Many DPS classes completely useless

Arms warrior bottom? Maaaan it was so up that chart just a couple weeks ago!

The shorter the Execute phase gets, the worse Arms gets. Arms pretty good AOE profile but the raid doesn’t seem to be that well suited to it and compromise has to be made in the build to run good AOE, you basically throw away the big execute phase.

Shame because I think Arms plays way better than either Fury build.

1 Like

unholy needs fundamental changes, aka a complete rework.

I’m not aware of logs being bugged, they fixed an issue with Aug and BM Hunter are now testing a hotfix for the damage scaling issue:-

WTB Class Change Service to change from Priest pl0x.

Yeah, that was one bug they fixed. The other bug is still active.

The bug that still exists doesn’t affect the amount of damage BM hunter does. It only affects how much damage the logs SHOW it does. Basically, the logs are reporting about 6% more damage than BM is actually doing and putting them higher in the logs than they should be.

1 Like

I’m not reading that the same way you are. To me it says that they are doing that damage, and a fix will come.

We’ll see how they fare after their hotfix :slight_smile:

I’m not reading what you posted. That’s old news about a bug within WoW that was fixed 2 weeks ago.

The existing bug is in Warcraft logs, not in WoW. It’s a reporting issue, not an actual damage issue, but since everyone outside the WoW dev team relies on Warcraft logs for their data, the community assumes the logs are accurate.

Something is not right because between numbers shown in WClogs and numbers in game say for example details they are completely different.

For example details will show 120k dps done
were as if you look at log it will show around 126+k dps done

These are rough numbers but it is putting players/hunters above were they should be in the logs, i rather believe details tbh.

The issue is aug is missing some support triggers on some of the new spells added to specs that interact with their 4 sets. Basically about 6% of BM Hunter’s damage that’s being auged isn’t going back to the aug in logs and is still attributed to the BM. Its a log issue but since all logs do is read blizzards spell data it’s up to blizzard to fix it so that wcl can read it properly.

1 Like

If someone, no matter who is doing double your damage at same gear (ilvl and optimized the same), it’s not on the class, it’s pure skill issue.
I agree that dh, rogue and bm hunter are above the rest with roughly 10-15%, but to say it double, it just sound like a total skill issue.

There are edge cases, like bliz failing to give some specs any semblance of AoE burst so any fight where you’re expected to remove large number of adds in a timely manner you’re just incapable of helping your team.

I’m talking about overall, not one pack. I think I’ve done keys with almost every class at this point, and the differences between same gear, at the end of the dungeons were not that big. And I’ve done the keys as tank, heal and dps at this point. People are trying to find any reason to complain. This season is way more easier than it should be. But people are still crying.

In a 16 every class is viable to finish the key every class, every spec. So i dont see the problem immo.

1 Like

In theory… but reality is also that you have the best players in the world playing the best specs.

And your random joe playing say affliction right now… while they might all get a 100 log… a better player would be able to get far more our of affliction.

The logs only compares to other players playing w/e spec… but not the players behind the screen… hence why it will always look worse than reality…

Puny linked Gnarlroot, that’s just one boss. If you show aggregate they’re kind of middle of the pack, maybe a bit on the low side.

Different bosses play to the strengths and weaknesses of different classes.

For example Balance druids manage to be top DPS on Council of Dreams across all levels pretty much.

1 Like

When was the last time ele was fotm? Do something about them Blizz.

This is what I was thinking tbh, there is no loyalty to your favourite class/spec anymore, every time, for first 2-3 weeks of the season you see people massively rolling fotm classes so they have easier access to climb in progression. It is sickening tbh.

Did a raid on my alt last night literally 8+ dhs in the raid followed by rogues.

It is just pathetic.

DHs are fun to play. High mobility, high self-sustain, iconic class fantasy – and now the damage is good, too. I doubt many people are genuinely switching their cherished mains to DHs, but why not to have some fun while it still lasts? I bet most players have a DH alt tucked away somewhere for precisely this reason. After all, while you’re fel rushing into aoe puddles or into next packs’ loving embrace, your old main is still there, waiting, always ready to be logged in as.

The post is about Mythic raiding and class imbalance if you want to talk M+ the same problem applies for high keys 25+ Would you rather bring a retri pala that does 200k DPS overall or a DH/BM/Rogue that do 250-300k Overall dps?

The Aug issue is fixed as far as I’m aware and that was the follow up hotfix required to sort out damage scaling.

I’m not aware of any issue with warcraft logs. And I’m always slightly dubious of things without proof or an acknowledgement from WLs. As WLs just works from the game Combat Log it seems strange that just one class would be bugged.

I would just like to see a source that this bug exists rather than people just claiming it. They could be completely right ofc I just like proof. Even googling the only place I can find any claim of it is this thread.