Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

Hello!

Currently I’m experiencing the same issue… since the Pre-Patch.

My Spec:

• MB: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS
  • CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  • RAM: G.Skill RIPJAWS V 3200Mhz DDR4
  • GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 OC Gaming 8 GB
  • PSU: 620W Seasonic Gold 80 Plus

I’ve tried the following:

• Format Windows
  • DDU Drivers
  • Overclock GPU
  • Remove AfterBurner
  • Remove AORUS GPU Software
  • Update all the drivers
  • 0 addons

Nothing solves… I just did a fresh installation of the windows 0 addons, game downloaded from scratch today… no software for GPU only the windows update graphic drivers and I was playing and game freezed, GPU slowed down the fans, FPS dropped from 120-140 (2140x1440 Resolution) to 0-10 then suddendly the game unstucks and character is invisible for 2 seconds and then goes back to normal… this turns out to be annoying and I don’t know how to fix this…

I’m considering buying a new GPU but it’s so weird everything was OK until the pre-patch.

Any solution??? Any driver recommended?

PS: This issue also happens on Call of Duty: WARZONE 2.0 the game crashes even on the loading screen. FPS are at 120-140 on menus with 1900Mhz GPU working… then suddendly DANG! Game crashes…

1 Like

PS2: I’ve tried to do GPU Stress Tests and everything is FINE… no errors, no BSOD, nothing!

Give up boys. Thread on US Forums over 1k comments, last update from an actual worker was 3 weeks ago. Interns prolly wasn’t getting paid enough and quit job halfway, therefore the stutter will continue.

5 Likes

I manage to do a workaround… I underclocked my GPU and it seems to solve the problem. Altought problem remains on WZ 2.0 -.-

I am in the same boat when i login i am able to play maybe 5 minutes in DF and then the fps tanks to below 30 fps usually hovers around 17 fps at times and the game becomes unplayable. Tried all suggested solutions but nothings seems to work. Tested all nvidia drivers going back to 512.95 which seemed to fix the issue briefly for a day allowing me to play normally. But the following day when i logged in the fps tanked again. I am back on the current driver version of 526.98 but i am getting the same problem again so i am unable to play the game currently.

I’m having this issue only in Valdrakken and in any dungeon - massive FPS stuttering. It’s awful, really.

Does anyone else get this in dungeons, too?

this shiet with stuttering its still alive… and noone gives a shiet from Dev’s view… it is what it is.

I updated to Nvidia Driver version 527.36 yesterday and it fixed my fps i was back to playing at my normal smooth fps of 60 and over on geforce experience optimised settings. But today i login the fps is fine for 2 minutes then it tanks to 7 fps where it stays below 10 fps…the game is literally unplayable and is even worse now than it was a couple days back. Now i have to relog constantly until the issue some how resolves itself so i can play at best around 30 fps with settings set to ultra low.

ye, same here it was never because of settings i could have high 144 or medium high 90, i tried now lowest 60 just to see if its smooth at bare minimum … Its not :confused:

it is bad because i cant really play such a game, this is the reason i left many fun great games which had bad performance, it really bothers me.

I was considering making a huge upgrade for my videocard (which i dont need as i play in 1080) but i saw acquittances have same problems with 3080 too

The issue remains, stutter is still there , and i run 2060 rtx card.
I just dont bother speaking out for it anymore as some1 above already mentioned.

A way bigger thread is up before me and they never adressed the issue.

Ive also done all the solutions people said both about nvidia, cache command, backing driver updtates, eveything
None works, its blizzards thingy.

2 Likes

i can see how this may be forgotten i literally saw games with same or worse engine/performance do okeish i suppose, so i think it could be left like this, which will be the end now of wow but of my journey with wow, scary as it may sound i would like this to be fixed.

The game has so many bugs tho, i do love expansion overall, but its a huge technical mess.

Thats their speciality, especially latest expansions…
Most of the old crew have left the company barely good ol ones are there
Now they just milkin their nostalgia customers money and thats all.

Expansion is fun has its ups n downs as all of em.

Funny thing to think is , money shop never had an issue, coincindense?! :joy::shushing_face::hugs:

iam getting mega stuttering in Valdrakken. Also FPS is very low around 40 FPS. Other Dragon Isles zones iam running stable 120 FPS without any issues. CPU and GPU usage is ok, temps CPU around 50 and GPU around 60

i had this exact issue, and it was caused by a bad GPU driver actually.

unlpugged the internet used AMD cleanup utility in safe mode then installed the “optional” newest driver without the overlay, “driver only”, and it fixed all the stuttering on the pop ins and the framerate got doubled as well, its some kind of shader issue with dx12

To me it looks like it might be connected to certain CPUs (but I don’t have enought data to back this up). I have 3070TI + Ryzen 3800X, my friend has 3070Ti and 5800X. I have stutters and huge fps drop in Valdrakken (45-60 fps), especially when players are around. And he has 80+FPS. Same graphic settings everything cranked to the maximum. (relevant post: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zb0p95/ryzen_3700x3800x_fps_drops/)

Funnily enough if I render the game in 5k or Full HD I have the same FPS so it is definitely not the GPU that causes the issues.

Is this somewhat close to your experiences? Do you maybe also have ryzen 7 3000 processors? I wanted to upgrade anyways so I ordered a 5800X3D, when I have it I’ll check if it helped or not and I will let you know.

i do have a ryzen processor

People are probably going to think I’m crazy, but I fixed this problem by moving WoW and all related files from an SSD back to an HDD.

Crazy, but it works better now than it has in the last year and a half.

LOL :smiley: What kind of sorcery is this? I’ll try for just the heck of it, I have no ideas left anyways…

Right? Crazy!

I wish you luck :smiley:

Let me know how you get on mate, just cancelled my sub over this so would love a solution.