Major Characters 'gone' or dead from the game

He is at the funeral of Saurfang

Eitrigg - Sylvanas Loyalist

Eitrigg, whom you beat up as a Sylvanas Loyalist earlier in the campaign, is forgiving and looking to move towards the future.

<player>, we must speak.

The choice you made in the Hall of the Brave… I don’t hold it against you. We each did what we thought was right.

Leave it in the past. What matters now is how we reunite the Horde. This is how we start.

Eitrigg - Saurfang Sided

Eitrigg has different dialogue for Saurfang supporters, noting that he too has a dark history with the Old Horde Saurfang alluded too earlier in the campaign. While Eitrigg went into hiding, Saurfang gave the Orcs hope–and hope is one of Saurfang’s final words to Sylvanas.

Honor, champion. It saved the lives of thousands today. And it has saved my life more than once.

Saurfang and I were both from the Blackrock clan. Blackhand chose us to lead his armies. We committed terrible acts under his command.

I couldn’t live with the shame. I went into hiding after the Second War was over. But not Saurfang. He helped other orcs move past their guilt and strive for lost honor.

He was a fearsome warrior. But that isn’t what made him a hero. He gave us hope when we needed it most. Back then, and now. That will always be his greatest deed.

3 Likes

He was a general who lead an invasion. So he belongs in the list. Saurfang wasn’t even a general.

Story relevance doesn’t correlate with amount they appear in game. There’s questgivers that’ll give you more quests than Anduin does, but you wouldn’t call them more important than him

1 Like

And Dranosh’s relevance is what, exactly?

He’s a bit part of Varok Saurfang’s story. No more a big deal than Amber Kearnen or Sully were in Anduin’s story during Pandaria.

Just take Dranosh off the list and I’d let it lie, but you insist he’s somehow a huge loss to the Horde, so we can be here all day listing more and more Alliance characters who are killed off to support the main characters. Like Jaina’s Gnomish apprentice, and those three Sentinels that follow Shandris and get killed during the Alliance War Campaign - they have the same effect on Shandris as Dranosh has on Varok, so they count, right?

Admiral Taylor is a major Alliance character that was killed off-screen because Horde fanboys complained that it “wasn’t fair” Nazgrim died…

I’ve removed Dranosh from the list

I’ve removed Eitrigg aswell

1 Like

no he is was much much much, higher in the Hiearchy

1 Like

Yes, he had the very high rank of “the Younger”.

Kor’kron Warlord.

Much, much, much higher in the hierarchy.

It’s literally the next title after General.

Sure buddy. When an Alliance player knows the Horde titles better than a Horde player. Sad.

which is much higher than a simple general.
If you think you just go from General to Warlord out of the blue, then you are gravely mistaken.

There are very few Warlords within the Horde.
Unless your Dad was someone special you need to earn it.
Unlike Garrosh and Saurfang the Younger, whom got their titles cos’ Thrall were fond of their fathers.

How Sad, when a Blood elf player understand better the workings of the Military better than the -personal spy master of the Lord-Admiral-

Dude, just stop. It’s not much much much higher than general when it’s literally the next title in the book.

There are also very few masters of the Night’s Watch in the Alliance if that’s the case.

Sure buddy, “warlord” is such an exclusive title than a random low-level quest mob has that:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warlord_Roktrog

1 Like

“Warlord” is quite a common title for lower-ranking Orc commanders. Here’s a list of Horde NPCs with the title, from Wowpedia:

Warlord Dar’toon
Warlord Gar’dul
Warlord Gorchuk
Warlord Bloodhilt
Warlord Goretooth
Warlord Hork Strongbrow
Warlord Roktrog
Warlord Torok
Warlord Krogg
Warlord Noktyn
Warlord Rok’nah
Warlord Jugan
Warlord Zakgra

So, it makes sense that Dranosh, a minor character who commands a small subsection of Overlord Agmar’s overall war effort in Dragonblight, which itself is a small subsection of Garrosh’s Warsong Offensive, is merely a Warlord. Garrosh’s title in Northrend is also Overlord, and that is also a title fairly commonly used by the Horde, which outranks mere Warlords.

I thought Warlord Roktrog won, but Warlord Jugan is even more pathetic. He is literally a random prisoner in Ashran who isn’t even the object of any quest.

I’m probably reiterating a few that have already been mentioned. These are also prominent Warcraft III characters:

Alliance:
Uther the Lightbringer (killed by Arthas Menethil)
Arthas Menethil (consumed by Frostmourne and killed in Icecrown Citadel)
King Terenas Menethil (kill by Arthas Menethil)
Kel’Thuzad (turned into a Lich and killed in Naxxramas)
Archmage Antonidas (killed by Arthas Menethil)
Grand Marshal Garithos (killed by Varimathras the Dreadlord)
Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore (kill by the Horde)

I’ll try to think of some more off of the top of my head and add to the list!

I just find it kinda hilarious how this thread started as another “Wahh Blizzard is biased towards Alliance, only killing Horde characters!” but once people pointed out what Alliance characters have actually been lost over the years and which Horde characters haven’t or really don’t count for much, the title was hastily edited and then the thread abandoned… because it turns out, yeah, the Alliance has lost more characters overall, surprising nobody.

1 Like

The less Major Characters, the better.
Don’t like that one?

well:

Why the hell wouldn’t Khadgar count? He was the Supreme Commander of the Alliance few years ago.

Because it’s flat out intellectually dishonest is what it is. People in this thread are pulling up obscure characters from the old RTS games, neutral characters, characters from the books and even a dead horse to somehow try to one up the Horde in the amount of characters we’ve lost over the years while at the same time underselling the importance of some of those Horde characters.

2 Likes

Nope. It’s quite accurate, in fact.

I could make a proper list, if you like - of course, you wouldn’t like it, because it would quickly become apparent just how skewed the numbers are, and how many other instances of Horde favoritism taint the franchise - but to be quite honest, who cares?

This is World of WhoCares, where the lore doesn’t matter because Blizzard will rewrite it next week and consequences for actions don’t exist.

• Nazgrim
  • Dranosh Saurfang
  • Zul’jin. Sure it was only during the Scond War, but hey.
  • Zuluhed.
  • Teron Gorefiend
  • Kargath Bladefist
  • Cho’gall etc.

Alliance:

• Admiral Taylor
  • Thoras Trollbane I am not sure, would he count?
1 Like