Mages are straight up *ss in PVP in phase 2

Like the title says, hard casts in a pvp enviroment of huge instant burts and crazy mobility for classes with their new runes simply put mages at the bottom of the pvp chart, theyre free kills atm

Inb4 get good
Also dont get me started on arcane surge, its beyond useless, nothing more than a feel good spell if it crits and then youre just waiting for death oom
You know im right

6 Likes

funniest thing in sod - as warrior, only class I can kill 1v1 is mage
absurd

4 Likes

Same, I can solo mages, every other class can face tank me and delete me off the face of the earth.

1 Like

Didn’t you know, the OP wants to faceroll every class in PvP. Imagine having a class you are weak against, absurd, especially for mages. /sarcasm

2 Likes

he’s right though. Warlocks suffer the same fate. We have to actually stand still and cast abilities. It’s automatic death.

The melee classes have too much burst, no shot you can get off a cast before they kill you if they get close.

Versus most other ranged classes they can cast instant nukes which deletes you before you get 2 casts off.

The PvP is dogwater. All classes that have to stand still and actually hard cast spells is automatically F tier in this meta.

2 Likes

How many snares do mages have?

Mages are straight up gods at everything else, so it’s fine. There are many other classes which excel at nothing and need attention.

Yeah you’re definitely out of touch if you disagree

snares vs melee that can just straight up close the gap asap cause of runes
You gotta be kidding me, snares are useless rn

Frost is useless in pvp despite being hailed the pvp spec and thats the only "snare"y one out there.

You frost nova someone theyre out of it asap, no time to cast anything, spam icelance? gj youve tickled them and made them more angry

Frost vs other ranged specs, gl getting casts off even with your funny ice shield up that blocks 400 dmg which is nothing in this new meta

Oh icy vains? 3 min cd, soo perhaps once every 3 min you get to cast a slightly faster spell unless you get insta blown up by burst

Iceblock? Just a worse version of pally bubble in pvp in this meta

Also all mage runes that support frost are based around casting hard casts to get procs to then do burst. And theres no place for that in this game rn, you hard cast youre dead.

2,5 - 3 second casts are an eternity in pvp rn

2 Likes

Exactly, creating the room for yourself to hardcast spells is the core of caster gameplay. The golden rule all ranged classes must accept is: If you allow a melee stay in melee range, you should automatically loose.

Tbg Mages arent bad. Frost mage is strong pvp, they always have been really. We arent OP and we cant 1 shot, but the problem likely lays in the fact pwople are trying to make fire mage work in pvp. When its always been frost.

What OP means is we dont have a one shot insta cast like others who dominate STV currentlym

We are due deep shatter anyway, which will be very strong haha

Fire can be really strong in pvp rn because of Living bomb which can crit for 400 and a lucky fireblast crit for 600, but thats about it. Its very squishy and has mana issues, but its damage can be absurd. It works as long as you stay maxrange where nobody can touch you.

I know it can be good aoe, i think in 1v1 frost is still all the way tho no?

It is yea, but im not talking about aoe in regards to fire. In 1v1 it can work as long as you nuke the other guy faster, abuse your 41yd range and get some lucky crits. Its good for BGs/group scenario

Oh decent may give it a throw haha ive been mainly keeping to frost so far in pvp

Its gonna be a bit tougher since your survival is trash, but if you have good gear you’ll melt people hard. Talking about it makes me want to try it again as well. I have a chronic respec disorder

skill issue , mage are broken atm.
they’re the next getting their 50% nerf with melee hunt/shamelem

Only thing that might get nerfed is arcane surge, arcane blast and living bomb. Not my problem. Seethe more

SoD is a smelly mess

mages can kill in 2 seconds with 1 arcane blast then arcane surge
ferals doing 850+ shred crits
mutilate
melee hunt
ele shamans burst
oomkin still OP
e.t.c e.t.c

theres less TTK than vanilla, WTF?

Mage skill diff is absolutely huge. It’s a class with a very high skill ceiling.
I decided to go same runes as another arcane mage in a PUG STV. He did 26k dmg in full STV, meanwhile I did 300k+. And I’m not amazing at all.

1 Like