Massive FPS Drops.. game's stuttering, nothing works

just bumping the thread blizzard fix you game please 3 months now of horrible performance/stutters.

3 Likes

Another reset and game still stutters. Tested it on fresh installed Win 10 with only drivers and updates. WoW also fresh installed, no addons.

1 Like

Nvidia released today new driver 528.49 where is support for NVIDIA Reflex in World of Warcraft. Tested it (Reflex, Reflex + Boost) on two PC’s where I have 3070 TI and on another 2070 super. Nothing has changed game still STUTTERS.

3 Likes

I am also facing performance issues, never had those before in classic. but now its getting really annoying.

1. frame drops - already at low settings
  2. memory leak - once it peaked around 79GB!
    https://i.imgur.com/mtvGBG0.png

what i’ve tried so far:

• checked my addons memory usage its around ~300mb → shouldn’t be an issue.
  • same as cpu usage → nothing special not even utilizing my cpu fully
  • gpu usage ~10-20% → not really utilized
  • change settings in graphics options, someone suggested limiting foreground to 60 helps on the leak → nope.
  • close everything in the background, restart machine, pray to god. → helps for like 30minutes then its again at 15gb memory already

The whole thread is about stutters in Retail. You should open new one if you have problems in Classic.

2 Likes

classic client is a subset of the retail one.

It’s actually getting worse.

3 Likes

damn no fix ? how much is it 4 months ?

2 Likes

It is getting worse.
Stuttering is becoming way more ‘aggressive’ so to speak.

5 Likes

My GF had this issue and I didn’t
her 60HZ monitor was actually the issue…

we got a replacement 165HZ monitor and she’s had zero issues since

I think for the majority, it’s not the monitor. I also had days without stutters before the current patch, smooth as a butter and same monitor, pc, setup, OS, etc.

Now everything is worse. Even in solo stuff, like Island Expedition, stutter extravaganza. Or even in starter zone, from 120 fps to 9. Memory goes up to the sky too.

4 Likes

Indeed, it’s not a hardware problem. There’s well over 2k comments in a thread on US forums on this problem.

3 Likes

just passing by to bump the thread.

BLIZZARD FIX YOUR GAME.

4 Likes

I think it’s now clear that they don’t see this problem as big enough to justify allocating the resources that would be required to fix it.

3 Likes

then its time for unsub.theres plenty of new games (and good ones)coming this year,only addicted toxics will remain in this poor poor game.

along with the horrible development team and the rmt streamers.

I never seen anything like that before where development team is totally focused on adding cosmetic things when performance is so bad for nearly 3 months. This is shocking. This company is a shell of what it used to be in the past. So sad.

7 Likes

Been starting to have this problem since the last patch. Before, despite my pc being a day older, everything ran as intended. Now, the stutter even made me unable to raid, which I was really excited to help the guild out with.

Really disheartening to see this is a persisting problem that hasn’t been adressed at all.

4 Likes

Not defending them, but cosmetic team is different from this issue. Most TP cosmetics are just colour changes or few new items with different colour variations. Two different teams.

I would love if they they would communicate ANYTHING, even if admitting they don’t know yet or “yes, we have some clues”, but really anything. And also saying if they are putting enough of their resources to this problem. Silence is more frustrating than knowing they don’t actually know but working on it still.

Transparency would be welcome, they were getting well with communication. Please, just say anything.

Variable Rate Shading Graphics Options on the Patch 10.0.7 PTR - Wowhead News

Another useless setting added that REDUCES GPU load, which just makes this problem worse. It’s well known WoW is CPU bound, and putting as much load on the GPU as possible, would make things better.

Can’t tell if Blizzard is trolling us or if they’re incompetent, and try to look at every solution but their own game engine…

3 Likes

Not only is it going to be basically useless in WoW, VRS so far has never yielded good results in any implementation so far.

3 Likes