Meh, I'm Bored

I have heard a lot of conflicting things about it but good that you like it.

The thing is though that it’s not a core gameplay element. It’ll be novel to play around with, do the races if you’re so inclined and collect the mount parts. But it’s not a raid, or a dungeon, or a PvP mode or zone, or player housing or some other activity that players log in for. Most people don’t sit there and think ‘Wow, I really wanna do some dragonriding, let me subscribe to WoW because it’s so much fun’

The novelty will wear out eventually and it’ll just be a mode of transportation but it will not be something people stick around for. Neither will professions. I think they misjudged this. M+, raids and same-old PvP will not keep WoW afloat I think.

We didn’t need another treadmill, bless them for realising that after 6 years. But they barely gave us anything else worth enjoying. Plenty of people said they didn’t like dragonflying too, what is there for them?

There is talent in some areas. I think the problem is the lead devs. They are the ones who decided what to put in and what not to put in. Ion saying unironically that even the devs want player housing despite him being the guy in charge and the reason it’s NOT in the game is the height of irony.

And the writers are woke. This is a massive problem for me personally because I find the writing that results from that sort of mentality to be bland, forced and often completely unhinged.

No he’s right. It was far less so in those expansions. Sure top raiders didn’t struggle very hard, or at all but for most, you still needed to watch out not to pull too many enemies. In DF, I bet I could take an undergeared character, pull a whole horde and be fine. I’m not saying it needs to be rock hard, I’m just saying I find it very boring. A game that offers no challenge in its activities is boring.

4 Likes

You dont need good gear to feceroll world content. Literaly some basic leveing gear from lvl 60 and you can still aoe pull and kill everything easy.

2 Likes

The gsme is alrdy better than bfa and Sl.

Seems like you liked the rat trap of grinding systems whom purpose was to keep you subbed as much as they could.

Now the game lets you focus on pve, pvp, or other stuff, you”re handcufss are off and you seem to not
Like it.

No harm in that, but i love the zones, the story and the grindtreadmill gone.

For me DF alrdy won the SL duel by far
My 2 cents

7 Likes

I agree.
Shadowlands had way better lvl up.
This is just forest and dragons and it’s boring.
Even the main antagonist looks silly and the scene fight with Alexstradza was cringy and lame to see dragons flying and trying to bite each other lol.
I assume dragon expansion is not for me however i will play it i put a 12 month sub lel

3 Likes

It does get better but if your complaining already its almost like you dont want it to

1 Like

If u dont like it , just dont play it.

U payed alrdy, its dumb to play it just cuz u feel remorse over 12months money.

Next time pay montlhy:)

Gluck

4 Likes

I actually didn’t play much of BfA - one month or so - and played just one month of Shadowlands too. So no, I didn’t like those systems either.

DF might be better than they were now but I really wonder if they shouldn’t have added in more core content to engage with, rather than two subsystems and M+, raids and PvP.

It was very cringy. No blood either, despite plenty of bites and claws. Also it makes the motivation for ‘ranged evokers’ top kek. Dragons really remind of ranged fighters, they say. While the animators next to them have them punch and bite like dragons do, showing they very much are brutal melee combatants first. Oh well!

What an assumption. But it gets better? Can you elaborate a little, please?

3 Likes

Dunno mate, mmo started with pve mainly and pvp.

Housing systems and other stuff are cool, but not the main focus of mmos.

Yes they would be a great addition but most player base, play mmos for pve and pvp mostly.

U could try ffxiv has what ur looking for, otherwise there are other games that could suit ur needs.

Expac seems fine, you”re needs doesnt seem to align with wow , thats fine, just search other niche games or give ffxiv a try

Gluck

Me too, that fight scene was utterly ridiculous. Had me laughing but not in a good way.

4 Likes

Oh that’s true. But all modern MMO’s have evolved beyond that to include new features. Popular among those are guild features, housing, open world PvP zones with week or month long campaigns, and so on.

WoW - which in terms of gameplay is probably still my favourite, moreso with the talent trees I came back for - hasn’t done any of this. It’s meandered between weird systems, grinds, timegated nonsense and now dragonflying and profession updates.

