Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

It’s really getting worse…
Stuttering is a lot more aggressive this patch; happens when I also hover my mouse over the system icon to check FPS.

You mean the question mark? That has always stuttered tbh.

Anyways, raids/dungeons are terrible now when using aoe abilities such a whirlwind, stutter every time it hits mobs.

Unplayable. Random DCs, unable to sigh in to BT, can’t connect, when I do so the lag is huge … and my PC is nt low at all

Oh yikes. I am just noticing it now.
But yeah, stuttering is getting worse. Just tonight I was in Duskwood doing some RP and every time some player would walk by on the road, the game would briefly stutter. Insane.

Hello,

For anyone having these issues since 10.0.5 (maybe also just got worse with the Patch):

2 Likes

Returning drivers to the previous version didnt help.

Another maintenance and patch. Game still stutters. Keep ignoring this doesn’t mean problem not exist Blizzard.

Even worse today with many players on.

1 Like

Completely? You haven’t even partially fixed it for a lot of us. You’re going to start losing subscribers.

3 Likes

It’s terrible.
The more the game stays open, the worse the performance. This should be a top 1 priority, what are they doing?

5 Likes

Hmmm, trying to fix the new Trading Post that has been released … already broken? :rofl:
The Magic Circus.

Wait, no, real circus clowns don’t deserve this comparison, because they’re actually really skilled.

I think I see their cunning plan here… they can’t fix the stuttering problem so they release new content like the trading post so bugged and hope that the stuttering complaints get pushed away down the page and forgotten about. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, maybe.
The good old misdirection technique used by pickpockets and magicians to draw your attention elsewhere.

But in case of Blizzard, it doesn’t work anymore, the link is way too obvious, and worn. :wink:

As much as I am beyond frustrated with this situation too, I don’t like the direction this discussion is going. The devs are humans too (not to mention big heads at blizz will never see your insults, but devs will) and the game is really complex. One code can pull two hundred other things, random ghost in the shell issues, etc. Beyond the length of one message here.

Being mean and dehumanising to the devs will not help our cause. Calling them unskilled and clowns is just pushing them away (and quite unfair). I’m sure they don’t want to lose subscribers as a company either, just stick to reports and experiences. More comments and visibility about that pushes the priority. This helps our fellow gamers too.

Act uncouth and the thread will not be taken seriously and will be closed down.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, when I’m talking about «clowns», I don’t talk about coders, because, trust me or not, but I’m also a coder, for over 15 years.
Not in the gaming industry, but I’m pretty familiar with that kind of process.
I’m talking about the clowns, often called «game designers», «team leaders» or whatever, who often don’t type a single line of code, or don’t even code at all.
Those people who decide to add silly features on a 20 yo spaghetti pile of code because «it would be cool to add some eye-candy stuff» on a outdated engine that can’t even handle it correctly.

Icing on a cake is a bad idea when the cake itself is crumbling.

Same for those who don’t respect the QA process, and decide to push the code on production when it’s clearly not tested long enough.

I’m talking about these clowns. Call them big heads, or whatever you want.

Moreover, being human doesn’t change the fact that when an idea, or a piece code, is bad or unrealistic, it’s just …bad.
When my code is bad (and spoiler alert, I’m human too, and sometimes, more often that I’d like, my code is just bad, I’m not omniscient nor a genius), I don’t release it.

Sadly, the real coders have very little impact, and control, over the whole project.

But honestly, to release so much bugged stuff over and over since DF release, there must be clowns, somewhere, stacked in the pile.

6 Likes

checking if we can play or not yet … seems im early

I understand this, and as I stated, they will not see these insults, but “lesser” people will do and they will/might take it to the heart.

I worked in the gamedev field, I know the process too. Most of the times you work with what’s given, because it’s either too big to change (no given resources or time), or you aren’t allowed to change things. Yes it’s frustrating, and also you will get the blame for everything. Internally and externally.

So all the slight will never go up to the big boys. It’s just incredibly demotivating to read for the lower level workers. I understand the frustration ofc, I do care about the game too.

That’s said, the game for me was insanely stutter-y yesterday. I gave up quite fast.

1 Like

I’m a gamer from about 30 years. I’m playing WoW around 17 years and I never been so frustrated, angry, tired and disappointed about state of a game like right now. It’s not all about stutters, things like that can happends. I’m so angry about how Blizzard is dealing with that. I should play and enjoy the game, but instead my daily routine from over two months is checking EU and US forums is there any sign from Blizzard about it. What I find is internet troll who dominated thread telling to all of us we have hallucinations. Where is Blizzard?! Where is an official statement?

10 Likes

just bumping the thread stutters still remain and bad performance of the game,30 fps on valdrakken despite top pc.

fix the game.

6 Likes

4GB ram usage normally. After I entered the Primalist Future, it went to 16.5GB ram usage + FPS drops + freezing of the game for some minutes and stuttering all the time. After I left the Primalist Future again, my ram usage now remains on 16.5GB. After 10 minutes it gos down but not back to 4GB, but stuck on 6.5GB usage.

1 Like