Maybe stop keys from downgrading with griefers?

I joined a +11 freehold key to heal it. I feel kind of sorry for the guy who had the key.

As soon as we hit the second obelisk the dh in the group went full idiot and taunted the boss and dashed and kept taunting the boss and ran to harlan with the obelisk boss and died then he just went “bye bye key” and left.

Like, what. Why should the guys key downgrade from this?

3 Likes

That guy was a tard. Report him, /shrug and move on, really.

2 Likes

there is nothing much you can do about it.

people will just abuse the system to get whatever key they want if they implement some sort of option to not deplete the key. i mean, there are so many reasons as to why people might be kicked or leave a key, how is the system reliably filter out those “real” cases?

this is a reoccurring discussion and never has someone come up with a system that is reliable and not exploitable.

having a key depleted and degrade sucks, but its no big deal either so

3 Likes

What could work in these situation, something that can be Slightly exploited in both ways is if the key wouldnt get downgraded until atleast 1/4 bosses are down

It wouldnt fix the problem, but it would work fine as a temporarly fix

Well that’s what inviting random DH’s does to a key …

7 Likes

So practically, how would this work?

How does a system decide someone griefed a key as opposed to a group that tried an overly optimistic pull and scuffed it and wants to reset without penalty?

Well they could make it so that the first time someone leaves the key doesn’t deplete but when it happens a second or third time it does.

And this will only go into affect when someone leaves if they finish it it doesn’t count or when the final boss is almost dead so they can scam the key.

Ive seen recently a comp of 2 guys, tank + dps trying some mambo wambo MDI superstar tactics on someones freehold i was called to heal.

It ended up badly, you must add that sometimes people try their own META-TACTICS in someone else’s key.

As i said before: Rio should add runs /left and it has runs completed. There would be nobody leaving a key if they did, i promise.

1 Like

Ikr,some people don’t realize that such gameplay require well trained team. Team in which every person have specific job,player A interrupting specific mob etc.
In order to reach such state of gameplay trial and error is only way aka wiping,and you don’t want wiping when you pug ,therefore bit safer approach is wiser thing to do.
But some people watch way too many stream’s and play little.

Rio cannot display information it cannot gather from Blizzard’s API to begin with.

1 Like

not quite sure if im missing something here so what you re saying is that the key doesnt deplete when they finish it within time for the first time despite someone left?

i mean, if i got this right, this might sound good for premade groups but pug groups? i dont think that certain people actually care about a random dudes keystone, they would still leave regardless.
you can often judge how a run will go on the first boss. if someone leaves as the group performs poorly at or before the boss and they leave, i kind of doubt the group is good enough in the first place to pull through the entire rest of tge dungeon. and what if tank or healer leaves?

So…

Change the API to give good statistics on this.

Problem is that an API in all likelihood can’t really discern what is someone leaving, being kicked or DC.

If you allow it to count kicking as leaving, then it’s just abusable, if you make it count DC then it’s dumb. Too many things go in, and a computer can’t look at a situation and make a decision whether or not it was fair to leave or if someone even left, you’d need a human for that, and that would just be ridiculous.

2 Likes

Be happy keys do not brick (deplete) any longer. It is already much more idiot-proof.

1 Like

Like report posses any threat at all. Unless its made in a few mins from 40+ other players, nothing will happen.

Rio feed from m+ ladderboard, blizz not tracking failed runs, rio wont be able to do it either.

How about we just stop keys?
Just let me enter any dungeon, punch in a difficulty and press the start button already

1 Like

They should allow you to invite replacements to dungeons as well.

Problems of pugging. Not much you can do except move on. There can’t be a system that prevents key downgrading: for people would abuse it. After all, who knows if the key was purposefully griefed or not, unless Blizzard themselves review the situation? Which would in turn consume massive amounts of manpower, for something that is a relatively small issue.

Such a perfect portrait of a demon hunter.