same time they must have hated giving us the chance so much and actually listening to there player base that the trolled the living s**t out of us at the same time.

3 Likes

Gear hardly matters in mage tower btw.

Not what you said in your last thread.

2 Likes

or in WoW terms

Apparently the English Royal family is forbidden to play Monopoly to avoid the rifts it can create

I don’t think it’s wrong at all as long as it’s done respectfully. I’m not going to go after this guy since he hasn’t complained on the forums, although since you bring him up I’d say if you do make no progress for hundreds of pulls then I would suggest that you’re not getting better and you need to rethink your strategy.

Of course he doesn’t need to l2p, as I said earlier. It’s entirely optional content created specifically to judge his skill very harshly. He can be perfectly fine for everything you need him to do and yet be unable to finish the mage tower, and that’s OK.

Do they have the Splintered Heart trinket (cheat death) Sun King drops from CN? If you have a big enough crew you could all set spec to Tank and then if someone gets it, they give it to your Tank. I think you can do Shriekwing>Sun King, so it’s wouldn’t be a huge investment of time. It’s a final throw of the dice though.

Last season I was in a “Bear Only” CN community and Sun King was beatable with only Bears. So it should be easier now.

Plus they’d think it was unfair they don’t get to start with infinite money.

People were/are doing way too many pulls, if they did less pulls it would be easier for them to get it.

So ironic coming from you and your screams for nerfs a couple days ago such a troll.

How are people making it without trying again?

Maybe i can suggest to try LFR. As tank it should not be too difficult to get in :thinking:

I think my only complaint was cost of repairs?

It takes time for experience " to settle " , its much better to do 20 pulls then to chill for few days and try again instead of doing 100+ pulls every day

No, it definately wasn’t.

You said it couldn’t be done without expensive consumables and farming special sets of gear.

Consumables are expensive, true.

I did something like this (from memory)

#showtooltip Skull Bash
/cast [nostance:1] Bear Form
/target [exists,harm] @focus
/cast Skull Bash
/targetlasttarget

Before P1 starts, I set the boss as my focus target, and what the macro does is

• it casts Bear form if you’re not already in bear form.
  • changes your target to your focus target if it exists (aka not dead) and you can harm it, otherwise it doesn’t change target, so it works in P2 as well without setting a focus target.
  • Casts Skull Bash on your current target.
  • Targets your last target.

Also note that any action that incurs a GCD will stop the macro, so you need to press it twice, one for bear form, one for skull bash, and you could in theory add another shift back to moonkin at the end, but I didn’t want to accidentally switch into moonkin in P2.

3 Likes