Meh, I'm Bored

I’m so bored by this expansion already. It feels generic in all the worst ways. Dragonkin acting like hotel servants, weird fire vrykul with tiny heads suddenly ‘awakening’ to be an enemy, so many samy, happy and golly gee characters. It all feels so… bland. Like there’s no uniqueness to be explored here, no sense of being in foreign lands.

Does it get more interesting because I am so bored right now. I look back at expansions that evoked an idea of challenge, danger, peril and I feel none of it here. Doesn’t help that every enemy dies without even touching my HP, even when I pull many, even when my iLvL isn’t that high.

Meh.

29 Likes

Probably time to log off, uninstall and move on.

48 Likes

100% agree with you.

Feels shallow and thrown together with the all-important cultural tick boxes checked.

18 Likes

I mean, IMO I think what they did with the systems feels fresh. Yeah they borrowed ideas from other MMOs, but these are good ideas and shows me that Blizzard is willing to get out of their own bubble. Personally, I am looking forward to getting knee-deep into the new profession system.

Maybe MMOs are just not for you anymore? Nothing wrong with that.

36 Likes

I don’t see feature-copying as really leaving a bubble, though.

4 Likes

Unless we have a disagreement on semantics, looking at what works in competitors’ titles and using those ideas is the literal definition of getting out of one’s own bubble. Also the community council, even if that may at times have been controversial, seems to have done well at gathering more direct feedback rather than only having that filtered.

7 Likes

The SEASON has NOT EVEN STARTED YET how are people complaining this easily, then quit, bye…

39 Likes

i like it finally some wow after all those years waiting since legion ended

9 Likes

Have you explored your kitchen, truly?
Tried new recipes lately yes?

3 Likes

So quit then, no one is holding you hostage forcing you to play.

13 Likes

It might be. I had already noticed the lack of game elements worth coming back for. dragonriding and professions are nice additions but they’re not core gameplay activities. But seeing now how I am just constantly thinking about playing other games while in WoW, I think I’ll probably let the sub run out.

Or rather a lack of cultures. I always liked exploring the unique traditions of new continents but there’s just nothing here. Which is weird, you’d think with them being woke, they’d actually want to showcase some uniqueness but instead it’s just bland soup with nothing exotic about it.

Nah, it’s not that. It’s mostly that I think there nothing for me to look forward to. I really think dragonriding and professions will become irrelevant after a few months, and the glaring lack of actual new features will become painfully obvious. No player housing, no always active world PvP zone, no world scaling or legacy raiding, bad storytelling, no new race/classes to dig into.

That probably reinforces my sense of ‘What am I even working toward here?’. They took out borrowed powers and replaced it with… what exactly? Just talent trees?

Bye gnome.

I’ll concede it does feel slightly more like warcraft than Shadowlands but it’s like… warcraft for babies?

A tauren promoting BBQ! Excellent!

I just wanted to voice my disappointment. And ask if it gets better or if other people share the sentiment. Instead I get told to quit, again. Can’t I ask if it gets better? Can’t I expect better? Geez.

10 Likes

Its not an ordinary Tauren. He’s Beefyclown. Master of the Oven. Lord of the Bacon. King of the grill.

6 Likes

I’m sorry but I actually LOL’d at that. Excellent comeback hahaha

2 Likes

It’s not a comeback, I have no beef with him. I certainly didn’t try to roast him. I just thought it was funny :smiley:

4 Likes

No no, only about 85ilvl ahead of what it’s tuned for.

That aside, the levelling wasn’t bad this expansion, quite enjoyable, and will say, Dragonriding is an amazing addition to the game, it is so fun to transverse the world.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, those that got fired from Blizzard could make games. The developers in control now are just a bunch of snowflakes and thier main goal with wow is to spread thier political correctness.

12 Likes

Then why it is tunned so low? Why we have this insane itemlvl gapbs? oh yeah beoucse og qudrizilion of difficulty levels.

You are aware this has always been a thing? right?
Since you seem confused, it’s tuned so a fresh char, doesn’t have to spend a few weeks at 60 raiding ect to get gear before going into the next expansion.

3 Likes

It wasnt tihing in TBC, Vannila and WOTLK.

1 Like

Then you didn’t have very good gear going into TBC and WotLK

6 Likes