Make wow alt friendly again

please for next expansion, get rid of borrowed power, stuff like renown,conduits and reps with daily grind cap.

if u want us to force us to play longer, just make lvling slower, but once i hit max level the only thing i want to stop me from doing end game is GEAR. not other stuff, not daily grinds over weeks/months and so on. just let me have fun when i play and lvl new toons to max.

10 Likes

BiS gear + BiS spec for each type of content - u can’t ignore it - communtity won’t allow you, borrowed powers, grind, timegating, alts-unfriendly, separated PvP and PvE - i can’t do both - needs regrind again. This makes me sad tbh.

1 Like

Yeah I can. I totally can.

Pfft. Community doesn’t tell me to do ANYTHING.

This is a GOOD thing (imo).

Anyway… A simpler expansion would be nice.
Just as long as there’s enough fun and worthwhile world content to do.
I don’t want to be bored out of my skull again like in WotLK.

Honestly that new flying system by default was underwhelming. I’m not really sure them changing it with 9.1.5 was actually intended, but for a solid year I’ve been grinding rep and meta achievements on main and still can’t fly on alts nor use certain mounts outside of SL due to covenant restrictions.

Props given to keeping accountwide armor tokens alive though there really could be more quests granting them.

i totally believe you xD

I don’t hate the renown system as much as I hate the gating behind it.

I would have any system, fixed, not infinite grinding-ap-style, as long as it is fully unlocked for all my ALTs after I’ve cleared it on MAIN.

I mean, WoD was very ALT friendly, but community remembers it as a draught content expansion. For me it wasn’t since I’ve played, leveled and geared (honor blue gear) all my ALTs. The last xpac in which I could do that. We don’t want people that only play one caracter to say “there’s nothing to do in this game, boored after 2 weeks of playing”.

Blizzard is unvoluntarily teaching me, since BFA, how to play their game by not subbing for longer periods of time.
In SL i’ve unsubbed for 2 monts right on patch 9.1 since I couldn’t stand the ideea of having to do another 40 renown on my 3 ALTs leveled in this xpac.
In BFA I’ve unsubbed for 1 year since I waited for a somehow finished version of that expansion and was sick of infinite grinding ap and more systems broken.

If we had Torghast leveling since day 1 SL 9.0, I would have leveled all my 23 ALTs by now and wouldn’t have any period of unsubbing. I’ve called it on 20 December 2020, and it took Blizzard almost 1 year to patch that to reality. Hope it will be good and not TRASH.

Dec '20 (Thank you Blizzard/WoW Devs, keep up the good work!)"]
“!!!P.S.!!! please add the a possibility of leveling ALTS in Torghast in a future update. That will probably made me level all my 23 alts, hell, maybe I will start doing it right after finishing Rated PvP weekly cap.”

P.S. It is funny that I said “a future update”, but wasn’t expecting it to be 1 year later. Well, Blizzard, since SL launched, you lost 2 months out of my sub, keep it up gating, forcing that sub for “THE MAU” and you will get exactly the opposite result.

We will make WOW great again !

1 Like

I think they should keep all this. Give us grinding and time gating and borrowed power…but make it account wide.
Its not a problem doing this on your main, its doing it again and again and again…and again on your alts thats the game killer IMO.

4 Likes

For rep they can do what they did in Pandaria, if main gets exalted the npc of that rep can sell a token which will give alts a huge bonus.
And gold / currencies acc wide Blizz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This, yes, please.

Yet another system that players loved, binned off next to glyphs and the magetower. (I don’t count the new magetower resurrection as being a proper continuation, though I have hope for 10.0.)

but it is, being forced to log into game on a daily basis is not fun, that is if you care about high end content, but i see you are from AD, and no u prly dont need any thing at all to stand in goldshire, BUT thats not my cup of tea. i pref being active in m+ and raids. i dont count idle as playing.

They should do something about it now. The next expansion is far away.

2 Likes

Hmm I do feel that ALTs are being hard gated, but I def can say that SL’s renown system is milion times beter then Legion and BFA’s AP.

I’ve made a timing on how much does it take to do weekly stuff at reset day, and in december it took about 4 hours to have:

1. all callings done
  2. 1000 anima gathered in the first 40mins
  3. world boss
  4. torghast
  5. The Maw (mountless one) - 20min per day

So, I can say that in SL Blizzard didn’t forced me to log in daily, actually lot of people whine at start because they were just raidlogging and didn’t had stuff to do.

Out of curiosity, what were you forced to do that you had to log in game daily ?
For me it was weekly reset > 4 hours weekly stuff in reset day > the rest of the week play the content that I actually enjoy (Arenas - the fact that half the time I was staring at the LFG screen waiting for partners to queue with … it is a different story :))

Grinds are fine as long as you can skip most of it with alts, as they plan to introduce it in 9.1.5
It should have been in the game since launch, along with the campaign and Maw introduction skip and the renown token.
I’m not much of an alt roller myself, I switched classes a few times and the grind I already did before was boring af indeed.

KOrthia rep, slowley released renown cap/main story cap. world quests for animapower to boost buildings, and callings. all content that is not enjoyable.

Just as maw rep, the difference is to damn little to justify doing those reps if you don’t enjoy them.

While I do agree that gating renown/story is a poor developer’s solution, I can also say it takes 2h per week, on reset day, to finish that.

Well, those are cosmetic rewards. At least the farm doesn’t involve killing 200.000 pirates like some old farms used to require;)

Also, content that you can do twice per week, since you can stack 3 of them.

There’s a difference in required content to do (like raiders were doing PvP for gear in S1, or PvPers were doing PvE content in BFA so they can be competitive in Arenas) and content that is totaly optional and doesn’t create a barrier between you and your loved content (raiding). For exemple I’ve done exalted The Maw on 2 chars, but I can’t be asked to do the cosmetic venthyr " The Avowed" rep, it feels so bad, so I don’t do it :slight_smile:

and if ur on alt? it reqs u to lvl it up it takes time.

conduits and sockets are huge, 252 sockets is actually huge if u are dps, atleast wild spirit one. and the other as well.

Yeah, I feel you 100%, this is why I wish that WoW in 2021 to be as friendly as possible to ALTs. Not in the matter of gearing, 220ilvl catchup seems just fine, but in all other aspects that don’t involve gearing.

Conduits should all be unlocked on ALTs and should not have ilvl in the first place.
About sockets in 9.1, I havent had the pleasure to discover how important they are, but I hope they don’t ruin the PvP scene. The sockets from The Maw weren’t that big of a deal 1-3% more dps.

God dude didnt you wanted to quit. Just finally stop crying every god damn day. Or bingewatch a soap opera

but only thing that is stopping you from playing alts its you yourself

want example ? i logged in today my 213 itlv retribution paladin - first time in half of year - i opened lfg tool found +10 , timed +10 tomorrow will get nice shiny 242 item and +10 key with which i will make my own weekly no leaver group in case we dont time it next week.

i did it with nice 215 tank and with nice group .

i wont everfarm a single conduit on it still in 3-4 weeks i will likely be runign +14/15s.

nothing is stopping you from playing right now.