Make melee actually have to melee

Fine, melees should have to melee but how about ranged casters and healers should have to cast? The hell am I supposed to do against a combusting mage killing me with instants or a holy priest healing himself up with instants if I am not a ret?

1 Like

Melee right now in general in 2x2, 3x3 brakets have higher uptime.
If we will take into concideration that by blizz saying they don’t balance game around 1v1, then something should be done with outliners from both sides - melee and casters.

In recent 7-8 years, melee mobility had an substential burst, and at the same time, melee got alot of range tools to keep range classes in check.

And at the same time, casters have less uptime, because they can be CCed as anyone else, their casts could be.

• Pushed back
  • Interrupted
  • Silenced
  • LoSed
  • CCed
  • reflected

The only way right now to stop melee from dealing damage is to

• CC
  • break the distance

Outside of boomies no caster has access to disarm effect.

Right now most of the melee have in their arsenals spells to answer to anything that range could thow on them.
Mobility of casters if it is not druids or Mages is very limited.

If current game design has tried to be balanced, then casters would had a disarm effect on short CD as melee have interrupts on 14 sec CD.

And if you start to think, almost with all casters except for mages or dru, you doesn’t concider much of their actual mechanics in combat, the only thing you keep your awarenes for is damage dealing spells, nothing more.

Melee could point on busted damage of fire, balance, ele or destro and they will be right here, these specs have some absurd amount of damage.
But the key issue of this problem lies not in damage numbers, but in design of these specs - destro for example has only 15 dedicated destro spells - active and passive. How would anyone could build a decent spec around such low amount of spells? And because of that Destro is known for it’s broken damage, and nothing else.
On the other corner we have firemages with 27-28 spells in their fire book, and they win not because of their damage, but because blizz overdesigned them.

And right now, we see classes in meta for two reasons

• Big f**ing damage
  • Because these classes was made for PvP.
1 Like

Maybe the issue come from The hunter’s Leg that move dots and impairing effects (not a dispell effect so no fear on a remove of vampiric touch) when hunters Feign death and reduce feign Death CD by 15 sec. Make hunters very strong against SP, Affli Lock.

So it’s not a SV issue, but the leg’ that most Hunter use in pvp (?)

he needs to be in LoS to do dmg just as you. I dont understand the problem to be honest.

you just basically said that SV is underperforming lol. The data shows that SV is heavily underperforming too. They can work in 2s but BM is just way stronger and easier.

its really only your issue

idk why you think this should be the case. Who says hybrid melee/range specs shouldnt not exist?

shadow was never a high mobility class. Never ever. So of course you can say its the design of the spec.

what do you mean “okay”? im playing sp myself we are s tier this season and have atleast 3 or 4 s tier combs. We might not be mage or warrior level but SP is really good this season.

Sp not being a high mobility spec doesn’t mean it has been designed to facetank all dmg.

These days you can’t facetank ret or enhance dmg and be okay.

I never said priest was bad but it’s definitely hard to play especially in the beginning of an xpac cause we have low haste and our dmg isn’t very strong to make people run away or play Def.

of course it does. thats why we get 15% less dmg, have dispersion and fade on low cooldown and decent selfheal.

of course you can why not?

you said its “okay”.

definitely. unmobile caster arent easy :smiley:

we dont have constant pressure no. but good setups and decent aoe.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.