Make Beachhead faster

Please Blizz. We get the quest. We´ve all done it. Please make an option that makes the quest twice as fast. Make the turtles move faster, and if you have to make it harder. Make the seagulls and crabs move faster as well. This quest just feels like a boring chore.

The other tortollan quests are good, but this one is in need of a change.

10 Likes

The number or turtles needed for both quests could be cut in half and would lose nothing of value

12 Likes

I really dislike this WQ, too. However, changing it at this point makes no sense. The Legion WQ’s are still the same even though they’re an expansion old.

I don´t agree. Just because something has been there for a long time, doesn´t mean it´s good and SHOULD be there. Same thing with beachhead.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter whether it’s good or bad in this context, they’ve been the same for one and a half year and changing them now just to make them a few seconds faster makes no sense. The reason “a turtle made it to the water” became a meme and stuff is cause the WQ itself is designed to be slow and tedious and boring and dumb, if they made it superfast it would have no justification to exist and they might aswell remove it.

1 Like

That´s what I mean with it has become a chore. It was fun in the beginning when everyone was joking about it with the meme and all, but everything has it´s time. Now everyone knows the quest, nobody is joking anymore. Now it´s just something frustrating. So I think a large amount of people would like the quest faster.

You do realise that doing that quest isn’t mandatory. If you don’t like it then don’t do it, it’s that simple.

If it’s for the emissary quest there’s more than enough of the other Tortollan quests to do to get it done.

3 Likes

And p*ss easy. At least the kirin tor gave some challenges.

1 Like

With that logic we should just rework all old content that’s tedious and slow?

Ogri’la? Make it grindable in a day. Black prince? Make it grindable in a day and not a year and a half. Mop world boss mounts? Make it a 50% drop, nobody wanna kill a worldboss thousands of times for an ugly mount, right?

This game has a boatload of old tedious boring content, the point is that doing that content feels rewarding once you get through it, even if it takes weeks or months to get the rewards, or in this quests case, a little longer then the average wq.

2 Likes

Kirin Tor WQ’s are still fun to do, I really like them.

True, but with that bubble one for instance flying diminished it.

1 Like

I don´t speak for every quest in the wow universe, and it doesn´t feel rewarding pressing one butting to kill a slow flying seagull and a crab. I use the forums to give my point of how something can change. I think it´s reasonable to do so. But just because I lay out an option of what I think isn´t good doesn´t mean I want to change every quest in the game.

Fun fact: If you fail the labyrinth one, by just walking to the exit without collecting all the flags you have to restart. If you then ignore the flags again and walk directly to the exit, the quest completes even though you did it wrong.

I guess it was too challenging.

3 Likes

I get that, I just think if there had been a problem with this quest Blizzard would’ve changed it at the start, if they did it now they would also have to change similar content to be consistent.

Maybe… But it could also have a button that makes it sped up. So people can do it normally if that feels rewarding for them, and people like me that want it just done and get my sweet 2000g

Me: wearing 405 ring
Beachhead: I’ll give you a 445 ring
Me: I’ll pass, thanks.

That’s literally how much I hate these quests. I’ll stick with lower tier equipment just to ignore the Tortollan’s.
I think making the turtles faster, or halving the number required would be enough for me to actually attempt it again.

3 Likes

But tediousnes of Beachhead is part of mechanism that makes rest of the tortollian dailies feel remotely tolerable.

Just add them already to the mobile app so we can do them while sitting in toilet. That’s why they are the way they are, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

First thing i always do when i need them is look if collector Kojo is up :slight_smile:

I actively avoid both of them. I rather not do the emissary than torture myself (and primarily my hands) with this.

I think this quests would be more exciting if they made it a bit faster. As in, turtles move faster to the water, seagulls and crabs appear and move faster, etc.