Make Leveling great again ft. lvl squish

Leveling is BORING. I don’t know if lvl squish is needed but it’s garbage atm.

Leveling used to be challenging back in tbc vanilla wotlk era where there was actual challenge , you had to be carefull you used to go oom.
Nowadays there is no challenge. it’s a press 1 2 3 fiesta on every class killing mobs without any danger they deal literally 0 damage to you for 120 levels
We need more methods to levelup. Or make it challenging and hard.
I see no reason to go lvl up a new character pressing 1 23 on every mob, doing the same dungeons over an over again almost fallin asleep my keyboard.
There is 0 challenge, the world is completely dead and same applies to low lvl battleground queues due to twink seperation.

If i was a dev i would make the following changes before level squish.

1. Bring back BG weekends. IT IS NEEDED imo and it’s an extra activity to do. Remember back in wotlk where we had an AV weekend yielding extra honor and experience? We had 40 man bgs at LOW LEVEL brackets something unexistant today.
    I would put 3 bgs per weekend.
    Example : this weekend starting from Friday AV IOC and WG would yield 50% extra experience and honor . it would certainly make low levels queue for it ! i didn’t see a single epic bg since Cataclysm. We would get more low lvl bgs !!!
    Don’t tell me about the bg bonus week that’s on the max level and its absolutely trash. It gives you bonus honor . Back in vanilla we had 14 ranks rewarding epic gear while now you are rank 598 honor and what for? you tryhard to get 2 more ranks for a different colour mount than the one you g ot 100ranks ago. Yikes.

2. Give WPVP kills experience.
    example: i would give every wpvp kill a 3% experience . That would promote WPVP and would make the world feel more alive. I know it would also promote ganking but hey ! Warmode is an option and if you don’t like it turn it off. Simple as that. Ganking was here since day 1.
    I would also take action against multiboxers so it doesn’t get abused by trading kills for levels. Use your imagination devs!

3. I would buff experience gained per quest but on the same time buff mob damage, make sure youcannot pull more than 3 mobs at once as any class.

4. i would give back/ unprune certain abilities.
    example: Warrior stances, Death knight precenses.

5. i would rework the talent system. (optional imo)
    An improved version of wotlk’s talent system would be nice.

people exploided to lvl up. i can understand them and i support them and i would do it aswell if i had time.
We had challenging leveling even back in wotlk , where is it now ? Gone.
People don’t want to spent hours upon hours grinding without ANY challenge. Pressing 123 requires 0 skill, doesn’t teach you how to play your class and it ends up being B . O . R . I . N . G .

last but not least, aside from heirlooms i would love to see some gear choices at low levels with unique effects such as the ones coming on the new patch with the new raid. It would make things spice up and make leveling interesting again.

Hope to hear your opinions boys and girls and Blizzard dev’s!!!
I also hope leveling is not like it is in order to promote the 60$ boost.
MAKE LEVELING GREAT AGAIN !!!
_I0Ηn-

EDIT BONUS IDEA/SUGGESTION:
Once a week a random contested zone will be choosen.
For instance stranglethorn vale.
The alliance and the horde will have a WPVP quest( the max lvls) to go and kill the enemy faction and capture points in the zone (flags or maybe seehelfire pessula/ halaa wpvp system from TBC)
The winning faction that will meet certain requirements will control the zone for the week . Rewards will be : lootfor max lvls and bonus experience by 10-20% for low lvl’s in that zone for a few days.

BONUS 2 :
Crafting through a proffession should reward exp. :stuck_out_tongue: And also maybe unique items with unique effects such as increase damage of your mortal strike warrior by 5%
Or increase healing done by X by 3 % Or increase range od HOJ by 4 yards or increase speed by 4% tc etc e tc. Use your imagination!
Also bring back tier sets for endgame, rework old tier sets aswell that will give leveling a purpose? and add new tier crafted sets perhaps? seriously i miss the depth!!!

5 Likes

My worry is that removing levels will just result in it being the same slow boring process it is is now. If removing levels would actually make it faster I’d be all for it. I fear they wont speed up the time it takes to reach max, they’ll just make there be less number of levels to get there.

Another thing for me that has made levelling super boring is the fact that the world constantly scales with us. Making it one big long production line.

