[Main Thread] Dreadnaught Classic SOM server lagging/unable to login 04-04-22

Same problem as Drathadin. “A character with that name already exists”

1 Like

Had same problem 10 hours ago, now I got the “Whoops something went wrong” when I hit the Update instead of play button. also when i uninstalled and tried to install the game it sais “Whoops”

1 Like

Same, when I try to log in it says " A character with that name already exists" SOM Dreadnought character name is Nakai

I have the same Problem as Zickz has…
Since last night about 7pm “a character with that name already exists” has left me unable to log in to my main character on Dreadnaught SoM.
This morning at 7am I decided to press “repair and scan” option on bnet app which left me with an error message that something went wrong and I was stuck in a never ending “scanning game files” loop…
After a few hours of that, I uninstalled and wanted to reinstall but that now also leads to an error message!
At this point I have tried to repair, scan, uninstall… exhausted all the options blizzard gives.

PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME I PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR ITS BEEN OVER 17 HOURS NOW HELLLOOOO???

4 Likes

I got it to work when i installed it in a new place, not the one blizzard wanted. now i open the game from a shortcut instead of the app or whatever its called

Edit: when i tried to launch the game from shortcut it said that there was an update and when i installed that it worked from the app, seems like they fixed something

Can’t login. having the A character with that name already exists error.

Same problem… ‘Character with that name already exists’ error keeps appering on my account. Unable to play the game for almost 15h.

Fofa - Dreadnaught

Heya Folks,

Sorry to hear some of you are unable to access your characters. The issues effecting the server are resolved however if your character is stuck online still, please create a ticket with our customer support team. They should be able to move your character and help you get online.

What ticket would that fall under tho to get the fastest possible help? I’ve sent a ticket but they say it can take up to a week to reply?

The issues have definitely not been resolved. The Issues are back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes actually ridiculous the issues are not fixxed and what kind of fix would that be that I either never play again or have to write a seperate ticket even tho you guys have all the information already here…

please fix ur game

Write a ticket so someone can fix something preventing you from playing the game entirely? So they got to wait over 24hr for any help at all? I remember when your company had an actual support number to call. We pay a sub for this crap but your support is like a free to play game.

Also your server is broke AGAIN. I wonder how many hours it will take again before someone at Blizzard even notices.

Issue has returned, no characters visible and a black background when logging in.

1 Like

Issues are back …

And why the hell do have people make another report? And then get answers like “this takes up to a week” until someone even takes a look into his ticket?
This can’t even be legal…

1 Like

Also I know it’s not your fault, I am sorry you have to work for this terrible company.

2 Likes

Deffo not resolved. Issues looting, making water etc etc

1 Like

Issues definitely back, unplayable lags again :frowning:

Def not resolved, same things happening to me

Server has gone again, huge lag again and nearly unplayable.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the new reports, we’ve sent this up to be looked into. Apologies for the inconvenience.

For those of you with individual characters stuck online, the best course of action is still to submit tickets there. We cannot resolve these over the forums. I do apologise for any frustration this is causing.