Make wow f2p

F2P could be done well, but I am afraid that for WoW in particular going F2P would simply mean that they stop developing the game and keep it around trying to get whatever scraps of money they still can, from things like collectibles / buffs / whatnot.

So, it all depends on the details, but I think for WoW the details would likely be pretty bad.

1 Like

It is the tax you pay so you don’t have to deal with f2p monetization structures.

2 Likes

I would rather have a good game again.

But yeah, this game atm is not worth its money.

3 Likes

If you hate what has become of the game so much then you’re more than welcome to quit.

2 Likes

wow f2p:
be able to use DBM for 3euros/month
use dmg/heal addon meters for 2euros/month
buy another action bar for 5euros
use elvui for just 10euros/month and be able to use 4 action bars

elite pvp gear on sale, get your 30ilvls advantage now while its hot

7 Likes

Not in Blizzards right to do so. Not their program.

Same as above.

Yup.

Same as DBM/Meters.

At best in regards of these things they could put Addon functionality in the shop.

1 Like

OK so you say you will quit game if it is F2P then you say it is now F2P? Makes sense.

He means completely f2p, aka not even an income for blizzard via gold tokens. But you can already play it without investing euros if you make enough gold.

1 Like

I wasn’t complaining about sub price. In fact I checked my last month transactions and it was 240EURO for WOW shop.

My topic is about how the game feels like F2P. As the quality is sinking each expac.y

3 Likes

Its still far away of how real f2p games operate

1 Like

Stop spending money then?

3 Likes

Yes. I will stat.

1 Like

thats now how it works, if blizz wants they can block all 3rd party software and ban you for using so.
they can even block specific addons

Oof. Brutal.

Haha yeah but nah I’d quit no thanks

That really would be the death of WOW.

I actually prefer subscription

Why?

Games gets infected with hackers & bots ( like you will see them pretty much every hour or so )

Its easier to hack & cheat a game when its free, just look at Team fortress 2

Hmmm that has some truth

1 Like
2 Likes

This will happen in time :slight_smile:

When they hit low sub numbers .

All the people who didn’t / couldn’t afford /found immoral to pay for a game or played on private servers will give the official version a try .

They can also make a f2p (freebie version ) and a payed one with different privileges. Anarchy had at some point .