Maximum Realm Capacity Increased – 28 August

That phrasing did make me >> :joy:

Possibly because I read it in a sports announcer voice.

1 Like

This solution is only a temporary fix that delays the issue for Phase 2.

Please, do the thing. Double the amount of servers available, offer free migrations, and let the people live in healthy environments. I’ve rerolled 3 times already.

It’s just a matter of admitting that “You think you do, but you don’t” was wrong. Classic is being such a success that this miserable tactic of skimping resources can be interpreted almost as an intentional attempt to undermine the “project”. Just stop doubting Classic and put your faith in it. The community will answer your call.

10 Likes

lease, do the thing. Double the amount of servers available, offer free migrations, and let the people live in healthy environments. I’ve rerolled 3 times already.

its impossible to have same amount of players on every server if they add new servers and people will always want to play on most populated server :slight_smile: and on pvp servers side balance is also big problem and people wont be willing to play on one sided faction side

Yes. But if my calculations are correct, there are still 70k in queues

when will this go live? I’ve qued since 1 PM today and its 9 PM now with 5600 more in QUE ahead of me. :stuck_out_tongue: Was almost 30k in QUE when i placed myself in que remote from work to my home computer so i might been able to play some. But noooooooo…

Thank you for listening. Hopefully this won’t affect in-game lag too much

Thank you Blizzard! Well done.

1 Like

I would feel bad for Blizzard having to deal with this situation and the angry costumers but…
They were arrogant about popularity of this project.
ActivisionBlizzard is extreamly huge corporation, money for the servers should not be an issue.
It has 15y of experience running mmos and launches.
Ignoring all the people that said we need more servers prior to launch
Ignoring the Hispanic plea for dedicated servers

1 Like

And how exactly will they remove layering now?

When they have even more layers on a single server…

1 Like

That’s not the question I asked. Where did Blizzard said there would be no server group ? Because your entire argument about conflicting names in case of merging is entirely based on it, so I hope you have got some serious source supporting it.

Split servers? How? Alphabetic order? Pushing people away from one server and in the process split guilds, friends and communities. It is much more reasonable and easy to merge than split a server.

1 Like

It’s not about having an equally shared population on all realms. It’s about people actually being able to play.

Maybe it’s time for the community to also stop fearing ending up in a “dead server” when all servers are reaching full capacity. Blizzard has said that all realms flagged as “Medium” have a cap higher than original game’s servers. So unless you are on a “recommended” server when P2 kicks in, there will be no need to worry.

1 Like

You think you do but you don’t is just not working abd those behind that just have to go now

Kevin Jordan said perfect population per server is around 2.5k to max 3k , this is not good decision…

1 Like

Realms started to die within months of Vanilla launching. Connected realms happened in 2013 I think :slight_smile:

Hows the queue on firemaw ?

1 Like

10179 - 168 min

Going down quite quickly though.

More layers.

Cant wait for the phase 2 ques!

100k ques inc.

1 Like

still bad stay away

have a cap higher than original game’s servers

have a playerbase bigger than retail you mean.

2 Likes