Maximum Realm Capacity Increased – 28 August

That’s just dumb. A “medium” population today is already overcrowded, having higher pop than a “full” Vanilla server, dixit Blizzard itself.
The layering increases its pop even further.
Now you’re increasing this limit AGAIN.

WE DON’T NEED BIGGER REALMS, WE NEED MORE REALMS !

WTF is Blizzard so incredibly afraid of merging servers, that they are ready to completely screw up the existing ones rather than face the remote possibility to have one or two merging to do month from now ?

9 Likes

Great! So tomorrow I can expect only a 7 hour queue instead of 9? Awesome.

9 Likes

Gehennas :frowning:

The concern is that it will be difficult to turn layering off and switch to authentic Vanilla realm caps. That probably is still a concern but I guess these queues are too much of a customer service disaster to ignore :slight_smile:

very good thanks for acting

1 Like

Do my eyes deceive me? A Blue Post saying they are increasing the population cap?!
<3
Do you have an ETA?

They are 100% convinced that most people will quit soon…
Just as they thought starting with 2 pvp servers would be a good idea…

5 Likes

Like, when? Tonight? Every server full. My partner still has 7k queue. Even if she nanages to log in, the latency is climbing so high it’s virtually unplayable.

Didn’t help. Still in queue since 13:15 … 5301 position.

Feel for you bro. We had Low/Medium population for the first two days. We then had a reasonable queue on Razorgore and now its ridiculously full. Annoying but hopefully not for long. My queue is moving fast now.

BLIZZ cmon guys … we TRUSTED YOU ! :disappointed_relieved::cold_sweat::sob:

Please do so. Less people for the rest of us to wait for in queue

Ignorance is great isn’t it. There’s a high possibility a lot of the initial population is going to leave pretty early on, and more population won’t be hurtful in any way either.
Realm merges present problems such as that some people have to switch the names that are so precious to them for example.

2 Likes

I just jumped 500 positions, guess that was all it did :yeay:.
Yes I’m a bit salty after being qued for 8 hours

Why don’t they simply OPEN MORE REALMS then ?

I mean, from the mouth of Ion himself :

But from the start of planning for this launch, we’ve tried to prioritize the long-term health of our realm communities, recognizing that if we undershot the mark in terms of launch servers, we could move quickly to add additional realms in the opening hours.

Supposedly they can add servers in hours. So… just do it. Servers are already overcrowded on top of being overcrowded, is it SUCH A TERRIFYING POSSIBILITY that the pop will drop in such measure they will maybe have to do a few merges later ?

Currently deploying? ETA? An hour, three hours, any time now? After restart?

Information and more details please!

6 Likes

Will queuequeue babies stop crying now?

Realms merge don’t require rename. Just look at how server groups work in retail.
What will cause a lot more problem than a painless server group, is having an overcrowded server where you can’t spit without hitting someone and they need to have a part of the population to migrate somewhere else, breaking link with the existing community.

Blizzard isn’t making sense.

1 Like

I think they are doing gradual jumps, ive jumped 1k twice, so hopefully wont be too long, 8 hours que so far, 2.5k left from 14.6k

1 Like

I would also like to add that certain people in charge just spending time apologising over and over recently. Since they are getting things wrong all the time now, can you consider shifting things around?

Bad decisions all around.

2 Likes