Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

Same boat here buddy. Just re-subbed after not playing for around 2 months. Might opt for a refund. Good thing I have not pre-ordered DF yet haha!
Edit: To me it is actually pretty funny that it seems like there’s never any testing involved with blizzard. Every time they release something, whether it be a “big” patch/prepatch or a new expansion (even worse) , there is always a couple of unplayable days after it releases until it’s “solved”. I’ve never seen another game company be this lazy when it comes to testing :confused:

3 Likes

September nvidia 517.43 drivers helped me. Wow now running fine. Max GPU usage 75% in ardenweald other zones 40-60%. New dragonflight zones in beta 40-70%. Temperatures are now OK for me. Max 70C. With newest drivers i had 85C and 100% usage.

I don’t have any GPU usage problems with the latest drivers, but i’m still pretty pissed about the DX12 flickering issue still not having been fixed after what… a year or more?

3 Likes

i dont have any gpu usage problem too…

problem is stuttering problem

only fix GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”
this will work %80 but some areas still really badly drop fps…

4 Likes

no news since 15 days :confused:

4 Likes

5800X3D try turning off fTPM. Turn off Game DVR features. Enable or disable G-Sync. Power plan to high performance. Set the RTX 2070S to Prefer maximum performance.

Sometimes a Windows 11 update causes shuttering in some games. Update to the very latest nvidia driver as there is a bug fix for a windows issue. Check audio settings and drivers. Disable windows defender completely.

Are you responding to the flicker issue?
Cause i don’t see a connection here with what you wrote :slight_smile:
There is nothing you can do about it except switch to DX11… which is alot slower in certain areas and also has problems with multimonitor video streaming.
So that is not acceptable for me.

2 Likes

After todays patch my fps is around 50 fps, before it was 120fps, also noticed sli no longer works in dx11, before prepatch it was working great.

2 Likes

Think i found the problem it has a memory leak problem.

resmon shows that wow maxed out 32gb memory and standby memory is capped.

Imgur

2 Likes

I have 32GB of memory and dont have any issues. WoW.exe looks to be using 6GB in that image.

I’m using nearly 12gb of ram total right now according to RTSS, seems high.

1 Like

Make sure Multisample Alpha-Test is not ticked. Will cause massive fps drops in city or areas with lots of players.

Im not getting fps drops at all - its just started stuttering again - just logged on & portalled to oribos & stutter

If your running on an ancient GPU yes… else… no :slight_smile:
But what makes a big difference is setting compute effects to low.

That ancient GPU is a RTX 3080 TI in this case. Running at 1080p upscaled to 4k with bicubic. Get 60 FPS with no drops, with just one setting.

2 Likes

Great it worked for you, that setting was never on for me anyways.

1 Like

Just trying to help, sometimes little things can be a work around. I had performance issues with the new patch as well.

1 Like

I honestly don’t even know what to say to that…

1 Like

the stutters persist here too :frowning:

2 Likes

I can see that most of you guys are trying to go on a witch hunt. Some of you are reducing the graphics settings, some of you are downgrading their drivers… All these things will be a temporary fix guys, this issue is on a game client base and we will have to continuously report it on the devs through tickets and bug reports. I’ve tested this issue on two different machines with totally different hardware and variety of drivers… the problem exists even if it doesn’t show up immediately, its starts to stutter after a while.

6 Likes