I play Wow and see so much potential, but then I come down to earth and so much of it is untapped. Ion did mention in a brief moment of lucidity that the dev team has to cater to so many different player needs that they struggle to choose between them.

Perhaps I am indeed just not the target audience anymore. And perhaps they have no clue what keeps players engaged and I’ll be proven right in a few months, when the actual activities have become stale again because of how dated many still are - Alterac Valley is a complete joke for example - and people begin to drop subs again.

2 Likes

The expansion is out for 1 day ? Your mindset are just that you don’t like wow anymore .
It’s like watching a movie and saying from start "this is bad " .

4 Likes

All I heard was complaining about drop rates and stuff.

And the mobs, once you don’t outgear them, are damage as pronged. I pull more than two I’m hosed.

1 Like

Its not MMO in general from cata if you will forget dungeons for a while …exactly as he wrote “enemies dont touching his HPs” thats exactly point for single player game included in MMO world xD Blizz maybe did that just for that reason he knew that people will leave it as it is right now …so, next expansion will be maybe soloable whole. :smiley:

look on the bright side,you now have to wait for vigor to be able to fly to the next tree.

complete crap expac.

scrapped covenants 2.0 in last minute aplha bugged no test no optimization android ui game.

4 Likes

I solved it by refund for that 89€ pre order, moving back to playable versions. maybe there is not that great graphics and some design utilities, but hey, there is functional game system for maaaaaany hours of fun.

3 Likes

I am gonna say it again in case magically it gets noticed.
The basic magic of the game was lost when autoattacks wanding etc got irrelevant. Special attacks were meant to be special attacks with their own cds and when you would use them it meant something. Now you gotta break your fingers to be productive entering a very repeatable circle. You got many things to use but that’s not what’s good. We would need to strategize things to work. Bleeds, poisons, slows, roots, fricking Windfury!! Yes those things mattered and should still even for casual leveling. That’s why people still play the classics. But that’s not merely enough because that content had been solved and was addressing another era. We can learn from the past and evolve. We really need to get back to the basics. Getting a new skill or a new trait for that skill is what gave the thrill… Not hasteing to the end game to get toxic in raids or pvp circles about who got the bis and who not. get the proper classes, form a grp and strategize for a fricking boss. Everything moves so fast these days, even character’s moving is edited by moderation fast. World of Warcraft needs time to explore On the Ground!
Sorry for the long text btw.

5 Likes

I like it so far. Yes Vigor is boring but i just take a cup of tea whilst waiting for it to refill. It’s not a gamebreaker to me.
I like the green, lush enviroment. I never pay that much attention to npcs. I dont get attached to them but i still like to play it. Taking it slow and just enjoying the new areas to explore

4 Likes

Faster movements is not that bad, but yeah that no need for any strategy, which looks more like spam any spell and get no dmg from enemies is so sucks. Btw. we could see also after that level decrease to level 60 …many recipes was just deleted, rest of it is also useless. So, as it seems to me, Blizzard just threw up 70-80% of content from the window, to get any childish trash, which is “respectful for your time” …dunno, who came with that to MMO game …mehee

Mmmm, designs are great …but thats all and its somehow sad.

Just let it go guys, you are not kids anymore. You won’t have your heart racing because someone of the opposite faction attacked you, and you won’t feel the pulse and the exitement for looting a pair of shoulders from a mob or because you learned a new talent point.

Yes, there are things i don’t like as well, but sometimes i really feel for the devs. No matter what they do, people are always donking on them. The expansion is out since 1 day and people are already crying…Its ok if you don’t like it, do not play it.

Stop looking for that vanilla feeling when you were 12 coming home from school exited to play wow, its not here. If classic is of your liking, good! Its nice to have things you enjoy.

This is your preference, if dragonflight is already boring to you maybe its wise to play something else, or read a book. And i am not saying that to make fun of anyone, i got bored of SL and took a 7 month break, there is nothing wrong with it

10 Likes