8 Likes

Totally agree with you there. Good points. Blizzard should look on private servers also aswell. There is on on wotlk expansion that have over 20k people. Let’s say that 10k of them don’t want to pay to play the other 10k prefers WOTLK overBFA. Blizzard needs to ask themselfs WHY is this the case. :wink:

1 Like

i hope next expansion will address this situation with a serious rework: instead adding content they must change old one. Do you know the other games how manage this?

3 Likes

Next expansion is gonna be late…

I would also love to hear from a developer or a community manager. Iam interested on their opinion regarding the points i made.

1 Like

You won’t hear from them.

Yes we will! have a little faith! :slight_smile:

Like what they did with Cata ? No ty, it has nothing to do with content.
It’s more a matter of class design as the OP indirectly mentionned. Quests and dungeons are nice, it’s the way you’re forced to do them that makes everything feel boring.

Also true but it’s always good to have hope some of them will see this because it’s the first normal suggestion I have seen on this forum in months or maybe a year would be a shame if they ignored this.

I have to admit I’ve only really played games where it’s new expansions are new stuff bolted on. I guess only Cataclysm kind of reworked some unused areas and added some new. Many disliked the revamp Cata gave Azeroth.

I will still to this day never get over cata reworked map of the world lost it’s magic since then it’s not the good old :disappointed_relieved: anymore.

1 Like

It’s actually one of the things I’m looking forward to on the Classic server. My friend has never seen original zones pre Cata. We are going on a roadtrip!!!

2 Likes

Same!!! :grin:.

2 Likes

This is how I see leveling:

• with every max level toon you get 5% exp boost on your alts (it would work like a buff. I’d call it “call to arms” as this expansion is called BATTLE for Azeroth)
  • Bringing back spell levels. You’d need to visit class trainers every couple levels to BUY (with gold) upgrades to your spells. This way you can make players feel like their toons are getting better and better with every level.
  • Boost heirloom stats a bit. They don’t feel any better than normal items (besides xp bonus of course).

lmk your feedback

2 Likes

My best friend promised me he will play classic wow with me when it comes out I can’t wait to show him how it was on the golden days

1 Like

the problems about cata were many:

1. it was after Wotlk that was the most beloved (not the best but the most beloved) expansion by far
  2. they changed the terrain of beloved zones like barrens
  3. the new zones were scattered around the world
  4. the introduction of a movie-like plot (even f.i. i love rambo quests)

This time a revamp is needed. I dont wanna fight again against drakthar (or similar name) in ghostlands. The plaguelands i think after 10 years are recovered. Eastern Plaguelands could be a marvelous Warfront in the faction war. We already have the tower and the city!
TBC\Wotlk content is totally frozen in the past.
In fact now we are focusing (i use we but i should use you because i never like endgame) just on endgame because pre 119 is old and still.

1 Like

I like this idea, spell levels and ranks were really engaging, for me at least. Especially actually having to visit the trainer.

Old skill trees were also more engaging. That one skill point each level really adds to the experience.

I also like the idea of BG weekends coming back, whether it’s for leveling or even at level cap to increase BG participation. That’s for another topic.

2 Likes

To all friends thatsupport the idea of a change, please like the post : )
EDIT: The original post :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah I’d love to see talent trees too but we cannot expect that Blizzard will make this game great again in one patch:P

On a serious note tho BfA is the best moment to perform level squish and introduce HUGE changes. People are quitting left and right anyway so if you dont take any risks now… you’re gone. Old mechanics were great. You had to actually choose if you want to upgrade heroic strike OR other spell cause you cant afford all of them lmao.

I have no idea what was the reason behind changing spell ranks, removing class trainers but hopefully we will get those back one day.

I unserstand that talent trees might be tricky when you have to level up to 120 so maybe lets cut it in half? wink wink

1 Like

This. Well, most of this. The “boring” bit.

If the actual process - all the things we do, and learn - are the same, at the same time intervals, just measured in inches instead of centimeters … then WHAT’S THE POINT?

30 centimeters = 12 inches[*]; 120 Old Levels = 60 New Levels. What’s the point? It’s the same thing, the same length, the same quality. You’re just moving the labels around.

But not this:

I don’t want faster. I want more meaningful and more enjoyable. And they are devoted to removing meaning and enjoyment from levelling. I mean seriously devoted, obsessed. That’s my gripe.

And this.

Probably the biggest removal of meaning from levelling right here.

[*] (approx, for pedants!)

5 Likes