Merge servers

Started playing on the launch of classic wow, was good times, playing on Stonespine pvp and after a 3-4 months I quit the game.

Now when Ive returned, server is nothing what it used to be. All ally transfered to other servers and most of horde did too, leaving about 1 k only horde ppl stuck on that server.

I know Blizzard was “sloppy”(to say at least) and thus they didnt monitor situation accordingly so it got us here today but I believe everyone should be given a 2nd chance so with this post…

I, Shabanx, shaman of the Horde, give you Blizzard a chance to learn a redemption spell to undo your “sloppines” and merge Stonespine server with Bloodfang, Ten Storms, Judgement and Flamelash giving us, “the forgotten” communties balanced server, or in other words, service we paid for!

Sincirely Yours,
Shabanx

3 Likes

Technically, service we pay for is access to servers. Balanced and populated server is not part of the deal.
Pay for transfer or just wait for “maybe merge” with tbc.

1 Like

Have to disagree to some degree, I was paying and still paying for a PVP server.

Since there isnt any pvp due to missing alliance, service is missing.

We all know they could keep servers balanced and healthy to give us, consumers, best expirience.

but purpose of wow is feed poor hungry kotick.

2 Likes

what about servers where blizz had free transfers and it ruined population?

1 Like

That is controversail subject, lot of pros and cons.
My stance is if people were happy, they wouldnt leave with free transfers. Keeping people unhappy and denying transfer isnt very healthy for server, long term at least.

and leaving dead server for others players is reward for paying sub every month.

I was on Stonespine actually. It was only slightly better than Flamelash, which is to say not utter trash. I remember literally being unable to go anywhere outside of Ironforge because of constant Horde raids during P2. I guess people on Alliance finally reached their limit and left en masse.

Tough luck bud! I suggest you get that credit card out and transfer cause there will be a loooong time before they merge servers. Not that they should.

1 Like

No they couldn’t, it’s players that balance realms not Blizzard.

Since Blizzard doesnt provide data of servers, players cannot be the ones who balance servers. Simple as that.

If players had data, servers like this wouldnt be an issue nowdays. At least not in this scale.

I came to the forums to see if there was an answer to this question. I currently too play on Stonespine. Stonespine was a 60/40 server and then it tipped over ending with basically all alliance guilds migrating away.

I joined a pvp server for all aspects of it. I have been ganked endlessly and I really don’t mind. That added dimension is what I wanted. What I really hope for is that come TBC there will be an option to

• select the char you want to move into the expansion
  • and the destination server

If there was a bundle price for account migration maybe, but the price per character is just too much.

./push Topic Blizzard need fix ruined population!

It would save Blizzard money to merge these dead servers (Don’t have to keep several up anymore). They should probably wait with it till TBC though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.