Make it remember last selected realm on login

As the title says. I know it’s only an extra click or second or two, but this isn’t how it was in vanilla. The game logged in to the last selected realm.

Especially pointless to make us pick when we only have characters on one realm.

I understood this functionality a month ago, but we’re far enough away from launch that it’s a good time to re-enable the standard functionality, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Add the line:

SET realmName “Name-of-your-realm”

at the bottom of config.wtf

2 Likes

I’ve heard this suggested a few times but it’s not worked for anyone whose tried it. Plus, this isn’t how actual vanilla behaved. It would log in to the last realm you’d visited, and that’s how it should be for classic, without the need to do config.wtf tweaks.

1 Like

I’ve just tried it and it worked for me. Good advice if you regularly play on a single server.

1 Like

Use normal quotes and it will work fine.

This is fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some people claimed it doesn’t work… but it WORKS! Thanks!

Lol no, blizzard actually changed it to finally remember your last selected realm. Dunno if it was today or whatever, but it was recent indeed. So you can undo whatever Config.wtf change you made.

And a big thank you to Blizzard for finally changing this for us lazy people!

3 Likes

True, I haven’t play Classic for week. Sorry for spreading BS. It works without modifying config.wtf

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.